Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Hey Gang!!

Only 7 more days until the Food & Wine Festival begins.

And

Only 8 more days until Marcel and I go to check it out for the afternoon and to get the festival guide booklets!!!

Can't wait to see what seminars they have in store for this year.

Can you tell I'm just too excited!! :yay:

I'm so excited too :D :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :dance3:

The other day, I was going through a drawer and I found some wine charms we bought at EPCOT back in 2003 at the F&W Festival. They are mickey heads and engraved on the back say EPCOT 2003!!

I forgot I even had these.

Melissa, they look similar to what you are making.

Just wanted to pop in say "Greetings!" to my favorite group of PFTSers! :goodvibes

I can't believe the festival opens next week - woo hoo!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it, Jeanne. Thanks again for offering to send the programs - I'm looking forward to planning things out even more once I see it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Just wanted to pop in say "Greetings!" to my favorite group of PFTSers! :goodvibes

I can't believe the festival opens next week - woo hoo!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about it, Jeanne. Thanks again for offering to send the programs - I'm looking forward to planning things out even more once I see it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I know!
We're heading out September 29th to do the preliminary check-out. This will be the first year that we manage to go more than once! Looks like we have at least 3 visits planned, which means I can sample EVERYTHING.
Well, everything vegetarian, anyhow.

Happy Friday, and to those of you on the same pay schedule as us, happy PAYDAY FRIDAY! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Is everyone getting excited?!!!!!!! I know I am! :banana: :cool1:

Did y'all read that the tasting seminars are in the old Wonders of Life Pavillion this year? Sounds out of the way, but the lines are inside instead of waiting in the heat. So that will be good, hopefully make it worthwhile hoofing it from the WS to FW.

:cool1: I'll let you all know in 10 days since thats when I arrive. :cool1:

Did y'all read that the tasting seminars are in the old Wonders of Life Pavillion this year? Sounds out of the way, but the lines are inside instead of waiting in the heat. So that will be good, hopefully make it worthwhile hoofing it from the WS to FW.

I was surprised about the festival headquarters being all the way over at the Wonders of Life Pavillion. I can't wait to see how they utilize the space. Waiting in the AC is going to be heaven.:cloud9:

Oooh, I'm so excited!! Only 16 days left... I think... This from a teacher, who can't count properly, lol, that's why I teach social studies!!

The pics of the food look wonderful! One question though... didn't the quesadilla in Mexico have chorizo & chicken in it the last few years?

Oooh, I'm so excited!! Only 16 days left... I think... This from a teacher, who can't count properly, lol, that's why I teach social studies!!

We're excited too! We leave in 12 days! :banana:

And I totally understand the counting thing. What makes it worse in my case is that I work in finance / lending. :lmao:

The pics of the food look wonderful! One question though... didn't the quesadilla in Mexico have chorizo & chicken in it the last few years?

Yes, you are correct. The last couple of years actually, it was a chicken and chorizo quesadilla - one of our favorite snackies (along with some Dos Equus or a Fiesta Margarita). I hope they haven't changed it.

We're excited too! We leave in 12 days! :banana:

And I totally understand the counting thing. What makes it worse in my case is that I work in finance / lending. :lmao:
Ha, so now I don't feel so bad. Math was never my strong suit! Funny thing is I started out teaching social studies and now since I teach emotionally handicapped students I teach all subjects but really dislike the math and science aspect of it. Oh well, I am certified in all subjects now so that's a plus!!:thumbsup2

Yes, you are correct. The last couple of years actually, it was a chicken and chorizo quesadilla - one of our favorite snackies (along with some Dos Equus or a Fiesta Margarita). I hope they haven't changed it.
I've been noticing that it says only chorizo in the quesadilla, which would be so disappointing. I have this unhealthy love for all foods mexican or Tex Mex so this is always my fave booth that we hit up like 3 to 5 times in a visit! I am buying the festival cookbook just for the chilaquile recipe, those things are sooooooo yummy:love: ... and it doesn't hurt that all the other wonderful food recipes will be in it too!:banana:

Hi There --- we are new to the forum and our family will be at Disney October17th - 23rd. My wife and I have three children, we will be staying at POP Century and would be very interested in meeting up with you all. Where are you all going to be on the 20th and what time ??? Thanks

Chuck & Michele Guill

Hi There --- we are new to the forum and our family will be at Disney October17th - 23rd. My wife and I have three children, we will be staying at POP Century and would be very interested in meeting up with you all. Where are you all going to be on the 20th and what time ??? Thanks

Chuck & Michele Guill

Hello and welcome to the DIS! We are all attending Party for the Senses at 6:30PM on Saturday, October 20th. It's a separately ticketed event in Epcot as part of the Food & Wine Festival. There will be a group of us sharing a few tables that evening - please feel free to join us if you'll be there! :goodvibes

Well, I see Jeanne & Marcel did make it this past weekend!!!!! I received a little gift in the mail this evening!!!!! :banana: :cool1:

Jeanne, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THE FESTIVAL GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thanks:

Let the planning begin!

Well, I see Jeanne & Marcel did make it this past weekend!!!!! I received a little gift in the mail this evening!!!!! :banana: :cool1:

Jeanne, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THE FESTIVAL GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thanks:

Let the planning begin!

Hooray - I hope that means I can look forward to one soon, too! I can't wait to hold it in my greedy, graspity hands! :lmao:

Everyone be sure to check your mail...I also received a little gift in the mail yesterday. I'm going over all the events today. So much food so little time.
Thank You Jeanne & Marcel.

Beckie

Hooray - I hope that means I can look forward to one soon, too! I can't wait to hold it in my greedy, graspity hands! :lmao:

:laughing:

Everyone be sure to check your mail...I also received a little gift in the mail yesterday. I'm going over all the events today. So much food so little time.
Thank You Jeanne & Marcel.

Beckie

Beckie, I've said the same thing on another thread! The only difference was " So much food AND DRINK and Soooo little time!!" :laughing:

With all the math checks going on here I had to count my days on the calendar! And it's not 16 like my ticker says but only 15!!!! Probably cus we kept adding days on the front & end of the trip!

Well I'm just excited for a vacation!! I was just changed from teaching learning Disabled students to teaching Emotionally Handicapped students and I'm ready to cry at the end of everyday. They are so frustrating! And I know they are actually sick but it's just frustrating when a 14 year old child doesn't see why running around the cafeteria and throwing bananas is wrong! Especially frustrating when their parents don't understand the problem either!

Ok... vent over! So F&W Fest HERE I COME!!!!!!!! in 15 days, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter