• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paradise Pier Superthread

Awesome pictures and updates!

I was hoping if anyone who is staying at PPH soon, if they could post pictures of what they get upon check in ( the paper with the list of things to do in PPH, etc), what type of pressed penny machines and their locations, pictures of anything else, like what is in the gift shop, the games in the arcade and do they take tokens or quarters, etc.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you could take pictures and post with notes, etc on things that are on the GC and DLH super thread, this would help many people who are looking for current information when planning a trip. Hopefully, one of these years when we are able to go, I will definitely post with pictures.

Thanks to all.
Linda

We loved our first stay at the PP last December! The staff were very friendly, and at check-in they made a big deal over my daughter's birthday.
Knowing it was the least expensive of the three, I expected it to be a bit run-down. I was certainly wrong. It's a beautiful hotel! Lovely gift shop, great restaurant, even the bar had a great snack listing (and drink selection when needed!). It was decorated for Christmas with one HUGE tree. Lots of games, great pool. etc.. We loved our room, and it was very comfy. The only downside is that now we want to spend the extra money to stay onsite every trip now!

On a side note, staying here, you can either walk through downtown Disney to get to the parks (lovely walk), or through the Grand Californian to DCA. Do remember the elevators get packed though. I read great tips here on the DIS to "go up to go down" in the mornings (which worked, much to the amusement of others who dared to try my method with me!), and to use the "hidden" elevator, the one that's away from the bank of elevators towards the check-in desk. Most people ignore it.

The pressed penny machines are between the gift shop and the restaurant. That seems to be the only machine there. The gift shop has lots of souvenirs from the park, and some basic snack items. There is a laundry, of course, and a computer room, although the print system can be harrowing. Do that in the morning when you can call for help if needed.
The info they give talks about special kid activities, early morning walking that you can do, the workout rooms, and any special events.

Thanks ... Believe it or not, it was taken with my iPhone 4S

Hahaha, I believe it! I went to a concert on Friday night and brought my iPhone with me... I'm impressed with the camera they got on 'em. It's no DSRL (pro photographer speaking, here) but ya can't discount the iPhone! :cutie:

Hello all who have enjoyed PPP. I have never seen this hotel but it is on my possible list for a 2013 trip. There will be 5 of us - 3 adults and 2 kids (6 and 8). I can only afford a standard room. The beds and sleeping arrangements look sufficient from the pictures. I really love the early entry you get with staying on site. My concern is with bathroom/shower waiting. Bathroom size? Are there double sinks in the bathroom and/or a long counter top? Is there a sink outside the bathroom? For the price spent I could get 2 connecting rooms elsewhere giving us 2 bathrooms. So it comes down to 2 bathrooms vs. early entry in our decision. I lean toward early entry but may need help convincing the other 2 adults. I appreciate any details you experts can give me.

Sjwillia said:
Hello all who have enjoyed PPP. I have never seen this hotel but it is on my possible list for a 2013 trip. There will be 5 of us - 3 adults and 2 kids (6 and 8). I can only afford a standard room. The beds and sleeping arrangements look sufficient from the pictures. I really love the early entry you get with staying on site. My concern is with bathroom/shower waiting. Bathroom size? Are there double sinks in the bathroom and/or a long counter top? Is there a sink outside the bathroom? For the price spent I could get 2 connecting rooms elsewhere giving us 2 bathrooms. So it comes down to 2 bathrooms vs. early entry in our decision. I lean toward early entry but may need help convincing the other 2 adults. I appreciate any details you experts can give me.
Both the rooms we stayed in only had one sink, however there was some space on each side. I thought the shower was average size. I actually liked the configuration of the king suite was better ans offered a bit more space, as the toilet was in its own separate "closet."

Rainforest_Elf said:
Does anyone know if the PPH has iHome docking stations? :)

No iHome docking station. Just a normal alarm clock. We brought our own chargers.

Are your party all accustomed to living together in tight quarters? The PPH rooms aren't small, but I think 5 people, with 3 adults, could be a bit tight if you're not used to it. And the bathroom thing could be a big problem if no one takes nighttime showers. Staying on-site is fun if it's in the budget, but a 7 AM early entry might not be worth it if someone is grumpy from having to get up at 5 AM or earlier so everyone can get to the parks. Or the value will be somewhat lessened if you don't manage to leave the room until 7 AM, wait a while for an elevator, and don't reach the parks until 7:20 or later anyway.

If your alternate hotel is within easy walking distance and is nice, I think I'd probably lean toward that, personally. I think I'd rather be slightly cramped than have to drive or take ART to the parks though. :crowded: > :drive:

We are staying at PPH from 10/29-11/03! I have a quick question about their laundry room. :laundy: Is it open to the public? Or do I have to use room service to do my laundry? My DD uses cloth diapers and I'd rather do my own laundry. Thanks in advanced!

The laundry room is located on the 2nd floor just down from the gym and it's open 24hrs. which is GREAT. You'll need your room key to gain entry and there's a couple of chairs and table for folding clothes but what's really great is the TV mounted on the wall. It's 2 dollars to wash and 2 to dry. You put your dollars or coins in the machine which is located in the laundry room and it gives you tokens which the machines accept.
We hope you have an awesome time! :)

I have a couple questions about PP as this will be our first trip in February to DL EVER! I have reservations at PP in standard room and after reading this thread, it seems that i am hearing that the walk to DL or DCA is pretty easy, especially with shortcuts through Grand Californian... Is this accurate? Also, I am also wondering about the day bed in the rooms. Would a teenager be comfortable in this bed or is it really meant for younger children? I am still debating between PP and BWPPI (mini suite). I am just so interested in staying in the magic at a Disney resort but am really watching the costs this trip. Thanks!

I have a couple questions about PP as this will be our first trip in February to DL EVER! I have reservations at PP in standard room and after reading this thread, it seems that i am hearing that the walk to DL or DCA is pretty easy, especially with shortcuts through Grand Californian... Is this accurate?...
Yes ... it's right across the street. Walk through the GCH's main entrance and as you enter the main lobby turn left for DL (Through DTD) or continue straight and use the GCH's entrance to DCA.

I stayed at the PP for 1 night back in February and we liked it so much we are staying again in November!! This is our annual family trip and we always stay at the GCH, but switched it up this year and we got a 2-bed suite at PP!! We are so excited! You really can't beat the theme park views and sometimes the walk is shorter depending on where you room is at the GCH!!

Also, I am also wondering about the day bed in the rooms. Would a teenager be comfortable in this bed or is it really meant for younger children?

The two times we've stayed at the PPH my husband (5'10") has taken the daybed and it worked fine for him :)

Taking the shortcuts thru GCH what's the approximate time to talk from PPH to DCA or DL?

We stayed at HOJO last year and it was about 7-10min depending on our tired legs:rotfl:

I have stayed at PP several times, along with DL Hotel, GC, and VGC. I like them all! But the view from upper floor, park view, is stunning!

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

Also, I am also wondering about the day bed in the rooms. Would a teenager be comfortable in this bed or is it really meant for younger children?

I'm 5'3" and have been MOST comfy in it.

Yes ... it's right across the street. Walk through the GCH's main entrance and as you enter the main lobby turn left for DL (Through DTD) or continue straight and use the GCH's entrance to DCA.

Big note is to ignore the signage at PPH for the parks. Just don't pay any attention, it takes you the long way. Go out the FRONT doors of PPH (or out the doors next to PCH Grill...those work to come in, too) and head over to the crosswalk to the Grand.

awdsmama, I mapped HoJo to the center of the esplanade as being .48 mile or .46 mile, depending on if you walked on the hotel side of Harbor or the Disney side, respectively.

I mapped PPH to the same spot, through the Grand, as .45 mile. But it's a really pleasant walk. :) I don't particularly mind walking on the Disney side of Harbor from HoJo, but the car exhaust can change how you feel about the beauty of the day. With the PPH walk, you just have that one crosswalk to deal with cars, then the cars are done with (until you hit Radiator Springs or Autopia of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter