Paying Adult for 10 year old DD- will Share!

libertygirl

Tinkergirl
Hi all,

we agreed to pay adult price for dd 10 year old - She does not like nuggets and the like on kid's menu - so we are willing to pay this. However, Being that she will not eat it ALL. I am definitely counting on sharing and spreading the TS meals out over the week for lunches and dinner. I think disney should come up with a "lite" adult option for those who want to skip appetizer and/or dessert and pay accordingly. This would suit the needs of older kids who can't or won't eat from the kid's menu, but are too young or are light eaters and won't eat all that comes with the regular adult meal plan.

It has been mentioned before that an intermediate category could be instituted. I remember when we used to go to Disney when I ranged from age 11 - 17 or so, there was another ticket category-- name I can't remember- that was an in between price for tickets and I think other situations. With the DP, I bet they'd win on some of the light eating children (well, you know, kids who eat lightly, not real lights...) and balance the ones that ate a ton for their age.

It seems to be a good thought.

Don't forget that you can simply choose not to patronize the dining plan, if it does not serve your needs. While it seems very tempting in some ways, if it isn't going to be worth it to you then definitely go all-OOP.

Restaurants are given a fixed dollar amount for each MYW guest. The amount they get isn't much more (in some cases less) than the menu cost of the entrée, tax and tip. I don't think Disney would charge much less, or the restaurants would accept less, if appetizers and desserts were skipped. The actual cost for the food; salad, soup, ice cream and cake can't be much more than $1 or $2 and I don't think most guests would like a "lite option" that was only $1 less.

Some guests were interested in a CS only plan but that would probably become nothing more than a straight discount.

I'm sure Disney assumes some guests will skip some appetizers/desserts and some may even leave with some unused credits.

MYW Dining is like a buffet, if you don't think you'll eat enough to "get your monies worth" don't buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter