• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
The world would be a whole lot better place if MORE people felt like this, complained and acted on those complaints regarding corporate greed.
Bolded part is the key. We can complain all we want, but nothing will change until if/when it effects their bottom line. And I really don't see that happening any time soon.

Bolded part is the key. We can complain all we want, but nothing will change until if/when it effects their bottom line. And I really don't see that happening any time soon.

Nothing lasts forever, even Disney. Now they can keep running strong for a long time if they choose. Or they can choose to maximize short-term profits so the current CEO can cash out at max value:rolleyes:. The most likely ways it falls from the pedestal are: 1) Lose identity/corporate culture 2) Over-leverage ahead of a big recession 3) Out pace the market with price increases/decline in services and allow competitors to steal away market share. Now I am sure there are others ways Disney Parks could loose their top spot, but these seem the most likely to me.

Everyone says there's no slow season anymore at Disney World. How much of that has been manufactured by staff cuts in off seasons?

I can recall reports where things like Primeval Whirl and other rides had whole sides shut down during the day.

FWIW, on our last trip (Feb 4-8, 2018), they were only running one side of Dumbo and one track of TSMM was shut down, but that was because of the changes they are making for Toy Story Land.

The rest of the rides seemed to be running with enough CMs to keep them running.

The parks were just very crowded when we were there. At one point, there was a three HOUR wait for Space Mountain.

I don't either.

Not with Pandora, D Springs, Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, Star Wars Hotel, Tron, Ratatouille and Guardians Coaster here and on the way soon.

FWIW, on our last trip (Feb 4-8, 2018), they were only running one side of Dumbo and one track of TSMM was shut down, but that was because of the changes they are making for Toy Story Land.

The rest of the rides seemed to be running with enough CMs to keep them running.

The parks were just very crowded when we were there. At one point, there was a three HOUR wait for Space Mountain.

If I recall, those complaints were coming last spring. It's possible they took notice for future guest satisfaction.

They certainly like to run their staffing very tight.

Anyone there now? Weren’t these fees starting on the 21st? Are there reports on how they are implementing the fees for visitors?

Are they requiring any specific amount of spending, or can anyone stay for three hours for any reason?

How are they enforcing the three hour restriction?

Are there separate lots for overnight and day guests?

Anyone there now? Weren’t these fees starting on the 21st? Are there reports on how they are implementing the fees for visitors?

Are they requiring any specific amount of spending, or can anyone stay for three hours for any reason?

They started only on reservations made on 3/21 or later. I have to imagine that's a pretty small number of people at this point.

And I honestly don't expect any change to how they "enforce" the day guest policy.

They started only on reservations made on 3/21 or later. I have to imagine that's a pretty small number of people at this point.

And I honestly don't expect any change to how they "enforce" the day guest policy.

You don’t think will be a noticeable difference for day guests? The three hour limit is quite a change. I would imagine they have to express the three hour limit when guests arrive if they plan to enforce it. Or aren’t they planning to enforce it? Is the three hour limit supposed to make overnight guests feel better that others get free parking for only a short while, whereas the “real” policy is that the limit is not enforced?

I’m curious because we will be there in just over a week and I think I may cancel my resort visits and meals if I have to deal with parking issues.

You don’t think will be a noticeable difference for day guests? The three hour limit is quite a change. I would imagine they have to express the three hour limit when guests arrive if they plan to enforce it. Or aren’t they planning to enforce it? Is the three hour limit supposed to make overnight guests feel better that others get free parking for only a short while, whereas the “real” policy is that the limit is not enforced?

I’m curious because we will be there in just over a week and I think I may cancel my resort visits and meals if I have to deal with parking issues.
I honestly don't think they're planning to change anything except adding the parking charge to the bill of those staying overnight and arriving with a car. My guess is nothing will change until those paying for parking start raising a ruckus because they can't find places to park.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Just leaving. Didn’t have a car on property but they are definitely checking each car.

I honestly don't think they're planning to change anything except adding the parking charge to the bill of those staying overnight and arriving with a car. My guess is nothing will change until those paying for parking start raising a ruckus because they can't find places to park.

I hope I'm wrong though.
That’s interesting. I actually hope that is how it is. Would make it easier for us to enjoy the other resorts.

Seems underhanded of them, though. Such a shame they don’t want to be honest. I noticed that last time I was there- there seemed to be a policy of “Tell them what they want to hear” rather than “Tell them the truth.”

Nothing lasts forever, even Disney. Now they can keep running strong for a long time if they choose. Or they can choose to maximize short-term profits so the current CEO can cash out at max value:rolleyes:. The most likely ways it falls from the pedestal are: 1) Lose identity/corporate culture 2) Over-leverage ahead of a big recession 3) Out pace the market with price increases/decline in services and allow competitors to steal away market share. Now I am sure there are others ways Disney Parks could loose their top spot, but these seem the most likely to me.

2 and 3 are happening as we watch.

I don't either.

Not with Pandora, D Springs, Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, Star Wars Hotel, Tron, Ratatouille and Guardians Coaster here and on the way soon.

D Springs ??? Come on now, that has nothing to do with this.

But fair enough, here is the thing though. You can enjoy all those things from off site hotels. And I think we are going to see more and more of that. Don't know what the impact on Disney will be ... but there will be impact.

D Springs ??? Come on now, that has nothing to do with this.

But fair enough, here is the thing though. You can enjoy all those things from off site hotels. And I think we are going to see more and more of that. Don't know what the impact on Disney will be ... but there will be impact.

We went from zero DTD visits in 10 years to 3 visits per week to D Springs. Huge improvement and draw for us.

But yes the rest of that list is amazing without the Springs.

That list will be an impact as well.

Last edited:
Well, I acted-sent email. Ill post any results.

Interestingly, I received a phone call from Disney whom asked a few more questions about the email I sent. Not sure what to think-but more and more folks that email the contacts on the first page of this thread appear to be grabbing their attention. Doesn't mean things will change.

Last edited:
Believe me...I run my current iPhone model into the ground...yes I give in and get a new phone, but I always go well over 2 years

I'm still using an iPhone 4S . . .I may be getting a hand me down 6 later this year from a friend who upgraded to the X, but for what I need, the 4S is still working just fine. I don't replace something just because there's a new model. I replace it when it no longer does what I need it to do. With all the nickel and diming Disney is doing, I'll have to hold onto things longer to save more money for vacation . . .

Interestingly, I received a phone call from Disney whom asked a few more questions about the email I sent. Not sure what to think-but more and more folks that email the contacts on the first page of this thread appear to be grabbing their attention. Doesn't mean things will change.
Things likely won't change.
But......
The guy that I spoke to said that the Management were surprised by the overwhelmingly negative responses they have received since the parking fees were announced. He said that the fees seemed to be the "last straw" for many people. I told him that I considered it a slap in the face not only to long term Disney supporters but to anyone who chooses to, or must, drive to the Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter