PaHunter's return to camping with cancer and as a diabetic

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! I didn't know him personally, but he was fighting his 'good fight' the same time my DH was and I was rooting for him.

Love, Peace, and Prayers to his wife and family, and to all his friends.
I too did not know him, but reading about all the lego buiding, the hospital visits, the RV fixing, you could tell he was a very uplifting person. I was sad to hear the news.

I had every intention of going to the Funeral Friday unfortunately I aggravated my Sciatica and Dr. has me on meds that are making me loopy and driving is not a good idea

We will miss you Mike and Michael. I'll pass along your condolences and hug Jenn for you.

A funny story about when Chris and Jenn bought the big yellow truck. Chris had found this truck at a place outside Kansas City. I knew he would be coming in on I-70 from PA. I live a few miles from the interstate they would be taking coming through. Because we had been chatting on the DIS for a long time, he felt like a close friend so I asked if he and Jenn wanted to stop here for the night and have an easy 4 hour drive to pick up Big Bird the next day. They took us up on it and we had a great evening getting some dinner and talking about Disney and life. I don't recall if this was the first time we met in person. I know we were at Disney right after Irma and I think we met on that trip, but I've told that story to non-DIS friends and they thought it was so strange I would invite a "stranger" to stay at my house.

Like many of us on here, even though we haven't met face to face, I consider many of you friends. I will have more frequent and meaningful conversations with you than I do my extended family.

Chris, you will be missed. I hope we can get Jenn on here occasionally to let us know how she is doing.

j

This is Chris’s sister Jennie. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers to Jenn and our family. It’s been a rough 18 months and today was especially rough day but Chris’s memory will continue to be alive because of his amazing friends! I hope to get a chance to meet those who knew him:)

This is Chris’s sister Jennie. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers to Jenn and our family. It’s been a rough 18 months and today was especially rough day but Chris’s memory will continue to be alive because of his amazing friends! I hope to get a chance to meet those who knew him:)
Jennie, Chris will always be with us as he was one of us. Thoughts and prayers for you and all of the family.

Peace and blessings to you and your family. My wonderful grandma always found comfort in this poem when dealing with the loss of a loved one.

The Rose Beyond the Wall (A L Fink)

Near a shady wall a rose once grew,
Budded and blossomed in God’s free light,
Watered and fed by the morning dew,
Shedding it’s sweetness day and night.

As it grew and blossomed fair and tall,
Slowly rising to loftier height,
It came to a crevice in the wall
Through which there shone a beam of light.

Onward it crept with added strength
With never a thought of fear or pride,
It followed the light through the crevice’s length
And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
Were found the same as they were before,
And it lost itself in beauties new,
Breathing it’s fragrance more and more.

Shall claim of death cause us to grieve
And make our courage faint and fall?
Nay! Let us faith and hope receive–
The rose still grows beyond the wall,

Scattering fragrance far and wide
Just as it did in days of yore,
Just as it did on the other side,
Just as it will forever-more.

Holy Moly!!!!
So tragic... Outside of dealing with my own life and its ever changing ways, I read about this. I have not been on here of recent. My wife stopped on during her lunch hour since she hadn't been on in awhile. Myself several months. Anyway, I only got to meet Chris once at the Hershey RV show many years ago. He was helping his wife at a booth there. I think regarding the PA Natural Resources Department. Pretty cool dude. I looked forward to see him at the next Dis meet or at the fort. That never happened on my end. However, the board interactions like many others on here is always an extension when you finally get to meet in person. Unfortunately, I have my own recent experience to deal with in loss. So I can relate on some level.

Our condolences from the Mendel's to Jenn, their fub baby, Reba, and extended family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter