Packet pick up and expo

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
My plane lands fairly early on Friday before the Star Wars Dark Side weekend. Since my room most likely won't be ready I was planning on going from the airport to the expo and pick up my running packet.
Is there parking available or do I need to go to my resort and take the bus?

My plane lands fairly early on Friday before the Star Wars Dark Side weekend. Since my room most likely won't be ready I was planning on going from the airport to the expo and pick up my running packet.
Is there parking available or do I need to go to my resort and take the bus?
You can drive there. Parking is available at WWoS.

There is lots of parking at the Expo. I WISH I had done that for my race weekend. Taking the MDE shuttle through four hotels since ours was last on the drop off line, then getting to the hotel to drop off our bags, then going back on a bus to go through 4 hotels (ours was first of 4 on our route)...UGH. We ended up taking an expensive taxi back to the hotel because we just couldn't take another bus ride after all the travelling. I HIGHLY endorse your plan!

There is lots of parking at the Expo. I WISH I had done that for my race weekend. Taking the MDE shuttle through four hotels since ours was last on the drop off line, then getting to the hotel to drop off our bags, then going back on a bus to go through 4 hotels (ours was first of 4 on our route)...UGH. We ended up taking an expensive taxi back to the hotel because we just couldn't take another bus ride after all the travelling. I HIGHLY endorse your plan!
That's friggin ridiculous for staying at a deluxe resort...:sad2:

That's friggin ridiculous for staying at a deluxe resort...:sad2:

THIS!!!! Especially when I was trying to convince my family about what a great trip planner I was, haha! I'll be more organized about it when there's a next time :) Or stay at the Poly which was first for the MDE...yes, that's it!

THIS!!!! Especially when I was trying to convince my family about what a great trip planner I was, haha! I'll be more organized about it when there's a next time :) Or stay at the Poly which was first for the MDE...yes, that's it!
So you shared with Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and the Polynesian...did you share with Shades of Green at all? I remember stopping there a couple of times the year I stayed at the Grand Floridian for Marathon Weekend. :sad2:

Again, the bus sharing can get ridiculous! But it was only for the expo, right? I can't remember if we shared on the days of the races. :confused3

So you shared with Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and the Polynesian...did you share with Shades of Green at all? I remember stopping there a couple of times the year I stayed at the Grand Floridian for Marathon Weekend. :sad2:

Again, the bus sharing can get ridiculous! But it was only for the expo, right? I can't remember if we shared on the days of the races. :confused3

For MDE: Contemporary, Wilderness, GF, and Poly. We did not stop at Shades.
For Expo: All of the above including Shades.
For Bus to Race: Was supposed to be all of the above, but all the busses were not stopping at us because already full...so they sent three busses all at once just for us.
For Bus back after race: Contemporary, Wilderness and GF (edited to say I don't think we had an Poly people on our bus OR they had a different bus with Shades...i can't totally remember...i was tired,haha)

Okay that many stops is outrageous, for the cost of a Deluxe. So sorry that was your experience. Do you remember how long it took on the bus? I'm looking to potentially stay at Poly, if I get into W&D and want to plan for rest of my arrival day. TIA.

Okay that many stops is outrageous, for the cost of a Deluxe. So sorry that was your experience. Do you remember how long it took on the bus? I'm looking to potentially stay at Poly, if I get into W&D and want to plan for rest of my arrival day. TIA.

The Poly in my experience for marathon weekend would have been the best of all worlds. First stop off MDE, and last pick up for expo/first drop off back from expo. Meaning the least amount of waiting. So maybe 10-15 min bus trip for you. I don't want to jinx you for your weekend since I only can speak to mine in Jan. You may be alright :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter