Park reservations

Dumbo7

Mouseketeer
How far ahead are people booking park reservations? We’re going in October and I’m curious how far ahead I should be planning. We’re former annual pass holders and haven’t been since marathon weekend 2020. Unclear how different things are now. We generally did rope drops and extra magic hours.

Many book park reservations as soon as they have tickets, realizing they may be changing them as time gets closer and their plans change. Going around holidays or especially busy times (e.g. Jersey week) is another reason to book early.

I always book park reservations as soon as I know our travel dates. We have AP but if I had to purchase tickets, I would book as soon as I purchased tickets. Also - I don't always know *exactly* which parks on which day we will be going to so I book 1/2 of the days at MK and 1/2 of the days at HS knowing that those are the ones that will potentially sell out and I can switch a park reservation to AK or Epcot once I make our trip itinerary.

I have been trying to book park reservations yesterday and today, and I keep getting kicked into a login loop! so frustrating.

We're going in Oct. and made park reservations as soon as everyone had their tickets

We usually book as early as possible. However, I have not booked them for our July trip yet. I still see wide availability. I need to determine tours, ADRs, and parks still. I used to use AM EMH to pick the park, but now it's kind of a coin toss.

I might have missed it somewhere, but if you have park hopper option, do you need to make another reservation for the park your going to before 2 pm? Do you have to report to the original park you made reservations for first?

I might have missed it somewhere, but if you have park hopper option, do you need to make another reservation for the park your going to before 2 pm? Do you have to report to the original park you made reservations for first?

From everything I’ve read, yes, you must tap in to the original park you have reservations for first before hopping to a second park. You do not have to have a reservation for the second park.

You only make a reservation for the park you go to first.
Ar 2pm you can hop to any park you want, but, yes, you do need to swipe in at the park you reserved before you can hop at 2

How far ahead are people booking park reservations? We’re going in October and I’m curious how far ahead I should be planning. We’re former annual pass holders and haven’t been since marathon weekend 2020. Unclear how different things are now. We generally did rope drops and extra magic hours.
As early as I know I'm going even if the calendar is wide open. I know I will usually change the dates but I will also add we don't book that far in advance. We usually only schedule our time at WDW 1-3 months out.

I think it makes sense to reserve *something* immediately after purchasing tickets. Maybe Magic Kingdom for every day since that seems the most likely to fill up. For our trip in Sept, my family has a first guess at parks reserved but once we start making dinner reservations, we can just swap days around as needed. Except around holidays, I haven't heard of the parks actually hitting their reservation limit until fairly close to the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter