Overwhelmed.

ao824

Earning My Ears
Hi. This is a half vent post and half an overwhelmed Mom post, so be gentle. We're at Disney right now - this is our first day here - and the last 12 hours have been crazy.

We had a LL (DAS) pass for MK, and decided to take the ferry over from the resort, but our ferry broke down. So we were redirected to the bus, but the bus broke down so we had to wait for a non-Disney bus to show up. When we finally got to MK .... the ride broke down. We were able to use our pass on another attraction (jungle cruise) and the CM *screached* into the mic the entire time (half the boat complained over the noise/had their fingers in their ears). My daughter has sensory issues and left crying. We very kindly mentioned the noise issue to the CM at exit, suggesting they may want to turn the mic down for future riders, and were told that we "may want to consider another ride suitable for those without issues". 🤯

We decided to pivot and took the bus to Yacht/Beach and walked to Epcot. When we arrived at the gate, we were very rudely questioned ("What do you intend to do here? Why would you come at closing?") and then denied entry at 8:45 as we were not "Deluxe" guests (Currently at FW). I wasn't clear on this as we had arrived early to the parks that morning and a CM at the hotel directed us otherwise. I would have been fine with their policy, but the CM interactions were terrible.

We were redirected to Boardwalk in desperation of finding food, and were told we couldn't purchase a whole pizza for our family at the window, but rather they offered us two slices as that's what they had at the moment. We split two slices of pizza amongst five people and called a Minnie van to return back.

Our morning was wonderful and the afternoon and evening left me wondering what I'm doing here.

My threshold has been reached and I'm ready to go home.

😂🤪🫣😭

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like fun at all. I'm so sorry. I understand the CM wondering what you are doing coming at closing to Epcot. And to be honest, you wouldn't have gotten to do anything worthwhile in that 15 minutes especially with the deluxe hours on (too many people trying to get to too many places).
For us, we try to stay put as much as possible, less possibility of travel related issues. Staying at MK and getting dinner at a quick service there would have been a much easier option.
I say tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh, and have fun. And honestly, I would try and just stay put. It has never done us wrong in all of our millions of Disney vacations (i'm exaggerating).
Where are you going today?

That doesn't sound like fun at all. I'm so sorry. I understand the CM wondering what you are doing coming at closing to Epcot. And to be honest, you wouldn't have gotten to do anything worthwhile in that 15 minutes especially with the deluxe hours on (too many people trying to get to too many places).
For us, we try to stay put as much as possible, less possibility of travel related issues. Staying at MK and getting dinner at a quick service there would have been a much easier option.
I say tomorrow is a new day. Start fresh, and have fun. And honestly, I would try and just stay put. It has never done us wrong in all of our millions of Disney vacations (i'm exaggerating).
Where are you going today?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I can see the thought of staying put!

We went to Epcot as the hotel CM had (mistakenly) mentioned to us earlier about the extended hours (thinking we'd have two hours from 9-11). In trying to assemble massive amounts of information quickly we thought "oh why don't we try this instead" and didn't think otherwise.

The policy is what it is, the CM interaction was just really abrupt way of dealing with guests that threw me off.

We're heading to Epcot today after breakfast. Fingers crossed? Ugh. 😩

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I can see the thought of staying put!

We went to Epcot as the hotel CM had (mistakenly) mentioned to us earlier about the extended hours (thinking we'd have two hours from 9-11). In trying to assemble massive amounts of information quickly we thought "oh why don't we try this instead" and didn't think otherwise.

The policy is what it is, the CM interaction was just really abrupt way of dealing with guests that threw me off.

It's going to be great. And yes sometimes CM can be abrupt and rude even. We noticed that more than usual our last couple of trips, but I also chalk that up to them having to deal with so much more now. Not an excuse, but everyone has a bad day here and there. I surely wouldn't want to do their job. The CM at the hotel was very misinformed and gave you really bad advice. That in my opinion is the BIG problem there. That is easily fixed with better training and CMs knowing what they should and shouldn't recommend. If you hadn't gone over to Epcot, your frustrations would have been cut in half and probably would have been more manageable.
Our last trip we noticed a pattern, we would have bad luck, but then something magical or great would happen later... so we figured it evened out. Hopefully today is a magical day after yesterday.
There are lots of good food options in Epcot. My kids loved looking in all the shops. Sometimes we bought a treat/candy from each country, to take back to the hotel with us. It was fun to see all the treasures of candies etc. from each country and then sample them as we talked about our day.

Unfortunately a lot of the best CMs found other things to do when they got laid off during the shutdown and never returned. A lot of the new CMs are dealing with the short staffing that every business has these days and that makes them less friendly and less willing to provide the best service to guests. My hope is the newer CMs will catch some Disney spirit or they will just move on and better ones will replace them.

What resort are you staying at? I may have missed that. Sometimes planning a chill day (or half day) at the hotel is all you need to get over the junk that happened previously.
But like others mentioned, push it out of your mind, enjoy the day, try to stay in just a couple locations. Hope to hear a better report later today!!

What time was the fireworks at Epcot yesterday? In years past, I've gone into the park almost to closing just for the fireworks.

I so understand you. You have jumped through 17 hoops and now disney says oh wait, you have to climb this mountain too.

I bet you will have a fabulous day at Epcot! Positive thoughts all day! The Mexican restaurant at Epcot is a cool experience! Enjoy!!

I’m so sorry you aren’t having a great time. I hope things turn around and the rest of your trip is magical.

Wow, it sounds like you had one of those days when anything that could go wrong did. In all fairness, if you were looking for food at Epcot even had you been staying at a deluxe, after hours doesn't really have it. The CM could have been a bit more polite in informing you of that but we all have bad days. The CM at the hotel was just wrong or possibly misunderstood your question. The pizza window at BW just started the practice of not selling whole pizzas a few weeks ago. Not sure why that is but evidently they are telling people x slices = a whole pizza.

Should you be stuck in the BW area again, walk over to Dolphin. They have The Fountain which is pretty good. It's not open all the time just now so you are forced to download their App to see hours but it might be an alternative in a pinch. Also, keep in mind, there are very few of the quick meal places open late at night at the deluxe resorts. Silly I know but there you go.

Hope you have a better day today.

Hi. This is a half vent post and half an overwhelmed Mom post, so be gentle. We're at Disney right now - this is our first day here - and the last 12 hours have been crazy.

We had a LL (DAS) pass for MK, and decided to take the ferry over from the resort, but our ferry broke down. So we were redirected to the bus, but the bus broke down so we had to wait for a non-Disney bus to show up. When we finally got to MK .... the ride broke down. We were able to use our pass on another attraction (jungle cruise) and the CM *screached* into the mic the entire time (half the boat complained over the noise/had their fingers in their ears). My daughter has sensory issues and left crying. We very kindly mentioned the noise issue to the CM at exit, suggesting they may want to turn the mic down for future riders, and were told that we "may want to consider another ride suitable for those without issues". 🤯

We decided to pivot and took the bus to Yacht/Beach and walked to Epcot. When we arrived at the gate, we were very rudely questioned ("What do you intend to do here? Why would you come at closing?") and then denied entry at 8:45 as we were not "Deluxe" guests (Currently at FW). I wasn't clear on this as we had arrived early to the parks that morning and a CM at the hotel directed us otherwise. I would have been fine with their policy, but the CM interactions were terrible.

We were redirected to Boardwalk in desperation of finding food, and were told we couldn't purchase a whole pizza for our family at the window, but rather they offered us two slices as that's what they had at the moment. We split two slices of pizza amongst five people and called a Minnie van to return back.

Our morning was wonderful and the afternoon and evening left me wondering what I'm doing here.

😂🤪🫣😭
Ugh. And some argue WDW is as magical as ever. Your experience suggests otherwise.

Sorry you suffered all that. To be told that you "may want to consider another ride suitable for those without issues" is inexcusable, as is being rudely questioned ("What do you intend to do here? Why would you come at closing?").

Please take the time to communicate your experiences to guest.services@disneyworld.com

There’s definitely a decrease in CM friendliness in general, which is sad, and as you said, some are downright rude now. This would’ve been unheard of a few years ago. Sorry for your day and I hope the rest of your trips great! Also, since you’re staying at FW try Trails End, the foods great and so is the price! We eat there every trip and the last time we ate there in May we were one of only three groups in the whole place.

😂🤪🫣😭
Hope your days get better!

I'm so sorry. Shake it off as best you can and enjoy what you can going forward. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful.

It’s like your post took the mishaps of every complaint post on the boards and put them together into one story. If it really happened to you, I’m sorry to hear it, you deserve better. I’m surprised Mickey didn’t kick you in the behind on your way out.

Oh, so sorry to hear about your day. That certainly sounds frustrating. On top of everything else, having a hungry family doesn’t help at all. Tinker Bell is sending pixie dust your way. Have a magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter