Our First time at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was AWESOME!

ExCMbeau

Find us on Youtube @ NolaDad08
Our family loves Harry Potter and it was a big part of why we decided to do Universal after our cruise. I am glad we did. Universal and especially the Wizarding World of Harry Potter did not disappoint at all! We had so much fun. Please enjoy our family video of our first experience with Diagon Alley and the kids first time at Hogwart's. The Ollivander's experience was REALLY REALLY cool. It was one of my favorite moments seeing the kids have a wand choose them. :) OH.. and CAULDRON CAKES!!! I must admit that I was REALLY impressed with what Universal as a whole had to offer our family.

That is awesome!
Our first time in June, fell in love with it! Nothing better than a frozen butter beer :)
My son was chosen at Ollivanders making our first time so special. I love that show.

Great videos, thanks for sharing! Please say you rode Hogwarts Express back the other way, too...

I love seeing these posts! We also love Harry Potter - we have made such great memories at Univ and IOA. So happy to hear you enjoyed your time there!

That is awesome!
Our first time in June, fell in love with it! Nothing better than a frozen butter beer :)
My son was chosen at Ollivanders making our first time so special. I love that show.
Those videos were actually made in June! I would have loved for one of my girls to be chosen at Ollivanders, but we still had a blast!

Awesome.

Nothing can put a price on the amazement kids have when they first step into the Wizarding World. My kids had the same reaction and it's priceless. :D

Awesome.

Nothing can put a price on the amazement kids have when they first step into the Wizarding World. My kids had the same reaction and it's priceless. :D
Totally agree! I am so happy we made the decision to do Universal after our Disney Cruise!

Did she eat the whole chocolate frog in one sitting????? :Pinkbounc

My neighbor brought one home for me.. it was bigger than a normal candy bar. There's no way I could have eaten a whole frog in one sitting... but maybe that's just me...

Did she eat the whole chocolate frog in one sitting????? :Pinkbounc
No way she could eat that whole thing. It was solid chocolate the size of an adult fist. She at about 1/4 of it and then we brought it back to the room. We all snacked on it and had some for breakfast. :)

Too funny- I was actually watching your volcano bay runamukka video today. You actually have solid commentary and aren't annoying like many who make videos. Not that the people themselves are annoying, of course, most just say "uh, uh" a lot. Hah. Yours was really good- you're a natural.
Best runamukka video yet for sure.

Also- when you do rider swap, you can bypass the lockers altogether since you can leave it all in the swap room.

I watched your diagon video for a few mins too and when you went in through the secondary Entry/exit I was like "noooooo!" And was hoping you'd still enjoy the dragon/Gringotts reveal from the other angle- glad the dragon abliged with some fire for it :D

Last edited:
No way she could eat that whole thing. It was solid chocolate the size of an adult fist. She at about 1/4 of it and then we brought it back to the room. We all snacked on it and had some for breakfast. :)

That's what I remember.. but I guess, for @macraven, an adult fist sized piece of chocolate isn't that large ;)

Too funny- I was actually watching your volcano bay runamukka video today. You actually have solid commentary and aren't annoying like many who make videos. Not that the people themselves are annoying, of course, most just say "uh, uh" a lot. Hah. Yours was really good- you're a natural.
Best runamukka video yet for sure.

Also- when you do rider swap, you can bypass the lockers altogether since you can leave it all in the swap room.

I watched your diagon video for a few mins too and when you went in through the secondary Entry/exit I was like "noooooo!" And was hoping you'd still enjoy the dragon/Gringotts reveal from the other angle- glad the dragon abliged with some fire for it :D

Thank you so much!!! We started our family Youtube channel in April and it has been a learning experience. It is a lot harder than it looks to talk to people who aren't there! :)

Volcano Bay and our Embarkation Day Disney cruise are probably my top two. runamukka was a ton of fun in the kids area. I wanted to go down the slides, but they have a max height limit! :)

Good tip on the rider swap!

The Dragon reveal was AWESOME! We did get to see it from the primary entrance when we went back.

A quick note on the chocolate frogs. There are TWO options. One is the giant one in the box that is in our video and the other is in a small purple foil bag. The one in the bag is about the size of an adults thumb. I didn't know about the ones in the bags until a friend showed me some they picked up to bring back to their kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter