Our (My) was May now September 2014 trip plans

Conference in San Fran maybe? They have a big one scheduled in Sept and Oct - over 40 000 attendees at each. Not sure of your exact dates though.

$2500USD for 5 nights, whoa!
Still nothing set in stone, so anything can happen yet :laughing:

I was recently looking at San Fran hotels for a friend who's travelling early September like you. I too was horrified by the prices. It's certainly not a cheap city.

When I visited we stayed in a cheap 2star hostel style place in China Town. It was all I could find that was affordable at the time, and was perfectly fine. But even places like this now seem really expensive. A bit like the price increase in Singapore.

When I saw that your count is down to under 4 months I almost had a small heart attack. This is because it means my count is down to just over 4 months and I still have so much to organise. This time last year I'd pretty much sorted out everything and just had to focus on the spending money.
It's time I became a bit more organised.

Can I just jump in and suggest the youth hostel in San Fran. If you don't need glamorous and just want somewhere to sleep and shower it does the trick. They have private rooms with your own bathroom and a free basic breakfast, I paid around $110 a night in November when the 40,000 strong conference was on and it's right around the corner from Union square so very central.

Just doing a bit of light reading, and seeing my passport expires in Feb 2015 I may need to renew it before we go away *bye bye $$$*

Not sure if i'm reading right, but some passports (depending on country of origin) need 6 months from departure date from the US.

I've just sent an email off to the embassy to clarify it for me, clear as mud :crazy2:

Just doing a bit of light reading, and seeing my passport expires in Feb 2015 I may need to renew it before we go away *bye bye $$$*

Not sure if i'm reading right, but some passports (depending on country of origin) need 6 months from departure date from the US.

I've just sent an email off to the embassy to clarify it for me, clear as mud :crazy2:

So glad we don't need to worry about passports for a long time (unless of course DH loses his again :scared1:). The passport office has gotten a LOT of money out of us in the last 5 years...

I am pretty certain you will find this is the case with USA travel. My husband and I both just renewed our passports and it was $244 each! That is a big chunk of cash that I would prefer to have as spending money, but at least I don't have to worry about it for another 10 years.

Just over 3.5 months to go.

House sitter sorted.

New passport :headache: will have to be sorted (they should be valid 10.5 years)
Airport car parking (holy moly it's pricey) will have to be done.
Cruise is nearly paid off
Disneyland ticket prices just rose :headache:
House rates and electricity bills due (i'm officially bleeding cash).

Roll on September 7

House rates and electricity bills due (i'm officially bleeding cash).

Roll on September 7

I know how you feel :scared:

Sounds like you're pretty well organised though and have already parted with most of the cash that you'll need to :thumbsup2

Disneyland ticket prices just rose :headache:

Fortunately its been hinted at on the forums for the last few weeks. I bought mine a week ago in anticipation of the rise. Saved me $90 for 3 Premium AP's and I'm guessing a few $$'s on the 10 day passes we bought for our travel companions.

Look at my ticker!

Starting to look at car hire, needing something to get around WDW and also to Port Canaveral for the cruise pirate:

And yup, new passport, what a drag :crazy2:

Too many little things, I need a list to check off :coffee:

Look at my ticker! Starting to look at car hire, needing something to get around WDW and also to Port Canaveral for the cruise pirate: And yup, new passport, what a drag :crazy2: Too many little things, I need a list to check off :coffee:

I'm down to a lot of boring stuff also.

Somehow it just doesn't seem as much fun to organise passport photos as it does trying to decide if I should buy Photopass. Or booking a car is not as fun as booking a tour.

I finally booked my car last weekend using a great deal from ebookers. There was a bit of a discussion about it on my PTR.

I am also at that in-between stage where all the initial exciting stuff (hotels, flights etc) have been booked, but it's too early to book dining, tours etc. The boring stage.

Make sure you don't put your passports off for too long. Trust me, it hurts to pay the extra $100 per person for quick processing :headache:

If it wasn't quite annoying enough that I need a new passport, so does my kid!!

:mad:

aarrrgggghhhh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter