Park Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
My trip is creeping closer and Im very excited. I just decided to check park hours for the end of April, it looks like they are only loaded for up until the week before we arrive. So I did a quick glance at the hours for each park on the days we would be going the following week. The hours really are that short huh? Im seeing Epcot 11-7, Animal Kingdom 9-5, etc... I didnt realize they were opening that late and closing that early!

They’ve been posting a general schedule like that and then extending some of the hours closer to the date. It’s not guaranteed though so you might be stuck with some shorter hours, especially during the week.

I saw the same thing.
The end of April seem really short.
If crowds are low, that won't be a problem.
Hoping they extend before we get there.

I saw the same thing.
The end of April seem really short.
If crowds are low, that won't be a problem.
Hoping they extend before we get there.

It actually is a problem, even with low crowds. A large part of the Magic of Disney happens after dark. And, with the hours posted for end of April, none of that happens. I realize these are unprecedented times. But, I don't care how small the crowds are or how short the lines are, but Disney is not Disney if there are no fireworks, there are no lights on Main Street, if I'm not riding Dumbo or the PeopleMover with the park all lit up, etc.

Last edited:
It actually is a problem, even with low crowds. A large part of the Magic of Disney happens after dark. And, with the hours posted for end of April, none of that happens. I realize these are unprecedented times. But, I don't care how small the crowds are or how short the lines are, but Disney is not Disney if there are no fireworks, there are no lights on Main Street, if I'm not riding Dumbo or the PeopleMover with the park all lit up, etc.
Very true. I'm just trying to lower my expectations.
And will be happy just to be back at this point.

Yes, patiently waiting on May--and kinda tough to compare at this point, since April is slightly different with Spring Break/Easter hours. Picking restaurants in a couple weeks, so hoping hours will be out before then.

Those are the "standard" hours that Disney has been posting ever since last fall about 60 day in advance, then sometime 2-4 weeks in advance, they get extended based on anticipated crowds. It may be they are extended only an hour, or it may be they are extended late into the night. Nobody really knows this far in advance any more.

So, what's the general thought on spring break time? I would think that they might extend spring break week(s) similar to the recent hours. Thoughts?

Well, we are 2 weeks out from March 4 and looks like standard hours, hmmm...I'll be there shortly after that, hoping for some MK extended hours until at least 8 or 9, maybe some pixie dust on extended hours, let's gooo!!

Well, we are 2 weeks out from March 4 and looks like standard hours, hmmm...I'll be there shortly after that, hoping for some MK extended hours until at least 8 or 9, maybe some pixie dust on extended hours, let's gooo!!
March 4 hours have been extended for a while now. All parks are open one more hour than the standard. Further extensions are not likely since that is a weekday and too early for spring break.

March 7 and onward are standard hours currently, but I expect that will change.

March 4 hours have been extended for a while now. All parks are open one more hour than the standard. Further extensions are not likely since that is a weekday and too early for spring break.

March 7 and onward are standard hours currently, but I expect that will change.
Ok, good point. Hoping for longer hours on March 7 and/or into March 9 so we can have a full day at MK!

New park hours have been released for the week of 3/7. Along the same lines as the previous week with the exception that MK will stay open until 8pm on Monday, 3/8.

New park hours have been released for the week of 3/7. Along the same lines as the previous week with the exception that MK will stay open until 8pm on Monday, 3/8.
Great! Although I don't see them updated on MDE, maybe still refreshing or need to logout/login again?

If hours haven't been extended by the week before, it probably won't happen, right?

My brother's family is visiting me in Tampa next week. We're going to MK on Wednesday (the 24th) and it's still showing a 7:00 closing. I'm really disappointed that my little nieces won't get to experience MK at night on their first trip. I'm trying to console myself that Disney must be anticipating low crowds if they're closing at 7:00, but as nice as that will be, I want to be in the park at night!

If hours haven't been extended by the week before, it probably won't happen, right?

My brother's family is visiting me in Tampa next week. We're going to MK on Wednesday (the 24th) and it's still showing a 7:00 closing. I'm really disappointed that my little nieces won't get to experience MK at night on their first trip. I'm trying to console myself that Disney must be anticipating low crowds if they're closing at 7:00, but as nice as that will be, I want to be in the park at night!
That is exactly right. This is all driven by anticipated crowd levels, so you should be in for low-ish crowds. Of course, we have also been there when mk closed at 6pm, so it is not the absolute lowest crowd estimate of they extended to 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter