Park hopping with kids

We always park hop. With our 3 kids. Typically it involves going to one park in the morning, back to the resort in the afternoon and then a different park that night.

But, we have done 4 parks in one day as well. I mean, it's not really a big deal.

We always park hop. We are not afternoon break folks but find that we park hop to have ADRs in another park than we may plan to spend the most of our day or maybe we want to spend the day in AK but watch the fireworks in MK. Crowds and wait times also come into play or sometimes the kids are just like hey we really wanna go ride this so we just hop on transportation and go to it.
It just adds so much flexibility to our day I can't imagine not using them. As far as hopping with kids, we always have and it's never an issue. The older they get the easier, since then you don't have strollers and such to deal with as you are moving around.

I think where you stay also influences this answer to this question in addition to having young kids--- at least it does for my family. When we stayed at AoA with kids that were 3 and 1, we had the park hopper for flexibility but we didn't really use it. We forced ourselves to try a second park on our last day. It was just hard for us to do that with our kids-- we just tried to get a full day out of each of the parks we were at. I really disliked packing them up and taking more than one or two bus rides a day. It just wasn't all that efficient for us and we would have gotten less done (not more) if we tried to do two parks the same day. And if they napped at the resort, it would have been really hard to get them up and out for hours at night. So we just stayed out all day at one park from RD to dinner.

However, having bought into DVC, we stay at BWV when we go now. Even thought we have three kids (including 1yo) and a fourth on the way, we hop into Epcot or DHS nearly every day for food, dessert, drinks or a late night ride or fireworks. It's just so easy. I imagine that anyone staying at a Monorail resort, BC and YC might say the same thing. It's just easy to hop around, especially if you are there more than a few days. I would probably still get hoppers if I was at a different resort, but I'm not sure how much I would use it and I would probably kick myself when the trip was over. But staying at BWV, we use the hopper all the time and don't find it inefficient at all. We can always stroll the little ones (sleeping or not), right into the parks.

Hopping with kids who don't need strollers is so easy a caveman can do it. If it's a planned hop, setup those FP's for your second park in the event that your 2nd park is quite busy. If it's impromptu, take everything as a bonus and go to enjoy the environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter