Palio

miko

DIS Veteran
I would like some opinions about Palio at the Swan. We will be at Swan for our anniversary this year and thought we would give Palio's a try.

We love it! Go there every trip. The strolling musicians are a nice touch and the service is always good. We like to sometimes go late after Illuminations and have a salad and an appetizer. But, we have also enjoyed their veal, fish and pasta. I am not a big pizza eater but their mini ones are very light and delicious. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Enjoy!

We had a wonderful meal there, and the atmosphere seems very different from most of the WDW restaurants - both resorts and parks. It seems more sophisticated and European, I guess. We ate there quite late - 9:00 or 9:30 on a Wednesday, I think, and it was almost deserted. The musicians were very nice, and the food was outstanding.

It is the kind of place that I'd want to bring my parents or older guests - has an old world charm.

We went for the first time in June and loved it! They were especially good at catering to the special needs of our fussy 3-year-old cousin and even fussier 93-year-old grandfather. One of the best meals we had on our weeklong trip.

We have made Palio's a regular on every trip. I absolutely love the tortellini with lobster and so does my DD who is 6. They make up a child size portion for her, which would be just fine for me, also! LOL. The violin player is quite good and plays disney tunes for the little ones. I'm never sure how much to give him for a tip? Does anyone know the proper etiquette for violin player tipping?

We ate there this past June and I am still dreaming of our dinner! Atmosphere and taste made this our most favorite dinner of our entire trip!

Debbie

What is good to order from Palios? Any recomendations?

Lobster Tortellini!!! :p My dh and I ate there for the first time when we got engaged 6 years ago and have a reservation to eat there this weekend for our 5th wedding anniversary. :) It's a special place to us and one of our favorite meals ANYWHERE (not just at Disney). :)

Thanks TigrlvrsPooh! I'm taking notes here! Congratulations on your anniversary and have a great time at WDW!

Muffy>> Anything veal there is positively yummy! I am still dreaming about our last dinner there. I can't remember the name of the dish, but it was fantastic!

Debbie

We ate at Palio last trip in June 2002. We had the first PS at 6pm and had a great table looking out at the grounds of the Swan. Having always liked the resort, it was nice to eat there!!
Our food, service and atmopshere was great! Highly recommend!!! Have fun!

Any dress code or just resort casual? If you got dressed up would you feel out of place?

We were there in May and loved it! It is our new favorite restaurant! There were people dressed in resort casual, as well as those more formally dressed. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. If you want to dress up - go for it!:)

It's definitely a place where you can dress-up if you want.... especially as it gets later in the evening. :) I think it's one of the most romantic restaurants in WDW, the strolling violinist is awesome. :) I can't wait til Saturday!!!! :)

I always tip the musicians - especially if they play special requests. When we were there in May they played several requests for me and then my 12 yr old DS asked for the James Bond theme and Indiana Jones theme. They played them both and he was delighted. They were going on break when we entered the restaurant - it was around 9:30. They saw us and immediately came to our table instead. They always spend time talking with my son. We have been dining there since he was 4! I've always liked the atmosphere and that there are little corners you can be tucked away in if there are larger, noisy tables. Its always been our little secret. Tipping is just something I do naturally - usually $5 but sometimes more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter