Opinions after having sailed first few Australian Disney cruises

So disappointing and thanks for letting me know. Not really good enough
It is disappointing. Hopefully DCL improves upon a number of aspects in future down under cruise seasons (including consistent Castaway Club gifts, tips / gratuities being included in the price (to ensure the staff get paid), coordinated movie premiers (it appears Wish still isn't showing onboard), sufficient stock of Mickey bars, deluxe popcorn buckets, merchandise, maybe a ticketed "Fab Five" gathering, etc).

Last edited:
It is disappointing. Hopefully DCL improves upon a number of aspects in future down under cruise seasons (including consistent Castaway Club gifts, tips / gratuities being included in the price (to ensure the staff get paid), coordinated movie premiers (it appears Wish still isn't showing onboard), sufficient stock of Mickey bars, deluxe popcorn buckets, merchandise, maybe a ticketed "Fab Five" gathering, etc).
I was disappointed in this as I had been sure I read somewhere that on the boat you get to see Disney movies before they are released. We did the 1st -4 December Auckland to Auckland sailing.

I was disappointed in this as I had been sure I read somewhere that on the boat you get to see Disney movies before they are released.
My understanding is that they’re ordinary shown on the Disney ships on the same date as the US premier date (or the day after depending upon time zones). I *think* Wish is showing on all of the other ships, but not Wonder for some reason?

finally getting closer to my sailing, though serves me right for booking the last Aus cruise before it goes back to the US 😅
also re pixie dusting, did anyone here participate? I have a few gifts to sprinkle around, though the fb group for the sailing has compiled a list for over 70 staterooms, I'm feeling a little bad I only have enough for a fraction of that! 😓

Just getting over my post-Disney blues now, and of course one of the best remedies is to start looking for the next cruise itinerary! 😅

Has anyone already booked another cruise to look forward to?

I’m holding out to see what the 2025/2026 season looks like. I’m hoping for a bit more variety in the itinerary. I have a place holder so I have a while to think about it. I heard 2 different rumours on board from staff. One was they will bring out the magic for that season the other was they will bring the fantasy. I know that fantasy won’t fit under the bridge but that far in advance maybe they could book circular quay rather than white bay.

I’m holding out to see what the 2025/2026 season looks like.
Same here. We discovered that the "Magic at Sea" cruises aren't the best fit for us. We would like to try to find a cruise with some interesting destinations. IF it was the Fantasy, that could perhaps be enough reason to do another "Magic at Sea" cruise, but it's doubtful.

Yep I agree, would love to see more interesting destinations and if they could bring in the Fantasy that would be enticing too!
Otherwise I’m not in a rush to do another AU/NZ sailing, planning to do a Bahamas one next year, and hoping the vibe will be a bit more relaxed 😅 I totally get that the inaugural season here would be a bit chaotic but personally I didn’t find the 4 nights to be as relaxing as I would have liked

personally I didn’t find the 4 nights to be as relaxing as I would have liked
I didn't find 5 nights to be relaxing! I understand that there were a lot of factors involved, but I didn't enjoy all the extra time spent in lines for the shows, the characters, the shop, etc at all.

I didn't find 5 nights to be relaxing! I understand that there were a lot of factors involved, but I didn't enjoy all the extra time spent in lines for the shows, the characters, the shop, etc at all.
Yea I didn’t bother lining up for characters or shows, the mad rush to get front row seats just felt a bit much for me

The vibe felt very much like it was every man/woman/dog for themselves 😅 maybe the next seasons will be a bit more calm!

Agree with the sentiments here. We enjoyed our melb-auckl but was a one and done unless there are amazing ports/destinations. Would not do another cruise to nowhere (lol not that Auckl is nowhere!)

Agree with the sentiments here. We enjoyed our melb-auckl but was a one and done unless there are amazing ports/destinations. Would not do another cruise to nowhere (lol not that Auckl is nowhere!)

It is a little nowhere-y. Sorry Aucklanders.

Problem becomes time. If you look at what other lines offer in the area the cruises that go to places like Port Vila, Honiara, Noumea are longer than 7 nights. Even pure New Zealand cruises are 9 to 13 nights to go around both Islands. I have a southern Australia cruise booked on Celebrity. Only Australian ports and it is still 9 nights.

I was on the Melbourne to Auckland cruise. Loved it. Would I rush to do it again, no. But that is more to not being in any rush to go back to Auckland or the North Island in general.

It is a little nowhere-y. Sorry Aucklanders.
That’s how I felt about Hobart, no offence to Hobart 😅
An itinerary to NZ South Island would definitely be interesting, if DCL could add longer itineraries and do a scenic cruise through Fiordland National Park they can take my money!

That’s how I felt about Hobart, no offence to Hobart 😅
An itinerary to NZ South Island would definitely be interesting, if DCL could add longer itineraries and do a scenic cruise through Fiordland National Park they can take my money!

HAL, Celebrity and Royal all do at least one of those a season I think.

I am looking forward to visiting Hobart. Looks fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter