Park was pretty jammed today!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I suspect that AP holders are aware of the impending blackout and wanted to take as much advantage of their privileges as possible. Alas, this will be my last day at DL for about a month, since I'm going back to Chicago for the holidays. No doubt the park will feel all the better upon my return.

One nice thing that happened today: around 8:20 -- just after I exited Mr. Toad -- a woman approached me and said "Are you Rob?" She recognized me from Disboards! That was nice. She even asked to take a selfie with me :-).

Wasn't in a big picture-taking mood today but I managed to grab a few. I always like to be the first in the park so I can bring ya'll a nice fresh pic of a mostly-vacant Main Street. Enjoy!

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

Buzz #1.jpg

IMG_3823.JPG

Alas, this will be my last day at DL for about a month, since I'm going back to Chicago for the holidays.
Wasn't in a big picture-taking mood today but I managed to grab a few. I always like to be the first in the park so I can bring ya'll a nice fresh pic of a mostly-vacant Main Street. Enjoy!
View attachment 288078
Rob
Your pic of the Buzz scoreboard has you listed 9 out of 10....
Did you let anyone else on the ride? hehehehe...

I enjoy your posts of the parks, it's my way of seeing what's happening from home. Thank you
Safe travels to Chicago for the holidays.

Geemo

Rob
Your pic of the Buzz scoreboard has you listed 9 out of 10....
Did you let anyone else on the ride? hehehehe...

LOL. Well, recently I added MaxPass to my AP so getting FPs for Buzz is even easier. Moreover, return times are pretty close to pull times, which I why I was on the ride so many times today. Often when I get a good score and am about to leave the park (like today), I tell myself "Oh, come on: just one more game." It's kind of addictive :-).

I enjoy your posts of the parks, it's my way of seeing what's happening from home. Thank you
Safe travels to Chicago for the holidays.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy them. It's always great to get home for a bit. Weather both sucks and blows but that's Chicago ;-).

Happy holidays!

Love your pics! What’s the secret to scoring high on Buzz? I remember you mentioning it before.. going for a certain shape? I want to try when I’m there next week.

Lol, we live in the Chicagoland area and you are coming here for Christmas and we are headed to DLR....talk about crossing paths :rotfl:. Thank you for the pictures, I really enjoy them. Have a safe trip!!

Great pictures, like always. We were there on Sunday too, granted we got there in the mid afternoon and stayed til midnight. I was actually surprised at the low crowds! I was expecting second week in October-level crowds because of the blockouts, but this was heaven to us! During the last hour-hour and half of park closing, we were doing walk-ons of all the rides. We even got our own boat on Pirates! I'm guessing as the week progresses, it will get worse though.

Our perception might be skewed because of when we've been able to go, but we were really impressed with the crowd levels this trip.

I'm guessing as the week progresses, it will get worse though.

I was there today with my toddler son from 9:45 to 2:15 and I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd levels. Even arriving so late (8:00am park opening) we rode Dumbo, Alice, Storybookland Canal Boats, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Snow White and Pirates, and also went up Tarzan's treehouse, met Woody in Frontierland, did the Disney Junior Dance Party, shopped and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe with no reservation and no wait (because we ate in the bar area, would have been a 20 minute wait for a regular table, which really isn't bad for 1:30 in the afternoon during the holidays!). I would have thought today would be a madhouse with the AP blackout taking effect tomorrow, but we had such a great day!

Last edited:
I was there today with my toddler son from 9:45 to 2:15 and I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd levels. Even arriving so late (8:00am park opening) we rode Dumbo, Alice, Storybookland Canal Boats, Mr. Toad, Pinocchio, Snow White and Pirates, and also went up Tarzan's treehouse, met Woody in Frontierland, watched the Disney Junior Dance Party, shopped and had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe with no reservation and no wait (because we at in the bar area, would have been a 20 minute wait for a regular table, which really isn't bad for 1:30 in the afternoon during the holidays!). I would have thought today would be a madhouse with the AP blackout taking effect tomorrow, but we had such a great day!
I was shocked at how nice the crowds were on Monday as well. It was busy, but nowhere near as bad as last year when I went. I prepped my friend (who has never been to DL), that it was going to be crazy packed. The longest wait I saw for the rides was 60 minutes for Space Mountain. That's long, but during high attendance days it can easily get to 120.

I was shocked at how nice the crowds were on Monday as well. It was busy, but nowhere near as bad as last year when I went. I prepped my friend (who has never been to DL), that it was going to be crazy packed. The longest wait I saw for the rides was 60 minutes for Space Mountain. That's long, but during high attendance days it can easily get to 120.

On Sunday afternoon through Tuesday mid-afternoon, I'm pretty sure we waited in nothing longer than 10-15 minutes (with the exception being IJA when it went 101 just before we got on). Never did hit rope drop, got there about an hour after park opening on both Monday and Tuesday.

As of now, sounds like last week was the busiest so far- at least I felt Wed Thurs and Saturday were busy. Was at DCA most of Friday. So no the first week of December is not really slow this year, but the second week seems to be. Curious to hear what it is like next week since they have the shortened hours. Based on the room occupancy rate. not surprised last week was busier than this week. Wanted to add-MaxPass did make the busy times much more manageable.

Last edited:
One nice thing that happened today: around 8:20 -- just after I exited Mr. Toad -- a woman approached me and said "Are you Rob?" She recognized me from Disboards! That was nice. She even asked to take a selfie with me :-).
I meant to post this but just have not had the time.
upload_2017-12-14_12-52-49.png
I've seen other Dis'ers before, and didn't want to come out of my shell enough to approach them, and regretted it. So Sunday I decided to be bold. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter