Pampered Chef Chicken Ring

holycow

I Am the Rebel Spy
does anyone have a recipe for this. Of course I can't find it now that I want to make it!

Thanks for the help!

Lisa :yay:

Hot Chicken Salad Ring
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
3-4 green onions, sliced
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 TBS butter
almonds, optional

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown almonds in butter in an 8-inch sauté pan. In a bowl, combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, cream of chicken soup, celery, mayonnaise, and toasted almonds (You may save the almonds to put on top of the ring right before baking if you'd rather not have them in the chicken salad, or omit them entirely - it's guaranteed to be good either way!).

Arrange crescent triangles in a circle on a large pizza pan (we used a Pampered Chef "Large Round Baking Stone"), with bases overlapping in the center and points to the outside. Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto bases and press them together with a small roller.

Using a medium or large scoop (or spoon), scoop mixture over the rolls. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove ring from the oven and slice. Serves 16.

Oh, that one sounds yummy!!! but it isnt' the one I was thinking of.

this recipe had chicken, garlic, cheese, broccoli????, and of course I can't remember what else.

Thanks for the great recipe though!

Lisa

Okay...heres something. It's not a ring. But....Chicken & Broccoli Braid

2 cups Cooked Chicken, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup Red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shreaded (1 cup)
1/2 cup moyonnaise
2 teaspoons dill mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls (8oz each)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons slivered almonds.

Preheat oven to 375. Chop chicken and broccoli using FOOD CHOPPER, place in bowl. Chop bell pepper using knife....add to bowl, mix gently. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.

Unroll 1 package of crescent dough, do NOT seperate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of rectangle stone. REpeat with remainig package of dough. Using dough roller, roll dough to seal preforations. On longest sides of Baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inch apart. 3 inches deep (leaving 6 inches in the center for filling) (Of course you could do the ring instead of these steps for the braid)

Spread filling eavenly over middle of dough. To braid lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Contiune alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.

Brush egg white over dough. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 25-28 min or until deep golden brown. Cut and serve.
Yeilds 10 servings.

NI per serving: Cal 410, Fat 27g, sodium 660mg, Fiber less than 1g.

I also found a Florentine Chicken ring. But it has...Red bell pepers, spinach and cheese. (no garlic or broccoli) I'll check my other books and see if I have any other chicken "rings". Myself...I LOVE the turkey ring. :thumbsup2 I haven't made it for YEARS...but with Turkey day comming...I'm looking forward to some leftovers...just so I can make the turkey ring.

Okay...here's another one. Chicken Holiday Wreath

1/2 cup red bell peper, chopped
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
1/4 canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 T onion chopped
1 can (5oz) chunk white chicken, trained and flaked
1 cup (4 oz) shredded colby & Montery Jack cheese blend
2/3 cup canned condensed cream of chicken soup
2 packages (8oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350F. Using food chopper, coarsley chop bell pepper, broccoli, water chestnuts and onions. In Classic batter bowl, flake chicken, with pastry blender. Add Vegetables, cheese and soup; mix well.

To assemble ring; unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points towards the outside. (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of the stone) Using the medium scoop...scoop mixture evenly onto widest end of each trangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (filling will NOT be completly covered) Bake 25-30 min or until deep golden brown. Cut into 8 servings.

NI per serving... Cal 330, fat 20g, sodium 1020mg, fiber 1 g.

scrapperjill said:
Okay...heres something. It's not a ring. But....Chicken & Broccoli Braid

2 cups Cooked Chicken, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup Red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shreaded (1 cup)
1/2 cup moyonnaise
2 teaspoons dill mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls (8oz each)
2 tablespoons slivered almonds.

Preheat oven to 375. Chop chicken and broccoli using FOOD CHOPPER, place in bowl. Chop bell pepper using knife....add to bowl, mix gently. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.

Unroll 1 package of crescent dough, do NOT seperate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of rectangle stone. REpeat with remainig package of dough. Using dough roller, roll dough to seal preforations. On longest sides of Baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inch apart. 3 inches deep (leaving 6 inches in the center for filling) (Of course you could do the ring instead of these steps for the braid)

Spread filling eavenly over middle of dough. To braid lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Contiune alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.

Brush egg white over dough. Sprinkle with almonds.

Bake 25-28 min or until deep golden brown. Cut and serve.
Yeilds 10 servings.

NI per serving: Cal 410, Fat 27g, sodium 660mg, Fiber less than 1g.

I also found a Florentine Chicken ring. But it has...Red bell pepers, spinach and cheese. (no garlic or broccoli) I'll check my other books and see if I have any other chicken "rings". Myself...I LOVE the turkey ring. :thumbsup2 I haven't made it for YEARS...but with Turkey day comming...I'm looking forward to some leftovers...just so I can make the turkey ring.

Hey, that's on our menu for dinner tonight! LOL
I leave out the dill and pepers and add just a bit of ranch dressing. Good stuff!

scrapperjill: That's the one I was thinking of!

I can't wait to try the other ones too..

Would you mind posting the florentine one and the Turkey one? I know I don't have those. We've moved and I still haven't come across my cook books...ugh! (I have about 12 boxes marked Books!

Lisa

Okay...here ya go.

Florentine Chicken Ring

1 Can (10oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 Cup (4oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 packages (80z each) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375F
Flake chicken
Chop bell pepper. Add to chicken along with spinach, cheese, mayo, lemon zest, salt and nutmeg. Mix well.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange in circle on round baking stone (see directions in above post for further 'how to')

Using a medium scoop, scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (filling will not be completely covered).

Bake 20-25min or until golden brown.

Serves 8
NI per serving= cal 400, fat 27g.

Turkey Cranberry Wreath (love this one)

2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 Cups cooked turkey, chopped (about 12oz)
1/2 cup celery, sliced
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 oz Swiss cheese shredded (1 cup)
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (I always leave this one out :rolleyes: )
1 egg separated

Preheat oven to 375F

Unroll crescent dough...separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large round stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and point will extend 1 inch beyond edge of stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center, matching wide ends. Seal seams using roller. )Point will overlap in the center). (The dough layed out will look somewhat like a sun at this point)

Mix mayo, mustard and black pepper into bowl. Add Chopped turkey, Sliced celery and snipped parsley and cranberrys into bowl. Grate cheese into bowl.....Mix filling well.

Using a medium scoop, scoop filling over seams of dough, forming a circle.

Coarsely chop walnuts and sprinkle over filling.

Beginning in the center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outter triangles, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.

Seperate egg. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough. Bake 25-30min. or until golden brown.

Serves 10

NI per serving= Cal 370, Fat 24g, Saturated fat 6g, Cholesterol 40mg, Carbs 22g, protein 15g, Sodium 520mg, Fiber less than 1g.

And just for fun...Here's one I was thinking of doing for Thanksgiving...

Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
Crust: graham cracker crust (you can make your own...I'm planning on buying mine :goodvibes )

Filling:
1 Can (15oz) solid pack pumpkin
2 teaspoons cinnamon spice blend
1 Jar (7 1/2 oz) marshmallow cream
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Additional whipped topping and chocolate leaves.

Combine pumpkin, spice blend, marshmallow creme and brown sugar; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon pumpkin mixture into crust; spread evenly. Garnish top of pie with additional whipped topping (using easy accent decorator) and chocolate leaves; if desired. Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm. Serve immediately.

Serves 12

NI per serving... Cal 250, Tat 10g, Sat Fat 7g, cholesterol 15mg, carb 39g, protein 1 g. Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 2 g.

COOKS TIP: Pumpkin pie spice CAN be substitued for the cinnamon spice blend.

For chocolate leaves, spread melted semi-sweet shocolate or shocolate-flavored almond bark onto a sheet of parchment paper. Wehn chocolate is set, cut 12 leaves using creative cutters. Carefully remove leaves from parchmetn paper. :smooth:

Have you tried the Papmered Chef website? When I used to be a consultant I used to demonstrate a chicken and cranberry wreath which was yummy.

ScrapperJill: THANK YOU So much!

MazdaUK: I have looked at there website but I coudn't find what I was looking for I entered Chicken and Broccoli. Thought it would come up but it didn't. I also thought it was a ring and not Braid, but it still should have come up in the search.

Thanks so much again!

Lisa

holycow said:
ScrapperJill: THANK YOU So much!

MazdaUK: I have looked at there website but I coudn't find what I was looking for I entered Chicken and Broccoli. Thought it would come up but it didn't. I also thought it was a ring and not Braid, but it still should have come up in the search.

Thanks so much again!

Lisa
You can make the chicken and broccoli as a braid or a ring. I got the recipe from a party and she demonstrated it both ways. We love this recipe!

I can't wait to try the chicken florentine. Sounds delicious!

I haven't tryed the Chicken and cranberry wreath...but that Turkey and cranberry wreath is GREAT for leftovers after thanks giving.... I can't wait :cool1:

I sorta go crazy with the PC recipie books...they have so many good things...and they're so easy to make...I think I have just about every one they've have. :goodvibes It's been awhile though....SO I'm sure they've came out with a few newer ones. (Maybe I should add them to my Christmas list. :rolleyes:

In Fl. I had a friend who was a rep. so whenever she needed people for a demo I would go. I've never been disappointed with the recipes they had!

Thanks again. Can't wait to try the other "wreaths/braids"

Lisa

I'm a current consultant and what are the odds, but I have the cookbook which has the rings/braids/wreath recipes in it. All of the recipes call for 2 pkgs of crescent rolls and the difference is just in the way you wrap them.

I just made the Turkey & Cranberry braid for a show this past Sunday. Here is that Recipe:

Turkey & Cranberry

2 cups chopped cooked turkey (trick the host used, buy roast turkey at the deli and just get extra thick slices)

1 1/4 cups shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins)
3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
2 pkgs crescent rolls

1. Preheat oven to 375. In bowl, combine turkey, 1 cup of the cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayo, mustard and black pepper. Mix well.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape. (Let me know if you need shaping info.) Finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Kelleigh1: I need shaping info. PLEASE! lol I just do what I can but if I had the actual instructions who knows what I could do! Also are there any other recipes that aren't mentioned above? I love the ease of these recipes and they taste so YUMMY!

I have to tell you I made the recipe the other night and my family sat there saying.....this is so good! (brocolli and all....my DS18 hid the broccoli from me so I wouldn't put it in there! lol )

Lisa

The other options are Classic Reuben, Beef Taco, Spinach & Artichoke, Chicken Club, BBQ Chicken, Garden Vegetable Omelet. That's just in this one cookbook. There may be others in other cookbooks too.

If you want any of those, I'll have to type them up over the weekend. I don't think my bosses will be too happy if I spend all day typing recipes. LOL

And if you don't mind, I'll post the shaping instructions over the weekend too. I may have some time later today or tonight, but I can't make any promises.

kelleigh1 said:
I'm a current consultant and what are the odds, but I have the cookbook which has the rings/braids/wreath recipes in it. All of the recipes call for 2 pkgs of crescent rolls and the difference is just in the way you wrap them.

I just made the Turkey & Cranberry braid for a show this past Sunday. Here is that Recipe:

Turkey & Cranberry

2 cups chopped cooked turkey (trick the host used, buy roast turkey at the deli and just get extra thick slices)

1 1/4 cups shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins)
3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
2 pkgs crescent rolls

1. Preheat oven to 375. In bowl, combine turkey, 1 cup of the cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayo, mustard and black pepper. Mix well.

2. Scoop filling evenly over desired shape. (Let me know if you need shaping info.) Finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

HEY. :blush: ..isn't that the SAME recipe it typed up just a day or so ago :rolleyes1 .... See a few post above this one...for the one I posted (I did this one Cranberry Turkey wreath, the Florentine Chicken Ring and a YUMMY looking frozen pumpkin mousse pie) I also included the shapping instructions for the wreath. :thumbsup2 ...a couple diffrent ways (one it the post with the three recipies and another method in a earler post). I'm thinking I must have the same cook book as you....which one are you getting it out of?

It's the All the Best cookbook.

I'll be posting all the recipes and tips later. I'm going to see if I can possibly scan and post instead of typing the whole thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter