Ouch. Airfare from PVD to MCO

happily single

Left foot first!
Hey Dis Members.
I just need to whine for a moment. I booked a two-day solo get-away for August and scored what I think is a great deal at the Yacht Club.
We've flown to MCO over 20 times over the past 10 years or so and always pay about $200-250 roundrtip. I still remember the days when Southwest had "Dings" with great deals!

Anywho, I'm pricing out my flights for 8-14 to 8/16 and the best I can find is Southwest for $658 for one person! I do see some flights on Frontier, and I've flown them once without issue, but I need a more reliable carrier.

Any tips for getting better airfare? I live 5 minutes from PVD, but am willing to travel a few hours (Ct, Boston or maybe even NH) to save $$$

PVD has terrible airfare. We looked into flying there to see my MIL and PVD was crazy expensive.

You can check Google Flights for pricing out of multiple airports. Or maybe come in a day earlier or stay a day later.

Try JetBlue out of PVD or BOS unless you are using SW points. We’ve always had good luck with Southwest, but they have been cancelling flights left and right and the cheaper flights are hard to come by unless you book right when they release them.

Try JetBlue out of PVD or BOS unless you are using SW points. We’ve always had good luck with Southwest, but they have been cancelling flights left and right and the cheaper flights are hard to come by unless you book right when they release them.
I'm open to any airline. I also just opened a CitiBank/American Airlines card so I get one free bag on American. So Far Southwest is the "cheapest"

PVD has terrible airfare. We looked into flying there to see my MIL and PVD was crazy expensive.

You can check Google Flights for pricing out of multiple airports. Or maybe come in a day earlier or stay a day later.
Thanks. I've never heard of Google Flights. I've tried Kayak, but it is giving me crazy flights with Frontier.

I'm open to any airline. I also just opened a CitiBank/American Airlines card so I get one free bag on American. So Far Southwest is the "cheapest"
Yes, we’ve driven the almost 2 hours to Providence in the past for cheap Southwest flights, but it seems like they have eliminated a lot of flights especially non-stop and jacked up the prices this summer.

...but it seems like they have eliminated a lot of flights especially non-stop and jacked up the prices this summer.
I think that's going to be the story for the rest of the summer, maybe for longer. Airlines are being hit with tremendous demand, but they have having problems bringing crews back quick enough to meet the demand.

And it's not just crew members. It's also support employees across the entire airline -- airport staff, baggage handlers, reservations people, mechanics, cleaning people, catering folks, etc.

It's a lot bigger problem than we realize and it will take some time to get back to normal.

I'm flying out of PVD Aug 31, on SW, home on the 5th on JB. I booked a long time ago, when the flights were still reasonable. But...my flights in early Dec??? Flight home was downright cancelled, flight down was moved from the morning to late afternoon!!! Ah, no. In Dec, JB has one flight out of PVD!!! Worc has more...granted, they all connect at JFK, which is crappy.
So, I had to change my flights to Boston. I like having my car with me, just in case there are changes returning home. But I refuse to pay the ridiculous parking costs at Logan, so that means Logan Express. Just have to hope my flight home doesn't get delayed to later than 12:30am, the last bus is at 1:15!!!
But, it seems that all airfare is ridiculously high. I hope it goes down a bit at some point.

In addition to my MCO flights I have a trip planned to Salt Lake in October. American just emailed me a day ago changing the schedule for both flights. I haven't compared the prior flights with the new flights, but I'm happy with the new flights and suspect their wasn't much a change. Here's hoping that no other changes are made

In addition to my MCO flights I have a trip planned to Salt Lake in October. American just emailed me a day ago changing the schedule for both flights. I haven't compared the prior flights with the new flights, but I'm happy with the new flights and suspect their wasn't much a change. Here's hoping that no other changes are made

I find it is always hit or miss flying out of PVD to MCO. Jetblue is the one I prefer if making that flight. They usually always have a nonstop flight. Delta will have cheaper flights compared to Jetblue, but they are usually not nonstop when flying out of PVD. Not sure what your preferences are but I dont like connecting flights. But I will agree with you. The airfare has gone up a lot. So my past couple of trips that I have done, I have done out of Boston. I was amazed with the difference in price. And not only the difference in price but also the more flight options you have, way more nonstop flights even from Delta. I live in RI so the drive to Logan Airport is not bad at all. And I use a parking service at a hotel that is dirt cheap, comes to about 7 dollars parking a day. They have airport shuttles to the airport every 30 minutes and they are not even a mile away, so you will never be late for your flight. I have an upcoming solo Disney trip for the Boo Bash Sept 11th to the 14th. Flight out is in the morning with Delta for $119 and flight back is later in the afternoon for $69 also with Delta. Jetblue also has flights around the same schedule that are about $20 more each way, but I decided to just save the $40. So If PVD has horrible prices than definitely give Boston a shot.

Can you leave Friday night instead? The other issue I’m seeing is all the early flights on Saturday are booked up. Leaving Fri on JetBlue instead of Sat saves $100 too, plus you’ll have more wiggle room with weather delays, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter