Our Wishes Wedding - 2/22/15 - Porte Cochere/SBP/Italy Isola

CinderellasBFF

Earning My Ears
We're planning a February 2015 Wishes Wedding. For now, I'm not going to include much personal information about us, because well, we're not officially engaged yet! So no one knows that we've already set a date. What I will say about us is that we met on October 1, 2001 when we were in the same training class at work, but lost touch for over a decade until he looked me up on Facebook. We've been together ever since. (Yes, we really know the day that we met because it was both ours first day of work.)

Tentative Wedding Plans
  • Welcome Party at Porte Cochere during Wishes
  • Ceremony at Sea Breeze Point
  • Pre-reception at Italy Isola West during Illuminations
  • Reception at Pixar Place
This could change because our first choice was to hold the ceremony at the Tower of Terror Courtyard. We just won't know whether we can do this until three months out. As much as it would be stunning to have the ceremony there, we want to get some food in our guests' bellies before the ceremony if we do this. So logistics-wise, the arrangement we have now might be the way to go.

We're using Root Photography and Le June Make-Up Artistry. So other than our officiant, we have most of the major decisions already made. We anticipate having between 50-60 guests. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them with us. We want our wedding to be an experience, which is what has led most of the decisions we have made up until this point.

Wedding Party
It will be just us, and his four-year-old daughter as our flower girl. We'll each ask a friend that decides to come to make a toast and sign the marriage license as if they were our maid of honor/best man. But for lots of reasons, just the three of us makes the most sense.

Colors
We've noticed that I tend to pin bright bold color palates on pinterest. So it will be something along the lines of fuschia/turquoise, orange/fuschia, or green/pink. Pixar Place is so lively and colorful, so we can literally do anything.

Flowers/Decor
Right now, my favorite bouquet is this
1bba014c01fb37a627235fae7e7ad6b5.jpg

Maybe do something with flowers like this for the centerpieces.
298c558761a7bc16e7333d304b43af0b.jpg

I love the bright contrast of something like this though.
19813843339183074e4285dabf3c938e.jpg

Yet more inspiration.
ce35055eb3376871eb745e7217961974.jpg

Something like this would be fun for the pre-reception. I'm going to ask if we can move the arrangements from the welcome party to the pre-reception the next day. Otherwise, it's unlikely that either will have flowers.
abe88c332b86774916614211dbf2de18.jpg

I LOVE those colors! Your plans sound great and very unique so I'm looking forward to hearing more!! February is a great time to get married :lovestruc I was married in February and planning a vow renewal for Feb of 2016 in WDW so I'm really happy to read about WDW February wedding plans! Oh I don't blame you about a wedding party, I had a big wedding party with lots of bridesmaids and while I love them dearly it was way more drama than it was worth...:rotfl: Congratulations on starting your plans!

I LOVE those colors! Your plans sound great and very unique so I'm looking forward to hearing more!! February is a great time to get married :lovestruc I was married in February and planning a vow renewal for Feb of 2016 in WDW so I'm really happy to read about WDW February wedding plans! Oh I don't blame you about a wedding party, I had a big wedding party with lots of bridesmaids and while I love them dearly it was way more drama than it was worth...:rotfl: Congratulations on starting your plans!

Thank you! Where are you having your vow renewal?

Reception Set-up

Since our guest list is a little too large to do the roman tables, I'm going to throw this idea out to my wedding planner. We'll see if they can pull it off, but it is essential a variation of a roman table. It would be very nice to only need two awesome centerpieces, instead of numerous smaller ones. Plus, I think it would look stunning to have one grouping of each on each side of the dance floor, and then maybe the cake table and sweatheart table between the two. We'd have to do assign seating down to the actually seat, but that's fine. (And it pulls something from my mom's pinterest board for our wedding that she created to surprise her.)

311896fe4db96d495044f160fb270c8d.jpg

Yay your planning journal! I love the colors- they really pop and look beautiful. I really think that setup for your tables is amazing, too, they're really interesting and you're right it would be awesome to only need the two center pieces. Can't wait to read along on your planning journal!

Joining in! Love the plans so far!
I'm planning my wedding too, but am not engaged yet either... Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you! Where are you having your vow renewal?

Well it's too early to even think of calling yet, but my plan is to have an Escape package at the wedding pavilion then add on something in The Attic...I have loads of time though :rolleyes:

Loving the table set up! I hope your planner is able to make it work for you, it looks stunning with the tables set up that way and the two large flower displays... I have NEVER seen anything like it...very unique!

Oh wow I love your colour scheme! So beautiful and bright! Can't wait to follow along and see what else you have planned!

I really like those tables - never would have thought of something like that! Too bad our venue probably could fit something like that.

So we received our planning kit today for our wedding consultant!! Looking forward to looking over things with my SO later tonight. Our planning session and menu tasting are scheduled for June while we're in town for another wedding. It'll be my SO's first trip to WDW! Wish we had more time, but will only be in Florida for three nights.

Love your color choices! Bright equals happy:)
That table design is neat too! Can't wait to see more!

Gonna follow along just got engaged and are starting to plan. We know we want sea breeze point for ceremony but are still looking into venue for reception. We live 40 minutes from Disney and met at Disney so a Disney wedding is the only way to go. Thanks for doing this journal and giving ideas.

So we booked our officiant this week. We're going with Rev. Kevin Knox. We also put in a request for Scott Messina as our DJ. Hopefully he's available, but I know that we've had such incredible luck getting the vendors we want that we're due to hit a hang at some point.

We're thinking suit for him, so he picked out a few suits he liked this week. This is my favorite so far.
587167714c6d52b3b1616e9ede71c4df.jpg

We're loving orchids right now for the boutonnieres.
0442618d8c8424f1d276ded495d2f8de.jpg

d70103b35368f343e41525589b8068b4.jpg

Guest book, really liking this:
73def033a83878ac20f443feeecd0503.jpg

And this is the invitation set we like the most so far:
bathetic_bearings-signature_white_textured_wedding_invitations-smudge_ink-reef-blue.jpg

My fiancé and I are getting married at Disney Wedding Pavilion with our reception to follow at the Grand Floridian. We just had our planning session with Carol our wedding planner, and let me just say for all you future brides, you are in for a treat. The cake testing, the menu testing, and all the planning was more then I ever thought. It is disney after all, the magic that is in the air was unbelievably incredible. When all was said and done I left with weight lifted of my shoulders and now know when I show up to marry my Prince Charming in October I will truly be thrilled and surprised to see all the magic, that these wedding planners and assistants are so dedicated in preparing to make our special day so special and unforgettable. Have fun ladies and congratulations.

I love that suit option! & everything else you have seems to pair so well together. I look forward to seeing how you bring it together.
I can only hope that my vendor booking go as well as yours have.

Yay, new Planning Journal! I'm excited to see how your plans progress...I love the bright contrasts you are attracted to though...the flowers you like are beautiful!

I'm also planning a welcome party at Port Cochere during Wishes!

Looking forward to reading more!

Brooke

I thought I should add that we are officially engaged now! He proposed at the Magic Fountain of Montjuic in Barcelona on May 10th. We went out for a nice dinner overlooking the Montjuic area and walked over to the Magic Fountain to watch the evening show. Before the show began, he wanted for us to make a wish on a coin. Then half way thru the show, he said that he'd tell me his wish if I told him mine. I refused at first, but then said that I wished for an amazing vacation in Europe. He then told me that he wished for many things, including that I would say yes, which of course I did! :love:

This is AWESOME! Congratulations on your engagement!! Love your plans so far- especially Pixar place :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter