Original studios at Poly headed for an increase?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
How long will it take Disney to reallocate the points at the Poly once the tower is done? I wonder just how many they will add each night to the studios in the long houses? Could it be a be a game changer?

Original Poly buyers bought enough points they needed to cover the current cost, but could the studios (the original )command a new normal range of around 30 points a night?

How long will it take Disney to reallocate the points at the Poly once the tower is done? I wonder just how many they will add each night to the studios in the long houses? Could it be a be a game changer?

Original Poly buyers bought enough points they needed to cover the current cost, but could the studios (the original )command a new normal range of around 30 points a night?

I don't see this happening.

As an owner you have a deeded title to a particular unit (a unit can be a combination of rooms, so check what is on your title). The total points for the entire unit can not change, just be reallocated through out the year. So points can not be removed from 1 unit and added to another unit.

Now DVC did this at SSR when they increased the points of the treehouses and lowered studio points. Lucky for them most owners liked the change and did not complain. When they next tried to do that a few years ago at another resort, members here called them out on the change and it was not implemented.

I don't think they can command a higher point chart for the original studios. Not sure how the rules work, but I would think it will be more likely to try to lower the bungalows and the new tower may be higher the original studios. The larger rooms may be higher than VGF as well.

I don't think they can command a higher point chart for the original studios. Not sure how the rules work, but I would think it will be more likely to try to lower the bungalows and the new tower may be higher the original studios. The larger rooms may be higher than VGF as well.
Oh, i didnt know that. I thought they could if they were the same association.

Oh, i didnt know that. I thought they could if they were the same association.
No, they can only reallocate between seasons for the same villa type, and they have to balance increases at one time of year with decreases at another time of year, like they did over the 2021-2023 points charts when summer got cheaper and fall became more expensive. They can’t reallocate from one villa type (for example, studios) to another villa type (for example, 2BR) because each Residential Unit has to retain the same points value it had when sold. The Residential Units are not at all uniform - some are all one kind of villa, like the two RUs in BPK that are all Resort Studios, and some RUs in other resorts are a mix of different sizes of villas, not all the same.

No, they can only reallocate between seasons for the same villa type, and they have to balance increases at one time of year with decreases at another time of year, like they did over the 2021-2023 points charts when summer got cheaper and fall became more expensive. They can’t reallocate from one villa type (for example, studios) to another villa type (for example, 2BR) because each Residential Unit has to retain the same points value it had when sold. The Residential Units are not at all uniform - some are all one kind of villa, like the two RUs in BPK that are all Resort Studios, and some RUs in other resorts are a mix of different sizes of villas, not all the same.

Not exaclty…a unit has to stay balanced and if the unit includes more than one type of room size, they can theoretically rebalance across them.

I also am not sure that they are not allowed to reallocate across an entire resort, I was reading the AKV POS and it says that I’d CL is ever ended, the extra points for those units get put back into the other rooms.

But, I don’t think they will move studio or bungalow points to the tower because it means they might have to sell less points there.

I just don’t think DVD sees the bungalow point charts as a problem.

Not exaclty…a unit has to stay balanced and if the unit includes more than one type of room size, they can theoretically rebalance across them.

I also am not sure that they are not allowed to reallocate across an entire resort, I was reading the AKV POS and it says that I’d CL is ever ended, the extra points for those units get put back into the other rooms.

But, I don’t think they will move studio or bungalow points to the tower because it means they might have to sell less points there.

I agree with you on these points. I was interested to learn more and went back and read my most recent contract (Riviera), and it says:

In order to meet the Owners’ needs and expectations as evidenced by fluctuations in Use Day demand at the Home Resort during a given calendar year, DVCM may, in its discretion, increase or decrease the Home Resort Vacation Point requirements for reservation of a given Use Day within a given Vacation Home during the given calendar year by any amount not to exceed twenty percent (20%) of the Home Resort Vacation Points required to reserve that Use Day during the previous calendar year; provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation Points existing within a given Unit (i.e., the amount of Home Resort VacationPoints representing one hundred percent (100%) of the Ownership Interests in a given Unit) at any time may not be increased or decreased because of any such reallocation. The twenty percent (20%) reallocation limitation shall not apply to increases or decreases in Home Resort Vacation Point reservation requirements relating to changes in special periods of high demand based upon Owner use patterns and changes in Owner use demand (including use demand during special or holiday seasons), as determined by DVCM in its discretion.

I'm no lawyer, but I read this to mean that DVCM can change the number of points needed for any given day between room types (not to exceed 20% year over year) but that the changes must be neutral to the unit point total. If that is the case, then DVCM could have been addressing the "bungalow problem" all along; and haven't.

I agree with you on these points. I was interested to learn more and went back and read my most recent contract (Riviera), and it says:

In order to meet the Owners’ needs and expectations as evidenced by fluctuations in Use Day demand at the Home Resort during a given calendar year, DVCM may, in its discretion, increase or decrease the Home Resort Vacation Point requirements for reservation of a given Use Day within a given Vacation Home during the given calendar year by any amount not to exceed twenty percent (20%) of the Home Resort Vacation Points required to reserve that Use Day during the previous calendar year; provided, however, that the total number of Home Resort Vacation Points existing within a given Unit (i.e., the amount of Home Resort VacationPoints representing one hundred percent (100%) of the Ownership Interests in a given Unit) at any time may not be increased or decreased because of any such reallocation. The twenty percent (20%) reallocation limitation shall not apply to increases or decreases in Home Resort Vacation Point reservation requirements relating to changes in special periods of high demand based upon Owner use patterns and changes in Owner use demand (including use demand during special or holiday seasons), as determined by DVCM in its discretion.

I'm no lawyer, but I read this to mean that DVCM can change the number of points needed for any given day between room types (not to exceed 20% year over year) but that the changes must be neutral to the unit point total. If that is the case, then DVCM could have been addressing the "bungalow problem" all along; and haven't.
No, I think basically the bungalows are separate Units.

Why exactly would that happen now rather than when the resort was first introduced? Or in more recent years when they could have raised studio costs to make the bungalows cheaper?

Could the Poly tower grand villas be an issue with bungalows?

Bungalows require more points than grand villas at VGF and BLT. CCV has cabins and grand villas and cabins require less points than grand villas. Could deluxe studios declared with PVB1 increase in points so bungalows can decrease in points and sit between 2 bedrooms and grand villas?

They have already tried it. The first version of the 2020 point charts among other things included a rebalance of points between studios and bungalows (and cabins and everything else).
Some members questioned the legality of those charts and DVC rolled them back.
I think there are now serious doubts that what they did with the other resorts (SSR, BLT, AKV) before that, reallocating points across units, to the point that they won't risk anything fishy again with that, in fear they might actually be sued.
Anyway, 5 more points charts have been published since that debacle, it doesn't seem they are very keep on reallocating points across units again.

From what I see in the PVB Component Site POS, this resort is a little different than other resorts in the way units are defined. For the Bungalows, each unit consists of 2 Vacation Homes. For the Longhouses each unit consists of either 4 or 6 Studio Villas all on the same floor, also each unit is located on the same side of the hallway other than some of the center units which may include the common areas. I agree with other posts above that reallocation/rebalancing of points can only be done within the defined units. Although points have stayed somewhat balanced since the 2020 changes in travel periods, they were still able to shift a couple thousand points each from Bungalows and LV Studios to the Standard Views.

Pure speculation, but I’m curious how the addition of lock-offs to Poly will impact the points. That would mean fewer points for sale due to the lock-off premium, correct? So, they would have less leeway in reallocating points (and fewer points to sell in general). It could also make availability tougher, right, especially for studios. Poly was somewhat insulated from that today because of the dedicated studios.

I also do foresee more availability issues in general (like VGF) because you know they’re going to sell a ton of 150 point contracts at Poly where that can’t even get you a week in a studio for most of the year.

Could the Poly tower grand villas be an issue with bungalows?

Bungalows require more points than grand villas at VGF and BLT. CCV has cabins and grand villas and cabins require less points than grand villas. Could deluxe studios declared with PVB1 increase in points so bungalows can decrease in points and sit between 2 bedrooms and grand villas?

I don’t think so because the cabins at CCV are more than the 3 bedrooms there.

We don’t even know how many GVs there will be.

The bungalows are pretty unique and why they priced them the way they did. I think they get booked one way or the other. But maybe they are more the one or two night splurges as part of split stays vs full trips.

That is what we will do when we go in a few years with my DS and his family.

The bungalows are pretty unique and why they priced them the way they did. I think they get booked one way or the other. But maybe they are more the one or two night splurges as part of split stays vs full trips.

Right, it actually benefits Disney if the bungalows aren't booked at 60 days out and they can rent them out for cash since breakage only goes back to owners up to a small cap.

Right, it actually benefits Disney if the bungalows aren't booked at 60 days out and they can rent them out for cash since breakage only goes back to owners up to a small cap.
This line of thinking has never rang true to me. There are more than 5000 DVC villas at WDW alone, including more than 120 Grand Villas, 60 treehouses, 26 Copper Creek cabins and 20 bungalows. Of all those rooms--and the tens of thousands of underlying owners--we're concluding there aren't 20 people at a time willing to pay points for a bungalow? Yet there's somehow an endless stream of cash guests willing to drop over $3000 per night for these rooms, on 60 days notice no less???

The Cabins are less than the GV in all seasons at CCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter