• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Grand Californian

m_adelaide

Earning My Ears
We are using a friend's DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian. We are the registered guests, but we are not DVC members. Does anyone know if we'll be charged for parking? I see that a DVC perk is free parking at the hotel, but not sure if that transfers to us staying in a DVC room on a friend's points.

:cool1:yes.... you should receive FREE SELF PARKING ! Charges for valet NOT self parking if using points for reservation! :thumbsup2

DVC parking will be free for you. When I use someone else's points (after mine are exhausted), free self-parking is automatically attached to the room (it's even printed on your key).

Drive up to the hotel and drop off your party/luggage, then circle back and cross the street to park your car. It's a quick walk across the street. Even hauling luggage in the heat, it wasn't so bad.

The self-parking lot is sandwiched between Downtown Disney (old AMC theater) and Paradise Pier.

When I use someone else's points (after mine are exhausted)

LOL! ^^

Do you need the room key to show parking attendant on the way in? Or do you take the parking ticket and then show room key on the way out? I've only returned rental cars to that lot before.

LOL! ^^

Do you need the room key to show parking attendant on the way in? Or do you take the parking ticket and then show room key on the way out? I've only returned rental cars to that lot before.

On your first day, they'll just ask for your name to confirm you're a guest and let you in. Whenever you leave (for a day trip or to check out), I use my room key to exit.

If you go out of the resort for the day and want to drop guests back off at the hotel front, there's a keyholder lane on the far right you can use. Just dip the key and the gate opens.

Make sure you check your folio for charges on your check out day. Last November, we stayed on our own points (for the umpteenth time) and were charged for self-parking. I had to call to get the charges removed and refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter