Our journey - DH has Pancreatic Cancer

I just found this thread. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless all of you during this difficult time.

Amy,

My condolnces to you and your family on your loss. I hope God gives you the strength to go forward from here. From all I've read you and Mike were truly blessed in the relationship you had and may the memries bring you peace and comfort.

So, so sorry to see the news. My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you and your beautiful children Amy. We are here for you.

Thank you everyone! The last few weeks have been hard and I have been so busy making calls and appts. I never knew there were so many things that needed to be taken care of when someone passes away.

I have had my moments where it just seems like Mike is away on a trip. Then I have my moments where I need to sleep with something of his to feel close to him. The people in the caregiver's support group have been wonderful (Hi Marsha!) and let me have my moment to vent and I am still there to encourage them on the way.

I have not decided yet what I am going to do about work. I closed the daycare "for an unknown period of time" back in May when Mike was in the hospital the last time. I know I will take the summer off and re-evaluate everthing come this fall. I know the kids and I will be able to keep Mike's health insurance thru his employer for 5 yrs for a VERY small premium. They have been wonderful to us and helped us in so many ways.

Erin and I have been looking at all of our Disney pictures to remember our most happiest times. Mike and I had planned on taking her this fall for MNSSHP and I think she and I might still make the trip. I know Austin is at that age when going to Disney is not "cool" but he may still want to go.

Just take time for yourself. Don't be in a hurry to make any decisions. Disney is a great place to go when you have suffered a loss. It takes your mind off your situation for awhile.

I'll be there 9/23 - 9/29 - if you're there at that time and would like to meet another caregiver for a hug and some company, just let me know. :hug:

I hope you and your children are doing all right, I understand what you mean about it seeming like Mike's just away - Jim traveled for work off and on, for weeks at a time, and it still feels like that's why he's not here sometimes.

Amy, it's been awhile, but every time I come to the Coping and Compassion area of the DisBoards, I think of you and say a prayer for you...
I hope you are getting by each day knowing that you are still in other's thoughts and prayers! :hug:

I took a small break from the DIS and I have missed you all. The kids and I are doing really well. While we miss Mike, each day does get a little easier. I have come to realize that my grieving started the day we got his diagnosis and my grief turned to relief in a sense when he passed. Not that it makes life any easier of course.

Erin and I were not able to plan our trip to the World like we wanted. Just too many things have come up so we will be planning a trip for next year. But we get out the photos all of the time and talk about the fun things we did and saw and what things daddy liked the best. I just love her matter of fact comments about Mike, as does everyone that knows us.

I just wanted to let you know we were all doing ok and I have thought about you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter