Orlando residents! What's UP with the weather??

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
Ugh! Last week it was in the 70s, this morning in the 40s?? Much of the same here in Georgia, which is usually about 10 degrees cooler than Florida. This morning was in the 20s!

How cold is it??? I have to pack NOW! :o

Now you all know WHY I have the temperature in Orlando in my signature!

Robin,
Yea...today is kind of chilly, I guess....I mean, I'm from Boston so to me, I'm laughing at the weather reporters referring to "old man winter" and such...to me...almost 60 during the day is not exactly what would cause me to "bundle up". That said, last night was definitely on the cold side(I closed my windows LOL), but the forecast is for the days to be closer to 70 in a couple of days and the nights at around 50 or so...with a high of 65 forecasted for NYE...so I would pack some pants and a sweatshirt and jacket. You won't need them much during the day maybe, but at night you'll probably want something to put on...

We'll have Spidey to keep us warm NYE! ;)

Karen

Oh Robin, I thought the temperature was for your hometown and was feeling very sorry for you. You know me, I think 65 is freezing. ;) Does it really get that cold in Orlando? What about in February?

BTW I don't mean to be argumentative, but chilly is 70, that is when I start to bundle up. :D

Sorry Robin! I hope it warms up for you! It's freaking cold down here. It was 43º this morning in Ft. Myers, the coldest since Feb.6th! And Ms. Disney I'm also from Boston but 43 is still cold to me! LOL It's still only in the 50's now mids afternoon. I'm also going to Orlando soon, I hope it's warmer.

I guess I can't complain. Last year the high for the days I was there was about 45! I was HOPING for a little more warmth this year.

I am, too, a Northerner and prefer the cold but thought I'd get a little warmer than this! The reason? We're renting a vacation home and it has it's own pool! The pool is heated but I need to get to it first! Brrrrrr!

And as for Ms. Molokai, who's LAUGHING at our temps because she's sitting in paradise....
<marquee>
tropical.gif
smash.gif
Take THAT you lucky woman, you!Bundle up in the 70s, huh??
</marquee>

There are a brave few who still ride Ripsaw and Popeye in freezing weather.

I call them idiots!

No, they're tourons!!!

Actually, I have a great outfit I'm dying to try out at IOA (no, it's not pink with a candy-cane on top!)

I have a pair of waterproof parachute type pants and a waterproof jacket, too hot for summer...so I'm thinkin' I'll wear it next time I'm there when it's chilly! Stylish, sleek, and dry!

I won't wear it on NYE, I figure...I may wear shoes with heels so I won't be vertically challenged, if only for a night! :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Karen

ACtually this weekend it will be getting a bit warmer...low 70s. So bring a ltitle of everything. Not what you want to hear when you are packing, right???!!!!

Aloha Robin,
Remember I am originally from the Detroit area, so I know snow and cold...as a distant memory. :D But I came to Hawaii when I was 18, fell in love, married and stayed in Hawaii. :bounce: Being here so long has thinned my blood (but unfortunately the same cannot be said for my body shape ;) ) and so now I am
delicate and cannot handle the cold. :rolleyes:
BTW temperature in centigrade looks even colder than fahrenheit. :p
Well, have to find my sun tan lotion, it is so hot and sunny today, I don't want to get sunburned before my trip. :jester:
Hauoli Makahiki Hou! :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

Donna

LOL, Donna!!

I'm just so JEALOUS
frogvw.gif
of where you live! I have to go on vacation to get great weather!

I guess I'll stop chasing you with the hammer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter