Ordering a birthday cake for in the parks?

princessreilly

DIS Veteran
Can someone please pass me a link with information on ordering a birthday cake to have at one of the restaurants in the parks? I have looked and can't find it, and I have called several numbers from Universal with no luck? We will be at Universal and IOA on my daughter's 16th birthday and I'm trying to make plans to have her a birthday cake in one of the restaurants based on best options. We would probably prefer to eat at one of the Harry Potter themed ones, but I know that is probably not an option.

Thanks for any help or tips!

You can order one for some of the Universal hotels, but I have never heard of being able to do it in the parks.

princess, contact guest services and ask if any of the park eateries do special requests for cakes.

If you have a large group, make a reservation in advance.
Lombards, Finnegans (studios) are table service eateries and can accept an rsvp.
IOA has Confisco bay, Mythos for table service and accept rsvp

Potter eateries are basically counter service set up.
You order in line, then go to the table.

Quite possibly you could take to staff at even the counter service places and ask staff if they can do a surprise dessert for the birthday girl.

You can get cakes ordered and served to you at your table at many of the hotel eateries.
One year one of my friends order a lovely cake for me and it was in the room when I entered it.

It was such a suprise for me and really apprecatied it
It was more like a mini cake for one person.

but that sweet friend was so darling to do that treat for me

I called Guest services and they gave me the number for catering and catering gave me the number for Hard Rock? I called Hard Rock hotel and they said if we dine in one of the restaurants or stay there we could order one? But we are staying at Disney and visiting Universal and IOA for one day so I was hoping to have one in the park somehow? I even called about the Marvel character dinner and asked and they said they don't do anything special?

I don't believe there is any kind of service like this inside the park. The hotel would make it for you and send it down to the restaurant you want but that's probably it.

I understand now!

You are not a hotel guest but a day guest in the parks wanting to celebrate a meal with an ordered birthday cake.

In order to do that, you need to make the arrangements in one of the hotels.
The park eateries don't have the set up for a birthday party for in the parks.

Maybe set aside a few hours and make the plans for a bd celebration at Hard Rock

Could be an evening dinner might work for you.

If time is an issue, just go to guest services in the park and ask for a birthday button to wear.
You will get many happy birthday greetings from the staff in the parks.
Sometimes a few places will offer you a free soda, cupcake, good wishes, etc

Since it seems you are making it over to the darkside for your daughters birthday, I have an idea.

I don't think you are going to get the cake thing done, but that is something I think they need to rethink, but anyway.

My idea is each person in your party could go to honey dukes or whatever park you are in and each person buy a potter themed dessert idea. Cauldron cake, chocolate frog, flavored beans. There are lots of choices and present them to her at your meal.

I actually bet she would like that better than a cake.

That sounds like a good idea. But I may rearrange our itinerary so we can be in Disney on her birthday so she can get a cake. It looks like they are open an hour earlier and no HHN that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter