Our Trip in This October

Buzzlight

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are new members to the forum. We try to go to Disney every year since we are DVC members. Last year we had to cut our trip short due to my son getting sick at the Wilderness Lodge. We are staying at the BCV this time hopeing for a better trip. I have read a few bad things about the BCV and am a bit worried about it. How bad is it really? Does any one like it?

I am also taking my wife to Marrakesh for our 5th ann when we are there. I thought we should try something different. How is it and what should we order. The Kids will be with their Grand Parents so We will have the whole night. Please help.

Thanks

We can not wait to go.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Welcome to the DISboards!

I can't really help you with reviews of BCV -- never stayed there. But I've read on the boards a lot of good reviews about it.

As for Restaurant Marrakesh -- YUMMY! It's on my DW's and my must-do list for any trip to WDW & Epcot. On our last trip we had dinner there and had the Royal Feast. Whole lotta food on that one! :p I highly recommend it because it provides a lot of different foods in one meal for only $29.95/person. One suggestion: tell you server to bring the courses in slowly so you have a chance to enjoy each one. (Plus you can watch the belly dancer even more!! ;) )

They start off with some Moroccan salads with a light dressing. Next were some appetizers: the menu says bastilla (pastry stuffed with chicken, seafood or beef), but our server substituted some beef brewat rolls for the seafood bastilla (these are thin pastry leaves stuffed with minced beef, sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar) -- super YUM for these.

Next comes the entree of roast lamb and lemon chicken. We loved both. This includes couscous containing a mix of different veggies. I am not a real fan of couscous, but this was quite good. The chicken not only has lemon but also garlic and olives in the marinade, so it's got a little kick to it. Personally, I prefer the sauce they have for the chicken kebobs using Moroccan spices, but this was good.

Now if you are not completely stuffed -- out comes a huge dish of Crepes Atlas. (They may let you sub other desserts, but you will miss a real treat.) Delicious apple crepes topped generously with cinnamon AND ice cream with almond slivers sprinkled all around.

If you do not literally ROLL out the door after this meal, then there's something wrong with the restaurant's hospitality. All the servings are very generous; the service is wonderful. Be sure to tell them it's your anniversary dinner. They may have a surprise for you.

Welcome to the DIS Buzzlight :wave:

I ate at Restaurant Marrekesh once and really enjoyed it. I didn't think the food was hot (as in spicy) but is nevertheless spiced to make for a bit more interesting flavour - that along with the live entertainment should definitely qualify as 'something different' ;) A little treasure of a restaurant I think, and is quite often overlooked by many, especially as it's tucked all the way up the back of the pavillion.

As for BCV, can't help as I haven't stayed there yet, but you might want to consider posting your question on our DVC forum where I'm sure you'll get lots of response I'm sure :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter