• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

parking benefits w/ "unofficial" hotels?

yvgfjayne

Earning My Ears
Do you get the resort parking benefit if you stay at one of the Downtown Disney hotels not run by Disney but on the property? Do these places still feel like your on site. I stayed at Disney Inst. before and loved it - although it was less themed and rather distant. Thanks!
yvgfJ

No, unfortunately free parking at the parks is not a perk if you stay at the DD resorts. However, if anyone in your party has an annual pass, you can still park for free.

I dont know if I should share this with everyone since I think Disney will change their policy but here it goes. To park free, on day one drive your car to one of the luxury resorts (GF AK etc..) stop at the gate and say that you are meeting someone for brunch. They will then give you a parking pass ( only once did we have to pay). The pass will have a date on it ,but if you put it on your dash and cover the date a little bit with a map etc..then drive through the entrance gates like you own the joint, the attendants will just wave you through. Its allways worked for us and saves enough for 4 or 5 drinks at an EPCOT resturant. Have fun......TAZ

Also see if the offsite hotels have a free shuttle to and from the park. That will save you on the parking fee.

Thanks tazdeb for the neat hint! But be careful as you might catch flack from the fanatics for beating Disney out of there 6 bucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter