PAT time

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hi

Im going to need to be up at 5am UK time on Monday coming to sort online check in

can I just pick my pat time and go back to bed or do I need to have other things ready like photos of everyone, passport numbers etc

just want to make sure I’m ready as I’ll be half asleep as it is lol

You will need travel information such as flight numbers and times, passport, headshot and credit card info. Some have reported choosing that they are driving to get through faster and going back later and adding flights

Hi

Im going to need to be up at 5am UK time on Monday coming to sort online check in

can I just pick my pat time and go back to bed or do I need to have other things ready like photos of everyone, passport numbers etc

You can't avoid uploading photos/passport info, but you can say you're driving and using cash (and go back to update those later).

You'll have to upload ID photos and passport pictures and provide the info before you can select a PAT.

Hi

You have to get through all the passenger info and passport stuff first. PAT selection is one of the last things unfortunately.

You can't avoid uploading photos/passport info, but you can say you're driving and using cash (and go back to update those later).

This is what I did (also a 5am UK check in). I know that I'm so tired when I wake up that there was a chance of me getting info wrong so I had everything typed up in a note on my phone ready to copy and paste - full names, dates of birth, phone numbers, address, passport details (number, date of issue, date of expiry), and emergency contact details (name and phone number of someone not sailing with you).

You can speed run through by selecting cash for the onboard account and driving for the travel info, then select a PAT and go back to sleep! I went back in that night and updated with the rest of the details.

What do you mean by upload passport photos? I haven’t done this since 2019.
You will have to upload a photo of each passenger's passport (or birth certificate if they are not using a passport as their citizenship document). This is in addition to the 'ID' photo of each person (just their face, shoulders up, no glasses, etc.).

This thread gives you a lot of great info on what you'll need to have prepared (and tips for how to make the process go smoothly!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-have-prepared-for-online-check-in.3885775/

I couldn't do 5am, I am lightweight, so I did it in about 15 mins at 6am and got a PAT of 12.15pm

I was sort of kicking myself that I didn't get up earlier but all in all I figured I had traded max 30 to 45 mins of ship time for an extra hour in bed. For me that's worth it!

You will have to upload a photo of each passenger's passport (or birth certificate if they are not using a passport as their citizenship document). This is in addition to the 'ID' photo of each person (just their face, shoulders up, no glasses, etc.).

This thread gives you a lot of great info on what you'll need to have prepared (and tips for how to make the process go smoothly!): https://www.disboards.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-have-prepared-for-online-check-in.3885775/
Thank you!

the fact that people are saying leave account at cash etc makes it sound like every second courts as early times will go fast

i guess being a family of 4 is a disadvantage to those with less too 😂

the fact that people are saying leave account at cash etc makes it sound like every second courts as early times will go fast

Every second counts because every extra second means the website could go down and you'll be sitting there for 3 hours waiting for it to start working again! (Don't ask how I know.)

I think recent reports seem to indicate that with the staggered check in according to status the system is much more reliable again for check in. Also, if you are Platinum or Gold waiting until the next morning might not mean a very late boarding group at all.

Every second counts because every extra second means the website could go down and you'll be sitting there for 3 hours waiting for it to start working again! (Don't ask how I know.)
I, guessing you haven’t had a great experience with check in

If you want a good PAT, then yes, every second counts. Though as others have noted, since moving to the staggered online check in it seems to be a bit better. And yes, more people means more photos to upload, more info to enter, etc. Best I can tell you is have everything ready to go, including all the info typed out so you can just copy/paste. Again, that thread I linked will give you some great ideas.

But if you're not keen on a super early PAT, then you don't have to rush. And keep checking back even after you've checked in-sometimes earlier PATs open up closer to sailing (happened to me in April, was able to move my PAT up half and hour and four boarding groups by checking back).

Also keep in mind that if you will be taking DCL Transfers from a WDW resort or the MCO Hyatt, a PAT isn't needed. So no rush to complete it at 5am.

I, guessing you haven’t had a great experience with check in

I've cruised 5 times since cruising restarted and had a horrible experience each check in night. App and website would crash or when trying to upload the required pics it would say it was uploading but the icon would spin and spin and spin. You would have to close the app and restart the whole process. This was most recently in March. I hope things are better now but I am not holding out hope. Pack your patience and expect the worse and hope for the best. Not trying to be a downer just realistic.

Some nights there is more than one ship checking in so you could literally have thousands of people trying to check in at the same time. DCL IT system does not support this. For the life of me can't figure out why they don't improve the system.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter