Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey, I remembered I have a planning journal! I have not been doing much in the planning department lately. I met with two florists, and I think I have chose one.

But our save the dates did go out last week, and for that I am super excited. Yesterday was exactly six months from the wedding day, today is six months minus one day, suddenly this is all feeling more real, and I'm ready to get excited, or at least I will be in January.

That's when we plan to go in for our planning session, and where I am expecting to be fed cake.

Here's the save the dates sent out by Disney, nothing fancy, but it does the trick

SaveTheDate_web.jpg

I be here, I be here! I have been so busy at work these last few weeks, and now I am getting a chance to slow down, and this wedding is less than five months away now, amd it's time to get on the ball :banana: :banana:

So I'll let you all know when things start to happen! I found this picture of a get-up I wouldn't mind wearing on one of the wedding threads, cheesy?

1787JF_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548088.jpg

I be here, I be here! I have been so busy at work these last few weeks, and now I am getting a chance to slow down, and this wedding is less than five months away now, amd it's time to get on the ball :banana: :banana:

So I'll let you all know when things start to happen! I found this picture of a get-up I wouldn't mind wearing on one of the wedding threads, cheesy?

1787JF_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548088.jpg

Full morning coat!
Nice :thumbsup2

And your thong too right?

Why don't you pm me some pictures of some of your options and I can make a more informed decision.

Hi I just found your planning journal and read it all. I LOVE the idea of a Mad Tea Party wedding! The cake is phenomenal (I know I'm late on this, but I voted blue!). I've never read about a Disneyland wedding so I can't wait to read all about yours!
The outfit you picked out is great too - but will one of you be wearing The Hat?
Deluxe_Velvet_Alice_Mad_hat.jpg

Well we had our planning session with Disney on Friday last week and everything went really well. It was nothing too exciting, we pretty much sat around and talked about wedding plans.

We are considering changing to a plated meal because frankly, it's cheaper, and at this point we are looking to cut costs where we can, because I don't know if anyone noticed, but the economy kind of sucks. It's not a real great time to be in business for yourself, which half of our happy couple is. We're also going to bring in our wine and pay the corkage fee, which will save us a bit of money as well.

We have scheduled a food tasting for March 3rd to taste our plated menu choice, and if we don't like it, we'll just go back to our original buffet plan. Also we will get to try some cake choices at this time. I think I'm going to love lemon pound cake with cream cheese filling and fresh raspberries.

In addition we met with our soon to be confirmed florist at Disneyland because he wanted to check out the space. It looks like we are going to two types of centerpieces, one of which will be a variation of this, only using bright lanterns of differing shapes and sizes:

chineselanterns.jpg

And a second which will be low and will be in a box he will build himself to mirror the shape and colors of our cake:

RossmoorVersion_blue_web.jpg

(I know some of these pictures are repeats, but I find it so annoying to have to go back through people's journals sometimes to find a picture)

Also, rather than hang lanterns all over the room, we are going to do a bunch of them in the center, that along with the tall centerpieces around the room should make for a visually interesting presentation.

BlueLanterns.jpg

Also, we've received the dresses for the women in our party, which there will be three of. Trying to be as sensible as possible, we bought them from jcrew when they were on sale, and we all agreed it was definitely a dress they could all wear again. We will exchange the sash for something bright to liven it a little, and they will be carrying brightly colored floral creations of some sort.

ShortDress.jpg

Finally we move on the question of chair covers.

This is the room without:

PavilionRoom1.jpg

And Lurkyloo posted this photo of the room with:

PavilionRoom3.jpg

Those dark blue chairs really stand out in the room without the covers, and not in a good way I think, but covers through Disney would set us back $8 ++ per chair. We can get them closer to $4 through an outside vendor, but it still seems like a lot of dough to me. The florist says he would do the chair covers just for the neutrality. I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not that much more money, but oy!

Wow!

How fun!

Did you enjoy the planning session? I thought it was so much fun.

I'm getting excited for you!

Wow!

How fun!

Did you enjoy the planning session? I thought it was so much fun.

I'm getting excited for you!

Well, not much happened other than going through our planning pages. We did get to meet Kelly our planner for the first time and she seemed very nice.

So I've got the final final invitation made! I have all the pieces I need, I just have to go to Kinko's to get the actual invitation part printed and cut part printed out. I've already printed out all the inserts, and cut the backing for them. I went to Michael's last night and bought three paper punches, a large daisy, a small daisy, and little Mickey to make the embellishment for the front. I am pleased with the final result. Now I just have to con my friends into helping me assemble 60 of them.

Invitation_Final2_web.jpg

Invitation_Final2_inside_web.jpg

One of my favorite things is the RSVP insert

Inserts_RSVP_couple.jpg

Also we've decided to go with Bobbe Vagel as our florist. http://www.bvfloralconcepts.com

His work is awesome, and he's such a nice guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter