Park crowds

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Insane today here at DHS. Nothing is really enjoyable, even with FP and reservations. Can’t come close to enjoying Star Wars land because it’s so crowded. Can’t get food at counter service without lines out the doors and down the blocks.

It just does not feel like a place for kids anymore. Too overwhelmingly crowded, lines too long, too expensive, too hot. I’ve been coming here for 25 years and there used to be things to enjoy with little ones but now, even though so much is offered, the lines are crazy and just too long for the little ones.

Not doing this again with the grandkids for a long time. Anna and Elsa will have to wait cause my babies just don’t have the stamina.

Jmho for this family.

Dee

To be fair, you did pick one of the most crowded weekends! I'd highly recommend using the app to order food at the counter restaurants. Makes a huge difference and there are many options for counter service that use that.

DHS under the current FP tiers was always going to be a horrible option this weekend. I took a quick look at MK and didn't have problems finding a number of decent FP options in the next couple hours with just a few refreshes. Not sur e if you have hoppers or but with little kids I think HS would be a few hour park at most before a break and heading to something with some more options.

I feel your pain. As a Grandpa who has been coming to the parks annually the past 25 years, and bringing my two "princesses" a couple of weeks ago, I had a really downer of a day our last get a way day thinking "this is too much anymore, too many people, even in the off season". So much so that we are not looking to go back for a couple of years, after all the construction is complete. I am a huge fan of the company and the parks, and recognize that they do need to make money in the so called "off season", but it is ridiculous crazy now even in those down times that we used to love in the past. With pre-planning and Fastpasses, we got to do EVERYTHING we wanted to do with our little girls, but the crowds are insane. I'm hoping to target the week or two right after Thanksgiving for a future trip, but still counting on high crowd levels.

We came over to ak on a whim after the morning at aquatica. Park is slammed but on the way over we grabbed dinosaur, everest,and FoP. So the parks are manageable but expect crowds to be massive

To be fair, you did pick one of the most crowded weekends! I'd highly recommend using the app to order food at the counter restaurants. Makes a huge difference and there are many options for counter service that use that.

DHS under the current FP tiers was always going to be a horrible option this weekend. I took a quick look at MK and didn't have problems finding a number of decent FP options in the next couple hours with just a few refreshes. Not sur e if you have hoppers or but with little kids I think HS would be a few hour park at most before a break and heading to something with some more options.

We’re teachers. Off this week. Flights home next weekend are exorbitant. We have no options but to travel on school vacations. We know that means busy. I have never in all my multiply trips over the years, seen it like this (maybe Christmas/New Years but we don’t travel then).

So while we knew it would be crowded, a line out the door and down the street to get into counter service pick up, longer for no pre-order, and not being able to walk the streets is a bit too much for us. The resort/pool/bar and community hall for the little ones is a happier trip for all. Cutting parks for a bit. Make room for others 😉

If you need to go over a holiday weekend, next time may I suggest Labor Day weekend. Half the crowds.

Way way way too hot for us. I’ll consider cutting out of work in January before I could handle September. We’re making a great vacation with our family....just not prioritizing the parks for the next few days.

Thanks for all suggestions.

We’re leaving for home. MK looked quieter today then Saturday, but DHS wait times are nuts. But FoP was 245 min! 😮

Way way way too hot for us. I’ll consider cutting out of work in January before I could handle September. We’re making a great vacation with our family....just not prioritizing the parks for the next few days.

Thanks for all suggestions.
Understood! I was there in September last year and there’s no other way to describe the weather except gross.

Insane today here at DHS. Nothing is really enjoyable, even with FP and reservations. Can’t come close to enjoying Star Wars land because it’s so crowded. Can’t get food at counter service without lines out the doors and down the blocks.

It just does not feel like a place for kids anymore. Too overwhelmingly crowded, lines too long, too expensive, too hot. I’ve been coming here for 25 years and there used to be things to enjoy with little ones but now, even though so much is offered, the lines are crazy and just too long for the little ones.

Not doing this again with the grandkids for a long time. Anna and Elsa will have to wait cause my babies just don’t have the stamina.

Jmho for this family.

Dee
Ppl say to pick another week blah blah...but not too long ago there was a thread about the crazy jan crowds & ppl said it’s always crowded (and it is). I feel your pain. It’s fine with adults or older kids & you can plan things out to a tee. But it’s not conducive to little kids anymore & I find that disappointing. We are trying one last time next week with a new strategy. If it’s not enjoyable we will just have to wait til DS is much older. But, I find that very sad 😔.

We’re teachers. Off this week. Flights home next weekend are exorbitant. We have no options but to travel on school vacations. We know that means busy. I have never in all my multiply trips over the years, seen it like this (maybe Christmas/New Years but we don’t travel then).

So while we knew it would be crowded, a line out the door and down the street to get into counter service pick up, longer for no pre-order, and not being able to walk the streets is a bit too much for us. The resort/pool/bar and community hall for the little ones is a happier trip for all. Cutting parks for a bit. Make room for others 😉
So you’re saying that the line was that bad for pre order pick-up? If so, now that everyone is catching on to using that it’s not going to be the big time saver it was supposed to be. Before DS, we used to avoid stuff like that by eating TS at every meal. But DS is 22 mos so doesn’t do well sitting at TS long but waiting in a line line that for mediocre to bad CS food is beyond obnoxious.

So you’re saying that the line was that bad for pre order pick-up? If so, now that everyone is catching on to using that it’s not going to be the big time saver it was supposed to be. Before DS, we used to avoid stuff like that by eating TS at every meal. But DS is 22 mos so doesn’t do well sitting at TS long but waiting in a line line that for mediocre to bad CS food is beyond obnoxious.
Eat CS lunch early. As soon as the restaurant opens. Eat dinner early, 3-4ish. It’s my number one tip for relaxing meals in the park no matter what the crowd levels are. Too many people rely on mobile ordering mid day, then have nowhere to sit.

Eat CS lunch early. As soon as the restaurant opens. Eat dinner early, 3-4ish. It’s my number one tip for relaxing meals in the park no matter what the crowd levels are. Too many people rely on mobile ordering mid day, then have nowhere to sit.
What’s early for lunch? Is it like 11? I don’t find dinner to be as much of a problem probably that’s when more ppl do a TS.

What’s early for lunch? Is it like 11? I don’t find dinner to be as much of a problem probably that’s when more ppl do a TS.
Most CS places open around 11am. It depends on the time of year and crowd levels though. Sometimes they open as early as 10:30am.

Update from last night: back in DHS! My boarding group got called! Group 84. I’m exhausted but I’m on line now and going for it! Waited an hour, got through first part of ride(hanger). Then it broke down and they had us all leave with a fast pass to ride tomorrow only and a DHS Entry ticket (1 day) ticket good for two years.
Monday:
We return this morning. Get to ride to FP it, but we can’t because it’s down again. Really disney? Charge through the nose for something you cannot provide for when your customers choose to be here. Don’t open rides that aren’t ready to open.
2nd screw up- they took the one day entry from a 3 day pass (today was supposed to be Epcot day and it expires tomorrow AK park day) NOT from the complimentary pass. Told us to see guest services at ROR. Waited about 20 minutes to speak to cast member. She can’t help. We have to go to guest services at entrance to park. Spent a day and a morning on this so far. My son In law only comes here 1 x every 2 years. This is for him. I’m an AP holder. However this turns out, I’m done with this park from the minute I leave.
Coming back for my timeshare and to finish my AP in Epcot and AKP- favorites. No more AP’s. One park a day ticket every two years. They just lost that money from this gal.

We return this morning. Get to ride to FP it, but we can’t because it’s down again. Really disney? Charge through the nose for something you cannot provide for when your customers choose to be here. Don’t open rides that aren’t ready to open.
I'm with you on this point. They announce new attractions way too far in advance, they bust chops to get them completed, then there's all these breakdowns. They test these attractions for weeks, how is it brand new rides break down so much? Do they breakdown during the testing but open them anyway to meet a hyped opening day?

Sorry for the crowding experience. If you do consider taking time off during January please remember that the first week or two is still slammed from Christmas, and you'll want to stay away from MLK weekend.

We traveled 2/6-2/9 ... visited all 4 parks ... over a long weekend ( I honestly never do that I try and avoid weekends in the parks usually ) so I expected some crowds and waits but .. I really does impact the vibe of your well thought out trip when you have to wait forever to go to the bathroom or order a CS meal or even just walk anywhere lol.. I had planned on using my snack credits on some yummy food but mostly just couldn’t wait on the long lines for it ! So much time wasted on lines for everything and the little things I take pleasure in ( snacks) never seemed worth the wait ! Crowd was a supposed 6 but felt like a solid 8 lol 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter