Our Dining Reviews 4-6-04 to 4-13-04 Lunch

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Lunch

4-6-04 DH and I had a PS at Kona Cafe. The 3 ds went to Captain Cooks. They enjoyed all their food. They got the usual burgers, fries, pizza and chicken. Now onto the finer dining - our seat was right by the entrance, not exactly what I had in mind in the way of relaxing or romantic. DH was out in the sun until he moved the table in. We asked for the mango ice tea, They said they didnt have it anymore:( , we ordered the crab cake appetizer to share. There were 3 crabcakes. DH had the mahi mahi sandwich. I had the barbeque pork sandwich. The crabcakes and sandwiches were good but the fries were luke warm and soggy, For dessert we shared an apple brown betty. I took one bite and burned my mouth it was so hot. It was an acceptable meal, but I think next time we will definetely try somewhere else.

4-8-04 Lunch at Crystal Palace. Pretty much the same food as the dinner except for the absence of the peel and eat shrimp. Everyone was happy with what they ate. The characters were cute as ever. The CM got a little mad since after we checked in ds ran to get an autograph and our pager went off and we werent all together any more. I begged forgiveness. Our server was very attentive to drink refills. The place was packed and outside the lines to get in were huge.

4-09-04 Lunch at the Rainforest in AK. DS 12 chose this as his favorite. I am glad we made the ps. Without a ps the wait was 1 hour plus. DS 12 got his usual icee drink in the souvenir huge container. Our server was Brendan and he was very friendly. He spilled a huge coke on DS 14 and we got his meal comped. Brendan offered to get ds a tee shirt if he needed one too. He chose steak and shrimp. Way to go smart son, $20 plus meal for free. He wanted that anyway. I chose coconut shrimp, very good. DH had the shrimp pizza, DS 16 had the pepperoni pizza and DS 12 had chicken I think. For dessert we shared the key lime pie and bannana cheesecake, very good and the 2 ds got ice cream I think. $90 plus

The other fast food was at:
Typhoon Lagoon - Typhoon Tillys was closed so we just got turkey legs and hot dogs from where we were sitting. Also some funnel cake. The hot dog made me sick.

Blizzard Beach - Lottawatta Lodge - The usual fast food fare. DS 14 had a great chicken sandwich he said.

Sunset Ranch Market at MGM - The pizza was terrible. DS liked the turkey leg.

Our yummy snacks were candy and carmel apples and chocolate strawberrys and slushie drinks from Beverly Sunset in MGM and
great candy like toffee, malted milk balls, giant peanut butter cup, and pecan roll from candy store at MK.

Lunch
I ordered a buffalo chicken salad and was very disappointed. Everyone in our party said their food was good. We had no PS, and we got in, but the wait for the grub was about an hour. When we got out at 1:00 the line getting in to the place was much longer.

Glad you had a good experience and thanks for the review

Originally posted by luvmarypoppins
[4-09-04 Lunch at the Rainforest in AK. DH had the shrimp pizza,

Hi luvmarypoppins !!

You do not know how happy I am that you mentioned your DH had the shrimp pizza at RFC !!!
That is my youngest son's favorite, but when I printed the menus for RainForest from Deb's site, it is not listed.He was so sad.
I can now tell him that he CAN have his shrimp pizza !!!

Matter of fact, I just called him in here to tell him and he started jumping up and down :bounce:

You made a little boy in GA very happy tonight!!

~Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter