Overheard- made me cringe

On a one-day I can envision that conversation, but MULTI-DAY? After the first terrible day they could have googled "avoid lines" "FP+" or any other terrible experience keyword. They chose the victim role at Disney.

As has been said, those who don't research make it better and more effective for those who do. I think noone would do more than 1 trip (possibly 1 day) without researching, especially now.

Ugh. My stomach dropped thinking about how sad it is for them that they did not know. I hope it doesn't put them off for a return trip.

None of the trips I used for examples are cheap. Beach maybe being cheaper but not cheap. Universal is very similar in cost to WDW. I honestly don't feel cost has much to do with it.

And yes those trips offer plenty of choices, so does Disney. There is so much there and so much to do that it almost goes back to the original thing of people not understanding the need for planning. I mean there are X number of attractions in the MK. Someone not familiar could easily assume if Space Mountains wait is too long at 10, surely you can go back at 3 and the wait time would be much less. Sometimes true sometimes not even close! Or the fact that Disney is all about its characters. It would be easy to assume you could meet Mickey today without planning the meet 2 months out.

And while I understand why people plan in excess for a trip to WDW (I have done it too!), I also completely understand why someone would not realize the need for it. And I also understand those that are just tired of the work that goes into their vacation at WDW.

Honestly I would love to see Disney going to something like the Express Pass. But in all reality, when we went to Universal we never felt we needed to have it (we didn't) even though the parks were quite crowded. It just seemed like so many not having access to it or wanting to purchase it, made it less of a "must have" Most waits were not that bad.

The thing with the express pass is that the rides I found that I would want to use it on either don't allow it (hp) or the single rider lines are so short it wasn't necessary. Wdw has very few single rider lines and they aren't great because fast pass percentages are so large.

Can you not do stand by for character greets? I don't bother with those so don't know.

I do agree though that the other trips are not cheap and they have the potential to be disastrous if you don't plan. On the other travel boards I frequent, we get a lot of people who assume you can drive into Seattle on a summer weekend and get a hotel room at the last moment (no) or drive the california coast and camp at any of the state parks or Yosemite whenever you feel like stopping (definitely not). I mean, you may find somewhere to stay, but most likely, it won't be cheap. It will be crap and expensive or super nice and astronimacally priced.

Disney is no longer a quick trip joint.
Not true. I just went last Thursday and Friday nights (local) and booked some passes the day before. Rode FOP and River Journey during the extra magic hours on Thursday. Wait for FOP was about 45 minutes but totally worth the late night!

The thing with the express pass is that the rides I found that I would want to use it on either don't allow it (hp) or the single rider lines are so short it wasn't necessary. Wdw has very few single rider lines and they aren't great because fast pass percentages are so large.

Can you not do stand by for character greets? I don't bother with those so don't know.

I do agree though that the other trips are not cheap and they have the potential to be disastrous if you don't plan. On the other travel boards I frequent, we get a lot of people who assume you can drive into Seattle on a summer weekend and get a hotel room at the last moment (no) or drive the california coast and camp at any of the state parks or Yosemite whenever you feel like stopping (definitely not). I mean, you may find somewhere to stay, but most likely, it won't be cheap. It will be crap and expensive or super nice and astronimacally priced.
Just as an FYI EP is now available on all three HP attractions (includes the Hogwarts Express).

We found that the things that didn't take the EP (HP) were things we would not want to skip any of the line anyway.

You can do stand by for character greets of course. But some have unGodly wait times so people get FP for them or use up a LOT of park time in them. I personally prefer character meals to get all those meets done while we are eating.

Oooh, nice. EP was pricy but I did got a lot done with it. I'd be more inclined to buy it next time with HP included.
Yes, I think EP is crazy expensive. We're staying at Portofino in two rooms for $160 *less* than it would cost to buy unlimited EP for our family on the dates we're going. I was surprised to see HP was included, since I didn't think it was - If I'd known, I prob would've sprung for EP when we went last month. Instead, we waited an hour to ride the train : (

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter