Our Disneyland & GCV TR:or walking in circles for 8 days with AussieKaren.

Karen's TR Poll

• Is this poll just awesome or really awesome

• More awesome is needed

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
so we are finally at the ride everyone is talking about.....the theming is amazing, the queue is interesting and I was quite amazing at the amount of people who were willing to wait 105 minutes for the ride.......

so here are a few shots of the exterior of radiator springs....

Vm1uwLQl.jpg

yes I'm not slow...

HjEaODxl.jpg

CDak11Ml.jpg

RclMMDkl.jpg

IY92sRKl.jpg

the start of the line......thank god for fast pass..and remember they have singles line as well

kLXRAO3l.jpg

9a3OtzOl.jpg

LL5NIr9l.jpg

kHa4JFNl.jpg

IirVIEEl.jpg

bPBZ9Pjl.jpg

6FW9xeol.jpg

ieTFiJCl.jpg

and yes the line goes on and on and on....

uRumK1yl.jpg

and just when you think it will never end..............

oSjV0IPl.jpg

we're there...oh exciting times.......

So most mornings i let DH sleep in a bit while I would toddle off to the park with EMH......so here are some shots of things I thought were interesting....

5r2WpF7l.jpg

of course you HAVE to take this pic...

fV0dfSel.jpg

IyjMPjMl.jpg

MMdEjtdl.jpg

43nOkPhl.jpg

VyjwK17l.jpg

S5xyjQWl.jpg

sImtLIPl.jpg

MpyoN7ml.jpg

Now who of you think the Matterhorn is a great ride..... I went on it to test the "DH" factor before getting him to ride it.....OMG people, I have never ever felt like I had wasted 4 mins of my life like I did on this waste of time....so slow, so boring, so much potential squandered, so blaahhhhhhhh....so now its now to be known as "The Matterhorn of disappointment".......

0DcJyKel.jpg

5glsGLGl.jpg

Mi4i9Msl.jpg

Now we didn't even bother lining up for nemo, as they look really small, and after the wheel of doom/death experience I tended to listen to the DH re fear factor issue ie claustrophobic stuff...

I shouldn't keep comparing DL to WDW, but I will.....I actually like tomorrowland in WDW more than in DL...I miss the people mover, the carousel of progress, the awesome space mountain, more room to move, sonny ray and his awesome kiddy burgers....

just my 2 cents......pirate:

Thank god i am not the only one who hates the Wheel of Doom. Went on it once years ago. We were seated on it with 2 young girls. Once its started sliding and swinging our carriage was full of young girls screaming.

Sad thing was I was the one screaming with the 2 girls pointing and laughing at me. I am thankful my own 2 DD have never wanted to go on it. My persona as "brave dad" remains intact :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1.

Thanks for the tip on the winery Karen will have to keep that in mind when we go at the end of the year. Can I ask what time was your reservation? How did that go with the show.

Thank god i am not the only one who hates the Wheel of Doom. Went on it once years ago. We were seated on it with 2 young girls. Once its started sliding and swinging our carriage was full of young girls screaming.

Sad thing was I was the one screaming with the 2 girls pointing and laughing at me. I am thankful my own 2 DD have never wanted to go on it. My persona as "brave dad" remains intact :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1.

Thanks for the tip on the winery Karen will have to keep that in mind when we go at the end of the year. Can I ask what time was your reservation? How did that go with the show.

hey...we asked for 7pm for the 9 pm show...we got 7.10pm..which was plenty of time, just dont let them put you in the little dinky dining room, make them seat you outside......

and yes...the wheel of death sucks!:upsidedow

Yes, I know some of you love love love DL castle, others say "where is it..I cant see it...Did they move it for the fantasyland extension??".....yes many of us who love the WDW castle are a tad shocked and startled by the tinsy winsyness of the DL castle.....the DH spent most of the 8 days there commenting "tiny isn't it" ..I came to find it.....quaint....as I do tea cup schnauzers, borg nanoprobes and my bank balance...all quite small but perfectly formed and functional....

Us45jiEl.jpg

LXz3Liol.jpg

nPBJnFtl.jpg

xLi2wo2l.jpg

XuNwCxFl.jpg

zxPvKFTl.jpg

FgNgyx5l.jpg

such a pretty little castle.......

Thanks for the great pics and fantastic TR, it's just like being there again. We're planning another trip to the US late next year and I'm contemplating going to WDW instead of our usual DL, but the thing is I really, really, really Love DL and don't want to be disappointed with WDW. It's great to read your comparisons.

Keep it coming:thumbsup2

Liz

so the great thing about having oodles of time, no-one to pull you in other directions is that you can just meander along and stumble across these little gems....

Mary Poppins.....what a great little show....and i normally cant stand musicals but Mary Poppins is one of my fav disney movies (go figure)....so i was delighted to see this...

SrsWL75l.jpg

5Zs9K1gl.jpg

QWwK8aDl.jpg

cvSRNdMl.jpg

RXGdI4el.jpg

SjgYCLkl.jpg

RvDFhXsl.jpg

di2FCXdl.jpg

enjoy...I did..and being so early in the day, the crowd was non-existant and i got some great shots...

so splash was down for refurb...as was IASW and BTMR.....so I took the opportunity to jump the rope and take my time in the queue that normally we race past to get to the ride.....the themeing once again is outstanding.....

ZIevSZGl.jpg

wierd seeing it so dry....and quiet

3qK6JXEl.jpg

yq7DUXYl.jpg

bjN7FqVl.jpg

lqIbbosl.jpg

Uv3KxGal.jpg

squirrel.........

3k3E6jll.jpg

qUca2kel.jpg

Gosh how I would love the chance to be able to wander around the parks by myself like you did, having the time to appreciate all the special details and under no pressure to be grabbing fast passes or racing between rides.......:rolleyes:

Travel Mum said:
Gosh how I would love the chance to be able to wander around the parks by myself like you did, having the time to appreciate all the special details and under no pressure to be grabbing fast passes or racing between rides.......:rolleyes:

It's awesome to do even if just for an hour... Plonk the kids by the pool and then go explore... So many little details you'd normally miss....

Travel Mum said:

Yep. Me too :)

Karen you seem to have seen so much more than just the rides. How does 9 days stack up at DL? Too much, too little?

australiankaren said:
so, taking a big breath I am now ready after much counselling and medication to talk about that subject we don't talk about..the proverbial elephant in the room, the thing that is just whispered about in dark rooms and back alleys....MICKEYS WHEEL OF DOOM!!!

OMG Mouse, what the hell were you thinking ...you sadistic crazy rodent you! It looks so tame, so kiddy, so FUN!!! You have to be bl^^dy kidding me...I have NEVER EVER EVER been as terrified as I was on this "ride"....and I have children, and grandchildren so I know Terror!

so we toddle up, like lambs to the slaughter, I HATE Ferris wheels, but its Disney, what can go wrong...DH says "lets just do the stationary carriage" I go "come on, lets do the moving one, how bad can it be".......OH SWEET JESUS!!!!!
Dang you Mickey and your aura of calm and safety......we could DIE on this thing....

here is the DH ( and this is a tame photo)......after the first swinging begins...

this is now him when he thinks it is all over......silly silly man

so lets just say as my loud aussie voice rings thru the park "let me off..NOW!!!"...we only did one rotation...and I had to go and ride screaming twice to get my mo-jo back........

Me so so happy to be on dry land ..we should have twiged when we saw the sick bags in the carriage.....idiots!

the WHEEL OF DOOM AND DEATH

after riding screaming twice...nearly back to my usual self...nearly!

so to sum up...I HATE YOU MOUSE AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR.....ok, maybe thats a bit harsh, but really???? really????? that ride???? really?????

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Tears are running down my cheeks. Oh the laughter.

Always choose not to swing or volunteer to get a fast pass

I love your TRs Karen - they always make me laugh. Although the Wheel of Doom is no laughing matter. Seriously, the ONLY ride EVER that I have been scared on. Never again.

So, RSRs... we're going to have one small fry who can't ride and we'll have to do the childswap thing, but will probably do it with Fastpasses (over an hour in line with a 6 and 4 year old? No thanks!). Is the FP distribution going to stay in Bug's Land? And you recommend the main entrance over the GC entrance don't you?

Do you reckon the WOC dining package is worth it with littlies? None of us have seen WOC.

Your report is getting me even more excited about our trip! :cool1:

I love your TRs Karen - they always make me laugh. Although the Wheel of Doom is no laughing matter. Seriously, the ONLY ride EVER that I have been scared on. Never again.

So, RSRs... we're going to have one small fry who can't ride and we'll have to do the childswap thing, but will probably do it with Fastpasses (over an hour in line with a 6 and 4 year old? No thanks!). Is the FP distribution going to stay in Bug's Land? And you recommend the main entrance over the GC entrance don't you?

Do you reckon the WOC dining package is worth it with littlies? None of us have seen WOC.

Your report is getting me even more excited about our trip! :cool1:

mate:
re: woc dining, it up to you weather its worth the $$$$...not a cheap option, but so worth it especially on crowded nights which are most weekends.....food service is very slow, so maybe factor that in with your time....

radiator springs have singles lines which may be another option....and yep RS fast pass line is at bugs life entrance opposite winery.....

we loved DL and the 8 days weren't long enough to see it all.....

so stumbled across this little gem.....such a tinsy ride but perfectly formed...

LdFEoEel.jpg

XN5L38al.jpg

1ah7RMTl.jpg

vUkIAeOl.jpg

EhEy5lql.jpg

and the best thing was that the shop had this.....
5f8qJkol.jpg

filled with caramel, marshmallows and chocolate.....

78TfSbbl.jpg

so we always try to get to T-rex in DTD orlando, so thought we'd give the sister store a try.....it was cold, it was late and all we wanted was booze and grease....so here tis' the booze and grease

AL6QqzIl.jpg

ryipzJSl.jpg

Leaving DH tucked up nice and warm in his bed, I venture out and about to explore Hollywood land for the first time........EMH .....no one for coo-ee.....so nice they opened the park just for me..

GNNjoiQl.jpg

NP19JYnl.jpg

PsaDj1Jl.jpg

Tw256JAl.jpg

rupirjgl.jpg

3l0F1C4l.jpg

WwNYlrTl.jpg

o73QpGol.jpg

1BxXUKCl.jpg

Hc9NyDdl.jpg

TC0bsTil.jpg

With there being no crowds, i could take my time and just linger over the finer details.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter