• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering off the Kids

jsternad

Mouseketeer
We are not doing the dining plan. I have an 11yo, who can sometimes be a little picky, and I know a few of the sit down places we enjoy she is going to want to order off the kids menu. Ex- we love 50's Prime Time, but I know for sure she'll want chicken tenders, mac and cheese and fries. How strict are they about the 9 and under?

She can absolutely order off the kids menu as long as it is not a buffet or price fix menu (then she's an adult for pricing)

We are not doing the dining plan. I have an 11yo, who can sometimes be a little picky, and I know a few of the sit down places we enjoy she is going to want to order off the kids menu. Ex- we love 50's Prime Time, but I know for sure she'll want chicken tenders, mac and cheese and fries. How strict are they about the 9 and under?
My 11 year old did so most recently last October. I've heard from several people that even adults can order from the kids meal as long as, previously mentioned, not a buffet, prefix menu, or character meal. Our son was able to order from the kids menu during a character meal last summer but, as we confirmed beforehand, was charged the adult price.

Awesome. Yeah, we would most definitely not ask for childrens pricing at a buffet or price fixe. Only price fixe we might do is BOG if we can get a reservation, and she can most definitely mow down a good steak, no problem lol.

Do they also let seniors? My mom is coming with us and she might want to once or twice (obviously not a buffet or price fixe).

My 11 year old did so most recently last October. I've heard from several people that even adults can order from the kids meal as long as, previously mentioned, not a buffet, prefix menu, or character meal. Our son was able to order from the kids menu during a character meal last summer but, as we confirmed beforehand, was charged the adult price.
I believe that when you pay the adult price, they give you a double portion of the kids' size?

ate at 50's Prime Time 2 weeks ago. My 2 grand daughters- 18 yr old (allergies) and 13 year old (picky eater) ordered off the kids menu. They had chicken tenders. were charged kids prices.

Disney owned restaurants in general allow it, 3rd party restaurants like many in World Showcase are more strict. Via Napoli and the restaurants in Mexico are the ones that usually are reported to be the most strict.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter