• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Packing items-What strange/helpful item do you bring???

Pixeegirl:

I have not sent them yet. I have been working tennis tournaments every weekend and during the week I also have a "regular" job. I do promise to send them once I get a chance. I understand I do have time since you aren't going for awhile, just bear with me and look for a package in the mail.
Everyone I still have more left over if interested. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Just let me know how many and where to ship them.

me = 4
pixie = 3
? =

:goodvibes

Pixeegirl:

I have not sent them yet. I have been working tennis tournaments every weekend and during the week I also have a "regular" job. I do promise to send them once I get a chance. I understand I do have time since you aren't going for awhile, just bear with me and look for a package in the mail.
Everyone I still have more left over if interested. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Just let me know how many and where to ship them.

me = 4
pixie = 3
? =

Dave, I just sent you a PM on this. TIA! :thumbsup2

Ok, now I am down to 2 left.....FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!

Mrsr709...I replied!

Would it be painfully tacky if I kept my key in my Tinkerbell lanyard pounch? :rotfl2:

Love travelling with my power strip-I now pack mine for all vacations. :thumbsup2

MY badgeholder--click here

I originally bought ours at Walmart in the accessory department....but haven't been able to find them since :confused3

I liked these in particular because the clear plastic part was sealed by the snap closure. I can't seem to find that kind anymore, so I think I'm just going to Staples or Office Max to get new ones. (The plastic edges rip after a few years because of taking out AP for entrance to the park AND discounts :headache: )

You can get them at any office supply store... I'm not a fan of wearing stuff around my neck (neither is DH), but I clip it to my shorts and keep the card part in my pocket when not in use.

We've used these for 3 trips and have never had a problem :thumbsup2

I loved this tip...do you get one for your son too, or did you just hold on to h is stuff for him?

I loved this tip...do you get one for your son too, or did you just hold on to h is stuff for him?

Uh...no. Don't trust son. He wore the lanyard around his neck. That way I can see it at all times.

Sometimes I'd wrap it around MY arm when we'd ride Hulk or Dragons (because of going upside down, didn't want to lose it), other times he'd just tuck it into his shirt.

His lanyard was from Walmart too... a ziplock pouch with velcro at the end of the 'string'. Just double knotted the back of the lanyard so it wouldn't loosen.

Actually, this is good to know for anyone.... if you have an AP and would accidentally lose it, GS will replace it for you.

If you have a room key that's lost, contact hotel right away so nobody can charge to your room (unless you don't HAVE charge privledges) and get a new one....

Make copies of the back of your ticket so GS can replace them if lost (at least, I *think* they can replace them)....nobody else can use them because of biometrics anyway.

I don't really worry about Bubba losing his lanyard because 1) his AP can be replaced and 2) he doesn't have charging on his room key [for that reason].....easy to replace
;)

the only thing that is odd that i take is one clothespin.

i always get a room where the curtains don't overlay correctly and light comes in.

i clothespin it shut.

i always for any trip i take the trip/sample size items.
tylenol, lotions, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.

so much cheaper buying these things at our local stores than on vacation at the resorts.

:smickey: I just thought of something that would be great to bring.

Precooked bacon. My DH and DS love some meat in the morning and I don't think that club level has bacon, so I'll just take my own.

Buying some for Myrtle Beach in 4 days.:banana: :umbrella::beach:

After spending this past weekend at Cedarpoint (OH) on a school orchestra trip. My husband and I, both chaperones, were able to recognize that our 14 and 12 year olds are not babies any more. When we all got to the designated meeting place, we ditched them and vice/versa:)

They rode the Roadster (starts out at 120 mph and goes straight up almost vertically then plunges down almost as fast) and other death defying coasters without us! Makes you proud that you instill the love of coasters in your children. Speed demons unite.

Therefore, it gave us a hint that maybe a single Universal card holder is not the ticket. I am thinking the single laminate deal for each of us.

I might now also be thinking to pack some massage oil for some alone time.:)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i use the blue water proof universal wallet.
when i am on the hulk or dd that has some speeds and dips to it, i keep the cord around my neck and stuff the wallet inside my bra.
sometimes i forget to take it out after the ride and get these weird looks from people...

i also bought/from walmart/ a coin zipper mini on a cord.
it is the size of a credit card. i put my money and cc in it. it also has side pockets on it.

pixeegrl: I just ordered and received 12 of these: part#75407 from Staples. I also ordered the slot punch for the tickets, etc. The case and cord is black. I tried to "break" the cord and can't do it. It is small and, in my mind, sturdy enough. There is also a clip on the back (it doesn't rotate).
I have 12 of these and don't need them all. How many do you need and when? PM me and I might be able to send some.

am i a day late and a dollar short for one of those?
:sad1:

:smickey: I just thought of something that would be great to bring.

Precooked bacon. My DH and DS love some meat in the morning and I don't think that club level has bacon, so I'll just take my own.

Buying some for Myrtle Beach in 4 days.:banana: :umbrella::beach:

um, who cooks in their room on vacation.....
and, you have to refridgerate that once it has been opened.

i splurge on vacation.
i save money all year, clip coupons, find pennies on the streets/floors, etc and splurge when i am away from home at universal.

i have been known to eat ice cream for breakfast.
hell, i have been also known for eating dessert first when i have dinner.
then i order an appetizer or an entree if i am still hungry.

i go solo.
mr mac is not there to be embarrassed or yell at me for doing that.

what he doesn't know won't hurt him.....remember that girls.......

yes, at mythos i order dessert first..........
also did that at le cellier and the concourse at wdw last year.

getting back on track, i always take the jammies i have had all year long.

and i don't bring them back home with me when the vacay is over.

it helps lighten the load in the suitcase for my souvies.

and i take a night light to put in the room.
if i wake up during the night and need to go to the bath room, i don't have to turn a light on in the room or bathroom.

also take a small pen flashlight and one of those mini card magnifying glass. i put it in my pocket and use it to read the park guide maps. i have broke too many glasses on rides in the past before i started using the card magnifying glass

Strangest, I guess that would be the top piece of a metal clothes hanger straightened out, you know the loopy thing at the top. Its my "unlock the bathroom door after my youngest DD locks it behind her when leaving the bathroom and we've only been in the room for 5 minutes" - key. She has done this 3 seperate times in hotels, now I am never without it. :sad2:

Second would be, I take the cardboard box at the bottom of a 24 pack of water bottles with me so I can use it as a tray to carry back things on the club level. I save one for each child, makes it so much easier, plus it then becomes a tray for them for their lap.

Other than that it is the standard, bandaids (for the kid who cuts her finger at Finnegans cutting a piece of bread after only being there for 2 minutes, and told to hold on so I can help her, same child who locks the bathroom door when she is leaving. :sad2:) ear drops for swimmers ear, a camera, wipes in the car and in my purse at all times, hand sanitizer, and sun lotion. I also am a plan-a-holic so I too have a binder with all the maps of the hotels, menus from Citiwalk restaurants and hotel restaurants. :surfweb:

I have the same blue universal wallet and love it. Once on the Mummy, an attendant told me not to put it down my shirt because it could choke me.
But, other than that one time, I have used it at numerous amusement parks and put it down my bra, too.:banana:

:confused3 not trying to be smart, but it is precooked bacon and I have a fridge to put it in after the package is opened.

My DS could eat bacon all day if I let him. Sooo... he can eat fruit and oats at club breakfast and snack on the bacon any time he wants.:goodvibes

Just thought it might help those who hadn't thought about taking something like that who are trying to save some cash in this economy of ours.:laughing:

You know those Yankee Candle air fresheners that some people hang in their cars? My wife brings at least one for the bathroom and hangs it in there. I don't know why she does this. I just humor her and pick the scent.

Interesting thread!

I love the tip on swimmer's ear drops. We experienced (we as in my son, but trust me...we all experienced it) just recently. I will definitely be packing the "dry up" drops!

I don't get the shoe organizer? I just pile my multitude of flip flops in a corner ;) .

Ok weird things I bring:

We call the doctor (we have had the same pediatrician for 19 years) and ask for a antibiotic prescription just in case someone gets an ear infection, sinus infection whatever. He always does it, and we take it just in case we need to fill it.

I also take ponchos in case of rain.
Laundry bad and small bottles of Tide with 2 rolls of quarters so in case I need to do laundry while we are there.
My non dairy creamer
Freezer packs for the cooler to take to the park. Every night I get ice from the ice machine and dump it in the bathroom sink and put the ice packs in there to freeze.
We also (BEST INVENTION EVER) bring our plug in cooler. That way we can have cold water and beer in the room anytime.

That is all I can think of for now. I am sure more will come to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter