PaHunters camping season comes to an abrupt close due to cancer.

Sucks your return home was delayed. Hopefully, your fever subsided and you can finally relax at home.

That you feel good enough to roam the ward is a good sign. Hopefully you will be home soon

Chris I hope this message finds you at home resting. I wanted to share with you something. About a week before I was offered my management position in September I found I had had lymphoma again in different area following having a mass removed from my groin. This time I did 3 rounds of chemo followed by 20 rounds of radiation. I have now been declared cancer free again. I have not missed a day of work during all this. I know your situation is much harder than mine was. You are strong and have many friends praying. Keep up the faith and follow the process. Focus on the finish not the battle. We will all be camping again soon.

Well it is 445 on Friday morning, I have already been up for a couple hours. As per the conversation with the Dr yesterday, I should be headed home later today. And as I type this the fire alarm is going off, been one of those nights.
0730 edit - So antibiotic has been DC'd, so I am currently able to walk around without an IV pole, small victories. I did get some time yesterday without the IV pole which was nice. See how the rest of my day goes.
Waiting on Dr and the team to make their morning visit.

Last edited:
Good news Chris :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I look forward to your going home post. I am sure Jen and Reba cant wait for you to be home.

Steve

Just checking in, I hope that you get to go home soon, nothing worse than waiting on a doctor to make his rounds...

Sending, Good Thoughts and Vibes, and more pixie dust... and prayers for you and yours... God Blessings to you all.

Getting Home is one of the best therapeutic treatments I have ever seen. Just hearing I was being allowed to go home and then GET DRESSED had my whole attitude do a 180

Glad to hear that Chris!!!! Glad you get to go home and recover in your own space! It's never easy to recover in someone else's butt dent.

PS: Anything you would like from Disney? Back scratcher? Mickey printed hospital gown (I am sure they have them somewhere)? Pixie Dust container?

Well it is 445 on Friday morning, I have already been up for a couple hours. As per the conversation with the Dr yesterday, I should be headed home later today. And as I type this the fire alarm is going off, been one of those nights.
0730 edit - So antibiotic has been DC'd, so I am currently able to walk around without an IV pole, small victories. I did get some time yesterday without the IV pole which was nice. See how the rest of my day goes.
Waiting on Dr and the team to make their morning visit.
Chris, if you start dancing around the IV pole they'll likely let you go home sooner.

If you were my patient, it would certainly cause me to sign a discharge order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter