Park Tickets from 3rd Party Question

mmastro719

Earning My Ears
Hello all

I'm looking into renting DVC points for the first time from DVC Rental Store. They quoted me a price for tickets which seems really low compared to Disney. Has anyone used them or another 3rd party for park tickets? Just wondering if there's any disadvantages getting them from somewhere other than Disney directly.

Thanks

We have used Undercover Tourist several times with no issue. I think our tickets were about $90 lower than the Disney price for four five day park hoppers. Not much per ticket but it will cover a good part of a table service tab.

Other authorized third party sellers that I have heard of Maple Leaf Tickets, Park Savers and Orlando Ticket Center (I may be slightly off on the name.) I am not aware of DVC Rental Store tickets. You may want to go the the DVC board and ask some of the posters.

We used Official Ticket Center last year, price was pretty good compared to Disney, and absolutely no problem with the transaction, or the tickets.

If it seems "really low," I'd double check the ticket and options. Legitimate ticket discounts are rarely more than a 4% discount.

We have used Undercover Tourist several times with no issue. I think our tickets were about $90 lower than the Disney price for four five day park hoppers...

That's under $23 per ticket lower than the Disney price.
mmastro719, is the DVC Rental Store savings per ticket greater than that?

They don't offer tickets or ticket prices on their website, just a solicitation for "quotes."

Thank you everyone. The person from DVC Rental Store misquoted me. She is claiming a "system issue" amongst other things. I had a feeling it was too good to be true. I will check out the sites you all mentioned. Thanks so much for your help

I got 7-day park hopper tickets through undercover tourist, we decided to stay and few extra days and now I need to upgrade my tickets to 9-day park hopper tickets! Was told I had to upgrade them once onsite at disney. Am I going to have any trouble adding the two extra days once I am there?

In a related issue - if you buy 3rd party tickets, can you still get the Disney Dining Plan? I "heard" you need to buy a "package" from Disney in order to get the Dining Plan. Sorry - I'm a bit confused. thanks!!

In a related issue - if you buy 3rd party tickets, can you still get the Disney Dining Plan? I "heard" you need to buy a "package" from Disney in order to get the Dining Plan. Sorry - I'm a bit confused. thanks!!
If you are buying the dining plan you can purchase tickets through a third party, but you will need to call (cannot be done online) to book a "ticketless package." It will follow all the rules of a package (deposit of $200, final payment date is 30 days before arrival date, fees and penalties for any changes made within 30 days of arrival, etc.)

Free Dining and Stay, Play, and Dine are examples of specials that have a ticket requirement that must be included to take advantage of the special offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter