OT: Help - where to eat at Universal Studios?

ZipaDeeDooDah

<font color=red>What happens on the DIS boards, st
:dogdance:I would really appreciate any and all suggestions! Our boys are 10 and 7.

I usually eat at CityWalk. The Saddle Ranch is pretty good, BBQ, but on the expensive side. They also have a food court that includes Dodger Dogs, Subway, Tommy's burgers and others things that I am blanking on.

Thank you Michelle - I'll look into those, The Saddle Ranch sounds interesting. Does anybody else have any recommendations??? :charac4:

I would also recommend Saddle Ranch Chop House. It's got SUCH a fantastic atmosphere. After a long day in the park you can go there sit outside and take a nice rest and enjoy some great food - much of which you probably won't even end up eating because it's SO filling and the portions are SO huge.

There's live entertainment (guys with guitars who wonder around and serenade people - very embarrassing when they sang at our table but all good fun nonetheless) and they give the kids marshmellows to cook over the fire pits outside. It's such a great place to dine. I love it there. Can't wait to go back.

There's a couple of other places which are nice to eat at in CityWalk too... the names escape me though. Towards the entrance (so the opposite end to where Saddle Ranch is) there's some small little places on the second level. Get your food and sit up there and just enjoy and watch the goings on in CityWalk.

Inside the actual park though I think that the place on the left right as you go in (name also escapes me - something to do with Frankenstein though) is the best. It's the normal "theme park food" served up here buy who cares. There's a nice patio to sit on outside (a lot less busy than the eating areas at Doc Browns - NIGHTMARE!) and the service inside is always good - even though it is a takeaway.

And the pizza place on the left hand side before you go down to the lower lot is good too. ;)

Buca Di Beppo and Tony Roma's are very yummy!! I am not sure when it is going to open but, Bubba Gump's is pretty yummy too.

Cool! I didn't notice anything on the Universal website about Bubba Gump's - we'll have to watch for it when we're there!
5.gif

We ate Sunday at Saddle Ranch and loved it. We had a late lunch, got there around 2:30 and were seated by 3. The lunch menu ends at 3 but they assured us we could still order from it because we checked in before then. The portions are huge and could definitely be shared by 2 light eaters or even medium eaters! I had the grilled veggie and cheese sandwich which was fantastic and sweet potato casserole. There was enough sweet potatoes to feed4 people, I'm not kidding. It was $6.99.

DH got the Chicken Fried Steak, big portions with a huge baked potato. I thought the prices were very reasonable, especially for lunch although nobody got a steak.

We had a slight service problem, waitress punched in the wrong sandwich for me but the manager comped a dessert that 4 of us ate and still had left over. It was one of the best meals of our trip and we couldn't eat dinner that night. It's located right in front of USH so the walk is a cinch.

Thanks for the info, we're leaning towards eating at the Saddle Ranch - I think the kids will really enjoy it! :)

spazzyjazzy said:
. . . I am not sure when it is going to open but, Bubba Gump's is pretty yummy too.

I was at USH last Friday. Bubba Gump's is still under construction. There is a plywood barricade around the site with the Bubba Gump logo. It might have even had the opening date, but if it did, it is no time soon.

Woody

I posted this on another thread regarding the Saddle Ranch Chop House. I really don't want to be a big whine-bag and know this won't happen to everyone but our experience should be known as well others who had a good experience.

We ate at the Saddle Ranch Chop House on a Thursday night. The food was really good. I'm not one to typically complain and understand isolated incidents however we and several tables around us were having problems with the service being slow among different servers. I understand things happen but the restaurant was not busy at all. But, to top it off, my son's coke refill (they bring a new glass for each refill) had a disgusting foreign object in it and the manager refused to think anyone in his restaurant did it. Between that and his lack of concern, a really tasty meal was ruined.......one we'll never have again.

That's unfortunate that your dining experience wasn't what you expected or deserved. Thanks for the heads up - I agree, it's helpful to hear the good as well as the bad. :thumbsup2

We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in June. It was very busy and they told us our group of 7 would be "at least and hour" wait, it wasn't they seated us in about 25 minutes. We were right by the kitchen door though, and the food was not good. Not horrible, but pretty bland. Also it is VERY loud in there so socializing is difficult.

Couple more in Citywalk that I have not seen mentioned.
Panda Express= decent fast food chinese.
And I think they also have a Rubios.

Anewman said:
Couple more in Citywalk that I have not seen mentioned.
Panda Express= decent fast food chinese. . .

There's also a Panda Express inside USH next to "Lucy, a tribute." (I have not eaten there.)

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter