orange lake resort

tednvon

DIS Veteran
Hello....will be staying at Orange Lake Resort in late Jan with 5 of us in a 2 bedoom unit....I have read about different parts of Orange Lake being better or newer than others...just wondering if there is any advice out there about which units or sections are best, closest to the pools ect...........thanks.........Ted

Hi - Orange Lake is a great place to stay - we have been owners there for almost 10 years and stay every year. Our week is the 1st week in May. Orange Lake has grown by leaps and bounds. It is a huge complex. The units that are on the main road (192) are called, I think, Tennis Villas - they have a regular size pool near that complex - the newest area is called North Village and they have a real nice pool area with zero depth entry, with a small slide for the kids and also a snack bar and a place for cocktails. If you are staying in any of the original villas, which is what we own, and are very nice, you will need to drive to the North Village area because it is too far to walk! The main area, where you check in, has a huge olympic size pool, a heated pool and another free form pool with plenty of spots to sit and sunbathe. There is also a kiddie pool with one of those mushroom waterfalls in the middle. You will also find a few snack bars and shops and a tiki bar in this area.

You should check out their website - www.orangelake.com for more information.

Have fun!

Thanks a lot.....getting anxious......grandkids should have a ball.....Ted

We stayed in a 3 br unit in the tennis villas the first week in Dec 2001. The location and unit were great! The unit was directly next to the main club house and pools. Building 5700 I believe. I enjoyed this location. We could walk to the pools and clubhouse, and the drive in from 192 wasn't too bad. We also took a ride up to the North Village to visit the pool there- Splash Lagoon. My kids loved this. Overall, I was very impressed with this resort. I recommend the Tennis Villas or the North Village just for proximity to the amenities. Any more questions - feel free to ask..

We stayed in a 3 br unit in the tennis villas the first week in Dec 2001. The location and unit were great! The unit was directly next to the main club house and pools.

I believe this is where we stayed when we joined friends who own there. We loved it. They had upgraded to a 3 bed and you could see the fireworks from the screen balcony (they were small, but you sure could see them!)

Are there any differences in the North Village and the Tennis Villas? What are the little individual type units closer to the front called?

I've read on other posts that what day you check in determines which section you get. Does anyone know orange lakes schedule? We would probably stay a week, does anyone know if they do 6 or 7 night stays or maybe it doesn't matter.

And finally, price. Does anyone know a general price for the 2 or 3 bed villas in the north or tennis sections for a week. I'm sure it varies on a lot of factors, but looking for a ball-park because we really enjoyed it there. Oh! And if you rent are you required to sit through any presentations??

Thanks!

I was following this thread because I'm interested in this resort also. I'm an RCI member and they are showing a rate of $449 for the week I want to go... Could you post your lengthy reply because I was interested in all the same things ChiTownZee is asking :~)
Thanks,
Jenn

Ted,

Have you returned from Orange Lakes yet? Just interested in how you liked the property with the grandkids. We are planning for October with 2 kids 5 and 8. Thanks!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter