• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise Pier/Pixar Place Hotel Renovation Updates? Also, no PPH megathread?

aporthole

Earning My Ears
GCH and DLH both have megathreads but I couldn’t find one for PPH nor a primary thread with renovation timelines, rumors, and updates.

Any word on when some of the dining options will reopen there? What is the atmosphere like around the hotel? I’m currently weighing our options for a stay Dec 11-16 but would also like to see a main thread following the reimagining renovations.

Timing… has yet to be announced

we were was just there Labor Day weekend. Right before they started dismantling the sign/facade

I don’t have a problem with the hotel and theming nor the location, but I wouldn’t recommend staying right now. I can only imagine the construction getting worst.

Restaurants are not open. Bell services was limited. Not greeted at the curb. Calling from room to retrieve bags didn’t work. (Staff was there. And eventually someone was at the curb). Staff overall was nice. It’s just there was no effort to counter the lack of amenities. (In past days, our rooms had water bottles on summer days. They used to have characters roam the lobby.) for the first time, I even received a phone call with a live person regarding check in. So I assumed there would be some personal touches. Nope.

The only perk right now is the dedicated entrance into CA. No line every time. This was great.

Last edited:
Timing… has yet to be announced

we were was just there Labor Day weekend. Right before they started dismantling the sign/facade

I don’t have a problem with the hotel and theming nor the location, but I wouldn’t recommend staying right now. I can only imagine the construction getting worst.

Restaurants are not open. Bell services was limited. Not greeted at the curb. Calling from room to retrieve bags didn’t work. (Staff was there. And eventually someone was at the curb). Staff overall was nice. It’s just there was no effort to counter the lack of amenities. (In past days, our rooms had water bottles on summer days. They used to have characters roam the lobby.) for the first time, I even received a phone call with a live person regarding check in. So I assumed there would be some personal touches. Nope.

The only perk right now is the dedicated entrance into CA. No line every time. This was great.
theres the early entry too but for sure not worth the price they charge for that hotel...they ought to charge half what they are

What’s to come will be interesting. It wasn’t a favorite hotel to many here for a variety of reasons. But it always seemed that Surf’s Up Character meals were popular. Better than the others.

We don’t really do Character Meals / buffets. But still had a pleasant experience at the restaurant. And like I said above, the characters would be in the lobby now and then interacting with guests. (Completely unrushed). The coffee shop and even the Sand Bar near the pool were hidden gems. One Christmas we even got Mickey Beignets!

So that being said, The Great Maple is a small local chain. Around here it’s a very modern brunch style place. Not anti-family by all means, but it may not have mass appeal. Has great cocktails. If you didn’t want tropical Trader Sam drinks perhaps this would be the option. Wonder if this would be Disneyfied in any way.

The pool area has always needed help. It’s small and gets really crowded. The new Pixar Splash area looks like it’s where the kid pool is.

Rooms: I’ve always love the park view. When they revamped Pixar pier at CA, they changed the beach ball pillows to the Pixar ball. (Absent this recent stay, though. A Covid thing I’m sure)

Kids TV waiting area was beach theme with cute little Adirondack chairs. Curious what the Pixar theme would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter