Park Hopping

HMANSION LOVER

PIN TRADER
Do they offer park hopper like in the US. I looked at the website and cannot figure out if it is offered. Anyone know? Also does anyone know if they do the customized maps like at WDW? :confused3

Do they offer park hopper like in the US. I looked at the website and cannot figure out if it is offered. Anyone know? Also does anyone know if they do the customized maps like at WDW? :confused3

They don't. You have to buy a 3-day ticket or more to hop. The first two days you have to stay in one park (one day in each I think), only on the third day and after can you hop between the two. This is the only way I know to do it, there may be another but I don't think so.

Metaboy2 is right. First two days, you can't hop. You will have to pick a park for the first day and the other park for the second. Third and fourth, hop away.

Isn't there a special 'secret' ticket you can buy if staying at one of the Disney hotels that allows hopping from day one? It's not advertised, but I've heard this mentioned by several people.

Isn't there a special 'secret' ticket you can buy if staying at one of the Disney hotels that allows hopping from day one? It's not advertised, but I've heard this mentioned by several people.

It's not really a secret - just not well known. See item #8 at http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/about/rh/dh_tokuten.html.

Also, on most weekends an after 3pm ticket is available, and on most weekdays an after 6pm ticket is available, so they can be used to "sort of" hop between the parks.

Yes, you can purchase 3/4 hopper tickets if you stay at the three Disney Resort Hotels (MiraCosta, Ambassador & Disneyland). I can't remember if they offer 1/2 day hoppers for resort guests. A 4-day hopper was an additional $60 USD for two adults and two children over the regular 4-day ticket. We splurged for this option; however, having never been to either resort before, we didn't hop the first two days.

We found that takes about 30 minutes to hop between TDL to TDS and about 20 minutes from TDS to TDL. Either way, we did park hop later as we knew which attractions we wanted to ride again, restaurants to eat at and shows to watch.

Each park can be enjoyed within a single day; however, you'll find restaurants to try that would take longer than 4 days. Also, don't forget to allow time to shop in either park or outside at Ikspiari or Bon Voyage (we never made it there ourselves).

With all this said, I'd recommend saving the extra money for park hopping the first two days and spend it somewhere else.

Either way, you will enjoy the time in both parks and don't forget the popcorn :) (both parks have the same flavors; however TDL has a Star Wars Bucket while TDS has a Duffy Basket). We didn't buy either, just a round Mickey Mouse bucket, Lavender Minnie Mouse Bow & Little Green Men (Toy Story).

Yes, you can purchase 3/4 hopper tickets if you stay at the three Disney Resort Hotels (MiraCosta, Ambassador & Disneyland). I can't remember if they offer 1/2 day hoppers for resort guests. A 4-day hopper was an additional $60 USD for two adults and two children over the regular 4-day ticket. We splurged for this option; however, having never been to either resort before, we didn't hop the first two days.

We found that takes about 30 minutes to hop between TDL to TDS and about 20 minutes from TDS to TDL. Either way, we did park hop later as we knew which attractions we wanted to ride again, restaurants to eat at and shows to watch.

Each park can be enjoyed within a single day; however, you'll find restaurants to try that would take longer than 4 days. Also, don't forget to allow time to shop in either park or outside at Ikspiari or Bon Voyage (we never made it there ourselves).

With all this said, I'd recommend saving the extra money for park hopping the first two days and spend it somewhere else.

Either way, you will enjoy the time in both parks and don't forget the popcorn :) (both parks have the same flavors; however TDL has a Star Wars Bucket while TDS has a Duffy Basket). We didn't buy either, just a round Mickey Mouse bucket, Lavender Minnie Mouse Bow & Little Green Men (Toy Story).

Very helpful, thanks very much! :thumbsup2 I was wondering about a lot of this myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter