PAST--RiddleCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding in Mskanga's girls and Kitty's boys, we are up to 10 girls and 4 boys. And enough teens to send them off on their own.

IF we can come, I would think we would be staying 1 or 2 nights. Probably drive on Friday and Sunday since it is about a 16 hour drive from here. We would be interested in group rates and a Saturday lunch. No kids unless I can find some to rent for the weekend!:p

Thinking of arriving either Thursday night or Friday moring. There will be either 2 or 3 of us.
I would love Breakers Express and a group rate.
Would love to get together as much as possible over the weekend!:D I'll head home early eveing Sunday.
Would also love a groupl rate on park tickets!

Okay, this time I consulted Will ;) and this is what we've come up with:

Which days will you be coming?
We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon/evening. :)

How many will be coming in your party. If kids are coming, how old are they?
Right now, definitely Will and I, but my mother may come with us and maybe another DISer. :)

If you are staying over, where will you stay? Do you want to try to get a group rate somewhere?
We're not quit sure where we would be staying. It just depends on what rates we can find on the hotels in the area. :)

Are you interested in attending a group lunch/dinner? Which day/meal would work best for you?
Yes we are! Either and all would work for us! :)

Will you need to purchase park passes? Do you want to try to get a group price on them?
Yes we will and yes we would. :)

As of right now I think Luis will still be joining me for this one. So just the two of us. We would be interested in group discounts for tickets and possibly for the cheapest hotel up there. I don't know if we would stay the night or not but if the price is right we might.

Count me in, Bernie. No hotel (I'm one of the locals). DD and possibly her best friend, probably Saturday, maybe Friday evening, possibly Sunday. Group meal will be great if it is on a day that I am there, no passes as we will probably have season passes by then. Oh, and the kids are (or will be) 15.

We live very near to CP but could be easily talked into staying over! We've stayed at Sandcastle Suites, beautiful but $$$$ and Breakers Express, very nice hotel, nothing fancy.

No tix needed.

Group lunch/dinner would be fun!

Kids....maybe but it would be more fun without them.
We could be there everyday but Sunday morning.

I posted a thread about Season Passes to CP. $89
Also if someone is a AAA member, we have purchased large amounts of tickets from there in past years (church youth group) to save money IF there are not enough people to get the group rate. AAA tix are good ANYDAY and are returnable if not used.

Someone mentioned Soak City. It is very fun and I'm game for that too!

I was pregnant last summer so I missed all the fun at CP. Going when you are 8 mo pregnant and riding only the train and the boat (and the bathroom ride ;) ) is really boring! I'm looking forward to a fun summer there this year! All the better with my DIS friends! :):Pinkbounc :o

Not sure...probably whatever most everyone else is doing.

Myself, DH, DS14, DD14 & DS7

If you are staying over, where will you stay? Do you want to try to get a group rate somewhere?
Definately interested in a group rate

Are you interested in attending a group lunch/dinner? Which day/meal would work best for you?
Yes we are! Either and all would work for us!

Will you need to purchase park passes? Do you want to try to get a group price on them?
Yes we will and yes we would.

I *might* be able to make it on Saturday. Still working on it. If I come, it will probably be just me & DH. No hotel. Group Lunch/Dinner on Saturday would be great. :)

I'm always up for good "Bernie Clobbering" !!! :teeth:

;)

Looks like Maggie and I are going to be there. . looking forward to it!! :) :) :bounce:

Looks like a great date, Bernie! We would probably arrive Friday and leave Sunday. My DH might come too, and 1 or 2 kids.

I would definitely be interested in a group rate at a CP hotel. **WARNING** Cedar Point willl charge you $25 if you cancel your hotel reservation, so be very sure that you will stay there. I expect rooms to be over $100 per night, so we may just use our Holiday Inn Priority Cob points for a free stay. :)

I just checked rates at CP for August 1 and 2. Interestingly enough, the regular rate for 2 nights at Breakers Express is $308, vs $300 for the least expensive room at the Hotel Breakers - which is right at the park.

Thursday or Friday to Sunday

One, very SLIM chance of two

Sure

Yes, anywhere, anytime

Yes, sure

I'm looking forward ot meeting you Dan! I always enjoy the pictures you post from the meets you attend:D I will be very careful exiting the restroom in Cedar Point.....;) :p :D

LOL Lars! I just saw those "bathroom exit" pictures last night - you are wise to watch out for the camera when you exit!

Oh, wow...I would LOVE to be able to go this meet! I know NOTHING about Cedar Point (I will look at the web-site) or even how far it is from here?? Dan....help??? IF we came, it would be just Mark (DH) and I....staying over for sure, a lunch/dinner meet for sure! :) Will have to think, think, think and get back to you!:)

Originally posted by NancyIL

I just checked rates at CP for August 1 and 2. Interestingly enough, the regular rate for 2 nights at Breakers Express is $308, vs $300 for the least expensive room at the Hotel Breakers - which is right at the park.

and Hotel Breakers, I think, is right on the beach!:cool:

Ok...there is some definite to us. I made a decision last night and then talked to dh ;) ;) ;)

As of right now it will be dd and I. We are probably going to go with the package at Lighthouse Point and get a cabin or cottage so we won't need a room with a discount and we won't need passes because they are included in the package.

We will be leaving very early Friday morning so we can make some stops on the way (loved Marblehead when we were there 5 years ago so we want to stop there and venture possibly over to Kelly's Island) so we will probably be there late afternoon on Friday. Probably not interested in a dinner thing on Friday but definitely lunch/dinner on Saturday and possibly breakfast on Sunday. We won't leave until close to checkout so we can relax as this will be the end of my vacation until December!!!!

If dh comes we will just get his ticket through AAA so don't count on us for rooms with the discount or tickets with the discount but....

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE THAT MIGHT BE COMING THAT I HAVEN'T MET YET!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I forgot to mention - dd is 13 if that matters to anyone. Sounds like there will plenty that the kids COULD go off on their own, at least for some of the day but if we do that - there has GOT to be some coaster riders that will ride with me - usually that's dd's job and she loves it!!!! :D:D:D:D:D We will plan on bringing our two ways also and I'd be willing to let families borrow them if needed! (I have about 10-12 with subcodes.

We might look into this. We are trying to get onto the web site right now, but it must be affected by that virus thingy.

Chris-
I would be interested to hear more about Lighthouse Point and thier cottages/cabins. Are they are part of Cedar Point or just near by....(not too familiar with the area).....???

Yes, Kitty - Hotel Breakers is right on Lake Erie. :) The hotel is quite old, but it's got location, location, location!

By the way - I already made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandusky using hotel points, because I'm CHEAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter