Our stay at the Saratoga Springs Resort

if you look at their signature, it shows (proudly, I suppose since they're meticulously listed for all to see) 24 DVC trips, 100% of which have been at OKW
That might explain why this poster didn't like SSR. But they probably won't like most any of the other DVC resorts either.

As the first DVC resort, OKW (then simply called the "Disney Vacation Club resort") was built much like other non-Disney timeshares: lots of room to stretch out, a fully-functional balcony where a family could sit down to a meal, full-sized appliances, the works. OKW isn't perfect; the awkward angles of the living room waste a bunch of space, but there is plenty there so it isn't really missed.

Disney quickly learned that DVC buyers didn't care about any of that, because they were in the theme parks all day. The next four resorts built (the "2nd Generation" resorts: BWV, BCV, VWL, and SSR) were all very different from OKW. These four all have basically the same layout--the smaller living room, the postage-stamp balconies, the confusing bathroom door complex, etc. etc. etc.

Things got a little bit better with some of the later designs, but not always.

We have another trip scheduled at Saratoga Springs in mid June. After much talk with my wife, due to the heat in Orlando in June we changed our plans and have elected to stay down in Disneys Vero Beach Resort and spend the last night in Disney World to go to at least one park and be closer to the airport when we leave. I have posted this to DVC Trip Report thread and will follow up with how it turned out.

Last edited:
Just received our waitlist for an oceanview room at Vero Beach Resort. Also switched the last few days back up to Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort to a Lagoon view at The Grand Floridian. Yeah!

We decided to take a short 4 night 5 day trip to DW.
As DVC owners our home resorts are Boardwalk resort which we have been very lucky over the years to many times get a boardwalk view and the convenience to Epcot is great especially during food and wine which we attend every year.
And Animal Kingdom resort which we always book a savanah view.
Well this time we wanted to be close to Disney Springs to try some new restaurants, so we decided to try Saratoga Springs Resort. We had stayed there years ago and remembered it to be nice but everything was buses where ever you wanted to go. We booked a request for a view of Disney Springs and the closest building to the walkover. Well when we arrived at our building we were happy to see we were in the last one before the walk over. When we opened the door to our room we had the most spectacular view of the water, boats, hot air balloon, and all of Disney Springs. The room was very clean and new feeling. The couch in the room was also a murphy bed that pulled down from the wall which was very comfortable. Not the usual uncomfortable pull out sofas that are normally in the rooms.
When we were not at a park or out to dinner we spent hours sitting on our balcony enjoying the view. I have to say not only was our room and view outstanding the grounds in the Saratoga Springs Resort complex which is quite large and spread out were also very well kept and nice. We also enjoyed some time at the pool and in the Hot tub. We were very impressed with this resort and would not shy away from staying there anytime in the future.

View attachment 654479
View attachment 654478
All of the Disney resorts have fairly tight security and I was wondering about the walkway between Disney Springs and Saratoga. I there some kind of 'guard' stopping people from Disney Springs just walking onto the grounds?

Stayed there for our first time on our last minute trip in May for GOTG preview and we loved it. I really enjoy having all the greenery and ability to have a peaceful walk after all the time with crowds and concrete in the park. Would definitely stay again and am contemplating points here if the ROFR bloodbath ever stops.

I wouldn't stay here again at .25 points. I could see into dozens of rooms and could easily throw a tennis ball onto dozens of "balconies" or what I would call slivers of concrete with railings. At other DVC resorts, they have USB charging ports in the kitchen and full sized tables in a one bedroom. Also, they've hired actual landscapers. SSR is the K-Mart of DVC.
The table is the same size as BCV. The balconies are the same size as BCV (bigger than some of those) and BWV, they are definitely bigger than POLY. Also is a great resort for those that want variety in pools and some downtime. It is my favorite place to run! You can see in almost every DVC resort room as well....especially if they are on the first floor. It seems you have a real issue with SSR and should just maybe not think about it.

I wouldn't stay here again at .25 points. I could see into dozens of rooms and could easily throw a tennis ball onto dozens of "balconies" or what I would call slivers of concrete with railings. At other DVC resorts, they have USB charging ports in the kitchen and full sized tables in a one bedroom. Also, they've hired actual landscapers. SSR is the K-Mart of DVC.
I think I got you beat by dozens ... Lots of rooms to look at from and throw tennis balls into at the BLT so-called "Lake View" 1BRs -

blt2.jpg

It's a "lake" of rooms :rotfl2:. Sorry. It is disappointing.
To be fair, there is a view of the lake - way off to the right :magnify:
It is what it is I suppose, it was my first stay at BLT, but won't be going back for that experience again.

We plan ahead, we pay extra for a view room, we also put requests in. Most times it works but once in a while it doesn’t then we figure out a restaurant or bar that has a great view and spend our time there until it’s time to just go back to the room and call it a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter