Park hopper tickets available for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent a day at DS in August. We personally are not returning for a several day trip until park hopping returns.

This could easily return if before leaving a park you would goto a desk a grab a pass to park hop to another park if space available. We enjoy the other parks but really enjoy eating dinner at Epcot ( like everyone else. Lol)

I think this would bring in more money. Also would have People like us return faster.

Yeah we're not going back until hopping is an option, we like ending the day in Epcot.

WDW approach to PH tickets seems confusingly optimistic.
  • They were telling those of us who had Aug-Dec 2020 vacations, "don't cancel your PH until the last minute, just it case hopping comes back." It didn't come back in 2020.
  • They are selling PH tickets for 2021 even though it's obvious they are a long way off from any real operations changes.
Is it a hustle to earn interest off our packages? I don't think so, we don't pay up front. It's just odd and confusing to sell PH before hopping has been decided.

I think Disney is trying to make any money they can, so while they might not be actively "hustling", they will gladly take your money upfront, keep the interest and then give you a refund. :D Actually, as a business model, it isn't a bad gig. As a person, it wouldn't make me feel "warm and fuzzy" knowing that I am lying to people. But I guess that is why I don't run a multi-billion dollar business.

I think Disney is trying to make any money they can, so while they might not be actively "hustling", they will gladly take your money upfront, keep the interest and then give you a refund. :D Actually, as a business model, it isn't a bad gig. As a person, it wouldn't make me feel "warm and fuzzy" knowing that I am lying to people. But I guess that is why I don't run a multi-billion dollar business.

I wouldn't disagree, but most of us aren't giving them the PH money up front...I only give them $200 until the billing deadline.

All they seem to be doing is sowing confusion.

So, I just saw park hopper tickets for sale and it says you do need park reservation but also that you can visit any of the parks via hopping... I am confused about how this will work? Anyone have any info on this?
Looks like it’s coming back Jan 1 and they’ll still be using the reservation system. Of course your hopping will be subject to PP availability for the park you want to hop to. So wonder if our end up not being able to hop if they’ll credit your hopper purchase.

If/when they drop the reservation system, I wonder how that will impact boarding groups for ROTR. It was just recently changed so that you can book a boarding group at 7am on the day of your DHS park reservation, which is an improvement from the previous process that required you to be scanned into the park which led to big crowds and long waits at the Skyliner at rope drop. This change tells me that the reservation system likely is a longer term solution. Behind the scenes, I presume they use the park reservations to track and manage crowds and projections which allows them to create models for future changes (both if numbers go up or for a slow progression to normal), and also for staffing needs.

I think its more likely they will roll out hopping again before the reservation system is dropped, but hopping will be intertwined with the reservation system. As PP said, perhaps you will have to reserve a second park for your hop. Or you'll be limited to one hop per day. Or you'll have the ability to go on the app to see which park has capacity to hop to. Something like that. For us, it would diminish the value of the park hopper pass if there are limitations like that, and its also not even worth hopping unless/until they extend park hours.
Josh D'Amaro said ther reservation system is here for the long term

Josh D'Amaro said ther reservation system is here for the long term
Right, I know its in place at least through the end of 2021. Wonder how reservations will be now with park hoppers returning.

Im closing this thread since we know have confirmation on park hopping returning in January. For ticket questions please head to the sticky thread managed by Robo
For discussion on park hopping head to the newly open park hopping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter