Park entrance

StephieLou

Earning My Ears
Will be starting our week long Disneyland vacation on December 7. We have always tried to rush to the parks early to avoid lines at both security and the main gate, but we always arrive to lines.

What time do we need to arrive to get right at the front of the line? We are staying at the Hilton Garden, is it better to take an Uber rather than waiting for the ART? DO they still do the ''family of the day'' for opening, if so how does that work?

Thanks!

I was at Disneyland in June 2017. For both mornings I was at security area for 7.30am and in line at the entrance turnstiles for 7.45am. I stayed at Dessert Inn and Suites and just walked across Harbour Boulevard. For the security line, both mornings I went to the very far right, the last on on the row. There is one security line but 2 security booths. This therefore moves faster than the one line per booth.

Will be starting our week long Disneyland vacation on December 7. We have always tried to rush to the parks early to avoid lines at both security and the main gate, but we always arrive to lines.

What time do we need to arrive to get right at the front of the line? We are staying at the Hilton Garden, is it better to take an Uber rather than waiting for the ART? DO they still do the ''family of the day'' for opening, if so how does that work?

Thanks!
Are you trying to get to the parks before opening to avoid entrance lines, or to be there for rope drop and take a chance at being Family of the Day?

If you are trying to be first in line, hoping for some Family of the Day magic, then I've heard you need to be at the security entrance at least an hour before EMH/MM-probably pushing more like 90 minutes. If you are trying to avoid waiting in lines at the gate just because you hate waiting in lines at the gates, then if you wait for 10-20 minutes after rope drop to get to security, lines will move very quickly.

It seems to be hit or miss if they actually *do* a Family of the Day. I tend to see a post here and there about it, but not often anymore. No idea when/how often they do it now, but it doesn't sound like it's a common event anymore. There's also not an opening ceremony like at WDW (or like they show on the Disneyland Singalong Songs video).

I'd take Uber over relying on ART to be running on time... but I tend to get anxious sitting waiting for something (aka, ART) to show up or be running late, rather than knowing my Uber should be x minutes away.

Great info! Thank you. I think we'll try for family of the day once, then just be early to (try to!) avoid the crowds on some of the other days.​

I was at Disneyland in June 2017. For both mornings I was at security area for 7.30am and in line at the entrance turnstiles for 7.45am. I stayed at Dessert Inn and Suites and just walked across Harbour Boulevard. For the security line, both mornings I went to the very far right, the last on on the row. There is one security line but 2 security booths. This therefore moves faster than the one line per booth.

Thank you!

I aim to arrive 1 hour before opening and am almost always first or second in line. I Uber to the parks if I’m not staying within walking distance and ask that they drop me off at Captain Kidd’s.

I aim to arrive 1 hour before opening and am almost always first or second in line. I Uber to the parks if I’m not staying within walking distance and ask that they drop me off at Captain Kidd’s.
Does that make it cheaper?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter