Our experience - testing requirements/air travel to U.S.

Did you ask West Jet? To me it makes sense that you’d have to show results on last leg into US. Although the testing place in YVR is outside security. You’d have to have enough time to go back thru security, do you have to go thru US customs at YVR?

On our return to Canada in Alaska Airlines they didn’t check our test until the Seattle-Vancouver flight. Not the MCO to Seattle leg. 🤷‍♀️
We do customs at YVR yep. Coming home may be different if you have a connecting flight in the US but since I’ve heard first hand from someone who’s done exactly what I’m doing with our connectors in Canada I don’t want to risk it!!

I've tried looking into the Walgreens website to register for a test. What did you guys put in when they ask for a state id?
I can’t remember what options they gave on form, I either put in no, or just skipped it.
Also use hotel address.
No to Insurance.
When we got their we just showed our Canada ID. They do require ID.
I think they also asked for vaccinations. And dates for 1st & 2nd dose. And name. I had a mix of Moderna and Pfizer so I just put Moderna. They don’t ask for proof.

So I called the 1-866 number on the beepermd website to get more information for our trip to DL in November and the girl said no problems for Canadians but hard to get appts in Florida, I said I need it for California and she said we only do Florida?? I said I am on your website now, looking at booking form, says any state, and that you are nationwide, she said sorry I don't know anything about that, w t f

Incase anyone in BC is looking for options for pre travel testing, the BCCDC website has a list of clinics that do testing for travel. I found a place close to me that does Rapid Antigen testing for $80, results within 45 mins. Here's the link to the BCCDC website list:

Definitely looking for options! Especially for $80. Where are you? Might be worth us travelling to mainland (we're on Vancouver Island) day before our flights and spending night in a hotel because there are four of us and, here on the Island, it's close to $200 apiece for the Rapid Antigen. Are you in Vancouver?

Definitely looking for options! Especially for $80. Where are you? Might be worth us travelling to mainland (we're on Vancouver Island) day before our flights and spending night in a hotel because there are four of us and, here on the Island, it's close to $200 apiece for the Rapid Antigen. Are you in Vancouver?
I'm in the lower mainland. The place I found is in Coquitlam. It's called Intergrated Wellness Clinic

I'm in the lower mainland. The place I found is in Coquitlam. It's called Intergrated Wellness Clinic
Is that the one on Lougheed and near Shaunnesy? They did the free govt Covid testing for awhile. We went there when our daughter was exposed.

Just looked. It is same place, in PoCo. Thanks for the info. About 20 min from me, and cheaper than airport. I’ll use them for Oct trip! Have you used them? Says results in 45 min.

Last edited:
Is that the one on Lougheed and near Shaunnesy? They did the free govt Covid testing for awhile. We went there when our daughter was exposed.

Just looked. It is same place, in PoCo. Thanks for the info. About 20 min from me, and cheaper than airport. I’ll use them for Oct trip! Have you used them? Says results in 45 min.
I haven't used them yet. I booked with them for our upcoming trip in September :)

I was wondering the same, I have them booked for Sept 22nd. In my one Facebook group they were recommended as someone they seen had used it successfully.
Yeah I saw the same. I have ours booked for September 7th. I booked it for first thing in the morning and then I will book Walgreens for the afternoon in case Beepermed doesn't show up.

We just used Walgreens too for our tests to come back home. There are 4 of us in the family so our appointments were spread out over an hour but when we drove up for the first appointment they accommodated us all at the same time. They didn’t ask a single question about insurance and didn’t even ask for ID!!! We got our tests done at 330 and it’s not even 630 and we have 3 out of 4 results back already!

We just used Walgreens too for our tests to come back home. There are 4 of us in the family so our appointments were spread out over an hour but when we drove up for the first appointment they accommodated us all at the same time. They didn’t ask a single question about insurance and didn’t even ask for ID!!! We got our tests done at 330 and it’s not even 630 and we have 3 out of 4 results back already!
I guess it depends on location. We were asked for ID. Best to come with it just incase. We had our results in 40 Min!

Yeah I saw the same. I have ours booked for September 7th. I booked it for first thing in the morning and then I will book Walgreens for the afternoon in case Beepermed doesn't show up.

Im going to book with Walgreens as well just to be on the safe side. I just find them to be easier since they come directly to you and we won’t have to find a way to get to Walgreens since we won’t have a car. We have to do ours in the afternoon since our flight is at 2:20pm and my DH wants to do it as close to the 72 hr mark as possible just in case it takes a day or 2 to get the results.

Hello all! New on the boards but do plan on exploring the boards later as I'm still a newbie when it comes to all things Disney parks.

Have any of you tried Alliance Health for testing? Because our 7 nights cruise was turned into a 4 nights cruise, I'm getting back to Orlando on a Wednesday morning and will not have access to internet until I'm back on dry land and I'm worried there won't be appointments available at Walgreens for the Friday afternoon. Original plan was testing at the airport but boy did reviews on that made me cancel that plan.

Alliance Health has a location conveniently behind Universal where I'll be on that day and would like to not have to cut shorts my Magic Kingdom and Epcot days during the weekend for testing. But I'm worried on if it's a legit company or not?

This trip has been a rollercoaster in planning(it was originally going to be in April 2021) and I'm trying to lower my stress level over it. I'm even going out of my way to get a pre-travel test at Shoppers in Ottawa instead of a clinic 5 minutes away from me because I'm not familiar with it and i don't want to worry.

While trying to see what's available post-cruises, I just did a chat with a rep at the Fort Lauderdale airport on their testing:

For Rapid RT-PCR test, the result will be available within 30 minutes.
For PCR test, the projected result will be available in 24-48 hours - maximum of72 hours.
For Rapid Antigen test, the expected result will be available within 1 hour.
We offer Rapid RT-PCR for $179, PCR test for $99 and Rapid Antigen test for$69 without state tax.

They show bookings out as far as Sept. 19 right now, so for planning purposes that is a good thing.

While $179US for the RT-PCR is quite high, if you factor in extra nights as a hotel and food while waiting for the PCR test results, it's a better deal.

When I asked him if the RT-PCR test was the same one as at Walgreens (NAAT), he said they don't do the NAAT tests. He did confirm the RT-PCR was molecular, so that would work for entry into Canada.

Has anyone used the CVM medical testing clinic inside Vancouver Airport? We are flying Vancouver-Toronto-Orlando next week and I’m wondering if we can access it since I think we will be in the domestic terminal? Also if we can how early we should book our appointments for.

Has anyone used the CVM medical testing clinic inside Vancouver Airport? We are flying Vancouver-Toronto-Orlando next week and I’m wondering if we can access it since I think we will be in the domestic terminal? Also if we can how early we should book our appointments for.
@Sue M used it earlier this month with great success. And yes you can still access it eventhough you are flying domestically, as the domestic and international terminal are joined. It's at the FAR end, right by the Fairmont Airport I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter