• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at VGC

Drewmama

Mouseketeer
I have a points stay for a 1 bedroom. My niece and fiance are our guests but will need to drive in separately. Will parking for their car be free or is it limited to 1 car per reservation?

Right from the site:

Parking
Convenient self-parking is available at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles for Disney Vacation Club Members. This amenity is available during your points reservation stay.
Valet parking is also available for a charge.

Which site?
When I went to the site, I could only find this and it doesn't mention GCV.
The DVC Member site is usually where you will find all such information.

But it is 2 cars per reservation, which is annoying if you have a 3 bedroom grand villa, as you will often have more vehicles than that there.

But it is 2 cars per reservation, which is annoying if you have a 3 bedroom grand villa, as you will often have more vehicles than that there.

When I look at DVC site, it only mentions WDW resorts, Vero and HH. That's why I asked specifically about Villas at Grand Californian. Seems like West Coast gets treated differently or why would they not mention it?

The FAQ on the DVC site doesn't mention 2 car max. I can't find the page that was posted by crvetter.

I don’t think they have any way to check how many cars park per reservation. You just go park in the lot and when leaving scan your room key instead of a parking slip and paying the fee.

I remember anytime we had guests staying in the villas with us that used valet parking that the DVC member is charged per car on reservation. So they pay ME then I pay ENTIRE valet charge. They would NOT let my guests pay individually. Also, we also were told about the 2 car FREE SELF PARKING.

I remember anytime we had guests staying in the villas with us that used valet parking that the DVC member is charged per car on reservation. So they pay ME then I pay ENTIRE valet charge. They would NOT let my guests pay individually. Also, we also were told about the 2 car FREE SELF PARKING.
The exception is if you handicap placards or.plates, then you need to speak with the front desk and the valet charge is waived for the member for that vehicle. But you should still tip appropriately.

And as far as I am aware, this policy is specific to VGC and only when you are members staying on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter