ParkSavers...My Experience

Yes, and this is like the Achilles Heel of the ParkSavers ticket ordering info.
Why, don't they simply FULLY EXPLAIN it right there on the order page?

I'll bet it has cost them hundreds of orders.

Yup - add 1 more to that. Many thanks for everyone's info and patience, but I just went back to my old friends at UT and bought my ticket. And I notice that UT is stating in all caps words to the effect of REDEEM ANYTIME (can't remember the exact phrasing), so it sounds like they're aware of this. I am the person who paid full price to Disney for my park ticket the year people were reporting problems with linking 3rd party tickets to MDE because I didn't want any hassle. Simplicity and familiarity go a long way with me. Others' mileage may vary.

Thanks again.

It has now been a little while, so I'll share my experience. I took a chance on Parksavers and bought one ticket.

Initially, they sent me the wrong ticket, as in - they completely sent me somebody else's ticket. While the ticket didn't contain much personal information about that other person, it was a little bit disconcerting to be sent someone else's ticket!

They apologized and sent the correct ticket when I contacted them.

I've used UT many times, and never had a problem. I also REALLY appreciate UT's return policy. I've never actually returned a ticket, but it is nice knowing I COULD.

A few years ago, a family member had to cancel a WDW visit. I was very impressed by their customer service and terms. As it happened, WDW ticket prices went up just as I was going to return it, so I kept it.

I also REALLY appreciate UT's return policy. I've never actually returned a ticket, but it is nice knowing I COULD.
Since MDE has come on-line, you cannot return a ticket to UT once you link it to MDE.
And, if you don't link it to MDE, you can't make FP+, so that makes things even more complex.

Since MDE has come on-line, you cannot return a ticket to UT once you link it to MDE.
And, if you don't link it to MDE, you can't make FP+, so that makes things even more complex.
Good point.

Technically, MDE existed when this happened, but FP+ wasn't up and running.

(The tickets we used showed in my MDE account. I think they still are there.)

Nevertheless, this is a very important point. WDW seems to be moving slowly more and more in the direction of locking guests into (non-refundable or difficult to modify) commitments long before they arrive on property.

the new motto sees to be, "Make it as hard as possible for guests to change their mind."

I was actually all set to get my tix from ParkSavers last week, but when I got to the payment page, I saw they don't take PayPal anymore. I was planning to put it on my PayPal Credit--which I did with PS last year--so I wouldn't have interest for 6 months. That stopped me right there. BTW, UT doesn't take PayPal either.

I'll likely be picking up Disneyland tickets from them as soon as 2017 dates go live...though I will probably price comparison shop between a few of their competitors first.

For anyone that has ordered from Parksavers, check your account. I ordered in Sept. And was billed 9/23, checked my account today and the amount (1531.10) was deducted. I called Parksavers and they said it is a glitch they are working on. Should I give it a few days or dispute the charge with my credit card company now?

For anyone that has ordered from Parksavers, check your account. I ordered in Sept. And was billed 9/23, checked my account today and the amount (1531.10) was deducted. I called Parksavers and they said it is a glitch they are working on. Should I give it a few days or dispute the charge with my credit card company now?
@hiroMYhero, since you're the only mod I "know", have you heard of anyone having this problem with parksavers?

@hiroMYhero, since you're the only mod I "know", have you heard of anyone having this problem with parksavers?
You are the first one to report such an error in the transaction amount.

Are your tickets already linked up to your MDE account? If so, you can't ask for a refund. So, I would suggest calling your credit card company for advice especially if your CC payment is due soon.

You are the first one to report such an error in the transaction amount.

Are your tickets already linked up to your MDE account? If so, you can't ask for a refund. So, I would suggest calling your credit card company for advice especially if your CC payment is due soon.

Thanks for the quick reply. I linked my tickets immediately to MDE when I received the numbers. So, you don't think I could ask for a refund of the 2nd charge?

And it sounded like a large amount of customers were affected. The rep I spoke with said they had a number of double charges and they were working with their payment processing center. She stated they would notify all affected this afternoon, so I guess I'll be OK to wait until tomorrow before calling my credit card company. I just wanted reassurance this is not a common thing.

Thanks for the quick reply. I linked my tickets immediately to MDE when I received the numbers. So, you don't think I could ask for a refund of the 2nd charge?

And it sounded like a large amount of customers were affected. The rep I spoke with said they had a number of double charges and they were working with their payment processing center. She stated they would notify all affected this afternoon, so I guess I'll be OK to wait until tomorrow before calling my credit card company. I just wanted reassurance this is not a common thing.
For the 2nd (double) charge, it would be fine to give Park Savers a day to rectify everything. I wasn't sure if you had been double-charged or if there were an error in the total.

There's another thread regarding discounted tickets and Park Savers is price-matching. It may apply to you especially considering Park Savers' "glitch" so you may want to ask about it:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/southwest-park-ticket-offer.3555469

For the 2nd (double) charge, it would be fine to give Park Savers a day to rectify everything. I wasn't sure if you had been double-charged or if there were an error in the total.

There's another thread regarding discounted tickets and Park Savers is price-matching. It may apply to you especially considering Park Savers' "glitch" so you may want to ask about it:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/southwest-park-ticket-offer.3555469

Thanks. Yeah, I see where I wasn't clear in my 1st message. I was in fact double charged. They charged 9/23 and then again 10/18.

Thanks for that link!

There isn't a reason to make a dispute with your credit card company if they are in the process of reversing the charge. Wait a few days.

There isn't a reason to make a dispute with your credit card company if they are in the process of reversing the charge. Wait a few days.

Thanks, it just scared me. I've had double charges post before but never weeks apart. I was also concerned that the transaction is dated 10/18 and I had to call to find out about this glitch.

So, this is the email I received from Parksavers. Honestly, if it only takes a couple of days that's fine. Well, not horrible. However, it can take up to 2 weeks! We'll be at Disney then. Disney who we specifically budgeted for and now over $1500 of our emergency fund is tied up. I'm newly pregnant and highly emotional and can not think of a proper response.
Sorry, add to deleted the screenshot as it contained my phone number. This is the email:

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for contacting us! We are just finishing up the email that explains this situation as best as possible.

We do not have a specific timeline as to how soon the 2nd charge will be dropped. Parksavers is applying as much pressure as possible to our payment processor to drop the duplicate charges and sincerely hope they will do so within the next two days. As we are approaching a weekend, the charge might still be on there over this coming weekend to be cleared Monday or Tuesday. As with all banking institutions, it could take up to two weeks, but I highly doubt this is the case and Parksavers will take alternative action to help you if the situation gets that drastic.

Please let me know if that is an issue. We absolutely agree that this situation is not appropriate and want to help you as much as we can, and as soon as possible.

Alaina H.

Parksavers.com

So, this is the email I received from Parksavers. Honestly, if it only takes a couple of days that's fine. Well, not horrible. However, it can take up to 2 weeks! We'll be at Disney then. Disney who we specifically budgeted for and now over $1500 of our emergency fund is tied up. I'm newly pregnant and highly emotional and can not think of a proper response.
Sorry, add to deleted the screenshot as it contained my phone number. This is the email:

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for contacting us! We are just finishing up the email that explains this situation as best as possible.

We do not have a specific timeline as to how soon the 2nd charge will be dropped. Parksavers is applying as much pressure as possible to our payment processor to drop the duplicate charges and sincerely hope they will do so within the next two days. As we are approaching a weekend, the charge might still be on there over this coming weekend to be cleared Monday or Tuesday. As with all banking institutions, it could take up to two weeks, but I highly doubt this is the case and Parksavers will take alternative action to help you if the situation gets that drastic.

Please let me know if that is an issue. We absolutely agree that this situation is not appropriate and want to help you as much as we can, and as soon as possible.

Alaina H.

Parksavers.com

I totally understand your concern and frustration, and this situation is awful, but I would encourage you not to file a dispute on the charge at this point. Doing so is really for when a business fails to make things right. I would reply to their e-mail and explain your situation just as you explained it to us. Let them know you have to get the credit before you leave. It sounds like they understand two weeks isn't acceptable and will figure out another way to help you if it comes to that. If you want, you can try to ask them for something extra or a discount as compensation for all the trouble. This situation totally sucks and nobody wants the hassle of having to deal with this, but that's what I would do. I'm sorry this happened to you!

I totally understand your concern and frustration, and this situation is awful, but I would encourage you not to file a dispute on the charge at this point. Doing so is really for when a business fails to make things right. I would reply to their e-mail and explain your situation just as you explained it to us. Let them know you have to get the credit before you leave. It sounds like they understand two weeks isn't acceptable and will figure out another way to help you if it comes to that. If you want, you can try to ask them for something extra or a discount as compensation for all the trouble. This situation totally sucks and nobody wants the hassle of having to deal with this, but that's what I would do. I'm sorry this happened to you!

Thanks! I was running on very little sleep yesterday and am coming down with a cold add to that my pregnancy hormones and I should have not been allowed to do anything yesterday! I was able to get some good sleep last night and woke uip to an email shwpowing they have refunded. Now I just wait for it to post!

Parksavers has truly done a great job so far, my 2nd email I received was personalized with the name of the customer service agent that had emailed me previously, I thought that was a nice touch.

This would be a common response as the merchant can't say how long it would take your credit card company to put the charge through on your end of things. For instance, when you cancel a reservation at Disney, they will tell you the credit could take 2 billing cycles to show up on your credit card. For me, it has only been a few days.

This would be a common response as the merchant can't say how long it would take your credit card company to put the charge through on your end of things. For instance, when you cancel a reservation at Disney, they will tell you the credit could take 2 billing cycles to show up on your credit card. For me, it has only been a few days.

Yes, and I understand that's the standard response, however if I were the one cancelling I would be more understanding. I do not expect to pay for items twice however, no matter where I'm at, especially 3 weeks apart. I would have also appreciated being informed of a double charge before I discovered it on my account. That is the Only thing I think they handled horribly. They were aware of a glitch when I called, I should have already been informed.

I was actually all set to get my tix from ParkSavers last week, but when I got to the payment page, I saw they don't take PayPal anymore. I was planning to put it on my PayPal Credit--which I did with PS last year--so I wouldn't have interest for 6 months. That stopped me right there. BTW, UT doesn't take PayPal either.

Orlando Ticket Club takes paypal...I've used them several times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter