• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

PBH - Extremely disappointed - who to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really need to get them...
really i do...

for the past year our neighbors have big old, two of them, spotlights aimed for our bedroom windows.

it's like sleeping with Mr Sun.

just because we called the police a few times due to their 7 pitbulls running around loose, they don't like us.

now don't yell at me for changing the thread course.
i used the words, 'light in my room and face' to keep with the theme.

i really need to get them...
really i do...

for the past year our neighbors have big old, two of them, spotlights aimed for our bedroom windows.

it's like sleeping with Mr Sun.

just because we called the police a few times due to their 7 pitbulls running around loose, they don't like us.

now don't yell at me for changing the thread course.
i used the words, 'light in my room and face' to keep with the theme.
:lmao::lmao:

I must have missed the other thread explaining that the OP had tortured and killed all of your families. Jeez....

Possibly the funniest way I've ever read this sort of sentiment put. And I started my message board life on wedding-planning boards, which are *brutal*, so you'd think I would have seen something like it before! :)

..."there are the blackout curtains which you have to look for, reach behind to close, then the sheers and the curtain."

OK wait, there are three? Whoa, I missed the real blackout curtain then! So my post about RPR was actually not based on experience, whoops. Our room was really really REALLY dark, even without pulling 3 sets of curtains closed...how dark would it have gotten with the 3rd? (I'm kinda frightened thinking about it)

We always leave the curtains open a bit or we'll sleep way too long in the morning because it is so dark. We make sure the sheers are closed but leave the blackouts open a bit.

I'm the same way... When it dark I sleep, I need the sun to get me up. Winter's in SD are brutal for me because I have a hard time getting up before 8am since there is no sun.

I think they should have at least cut the cost of the room by half maybe, I'm not sure about comping the whole room though. It tough to say, but I feel your pain I hate when I'm at a cheap hotel and the Parking lot is lit up like Christmas. My DBF hates that I have to have the curtain cracked, he can't stand the light, which in truth either can I, but if I don't before I know it it will be 3pm and yes I can sleep that long :laughing:

Thank you damo. It seems you may be one of the few who understands.

When we pay $400/night for a room, we certainly do NOT expect to have a spotlight shining in our window... with or without the use of blackout curtains.

Apparently the manager on Sunday agreed as they actually DID put us in a different room and comp us for Saturday night. No kicking and screaming necessary.:rolleyes:

a comp is nothing to sneeze at imo just imagine what you've had gotten if you did kick & scream:laughing:

ps a few well placed clothespins will do the trick to hold the blackout curtains taut.

I find Universal's customer service and hotel management to be far superior. We were at Disney beginning of June and wasted an hour at Guest Services trying to deal with an issue with one CM who couldn't seem to solve our problem or even care. Another CM finally took over and it was solved in about 5 minutes. We also had severe issues with the maintenance of our Garden Wing room at the Contemporary. I don't know how they could even be letting people stay in that wing with the filth, mold and dirt. It was a real let down after staying at the Royal Pacific. And it was $100 more per room.

There will always be isolated incidences where things go wrong on a vacation. I find that Universal does a much better job of taking care of you. That is why we continue to return over and over and over again.

One person's deal breaker is another's bump in the road. If you travel enough the odds are eventually something will go south. It's the fix that's the issue not the problem imo

the Mouse owns me, yet I agree 100% that if you state your issue when @ an onsite U resort & especially take the time to write a letter afterwards, they will make it right for you...in spades.:thumbsup2Loews goes the extra mile to retain repeat guests.

Room number please

popcorn::yep, i want to request it so i can try to get a comp;)

We have black outs in our bedroom and love them on the weekends.:thumbsup2

me too, usually rum is involved:cool2:

hey.........

now melanie is going to pass the hat to collect from us the cost of a one night stay there.

i know.
we'll send melanie to Lou for the
2.gif

LOL!...You won't need to pass the hat to pay for a room. I will cover it!

i stayed at the yacht club- conc. level and i had the spotlight from the lighthouse right in my room- when i complained they told me to shut the drapes......

i stayed at the yacht club- conc. level and i had the spotlight from the lighthouse right in my room- when i complained they told me to shut the drapes......

:rotfl2: how can that be when disney has such superior customer service? Sidenote: after we had stayed at rpr and pb clubs, my husband and I started laughing when we saw the continental breakfast at the polynesian club. I think I went there 4 times in a seven night stay. For $600 a night! The only reason we go to disney is my son and dil like it.

My DBF hates that I have to have the curtain cracked, he can't stand the light, which in truth either can I, but if I don't before I know it it will be 3pm and yes I can sleep that long :laughing:

Curious ~ why can't you just set the alarm clock or arrange a wake-up call? :confused3 I prefer waking up naturally to sunrise, but an alarm clock does the job, too.

Can you guys stop trying to investigate as though you doubt the story? Clearly she's not making it up. It's quite the plot isn't it? Register six months ago, make a few hundred posts all so you have some credibility when you drop a bomb of a fake story on the Universal Resorts board, thus ruining everyone's life. Call it an overreaction if you want, point out that the situation was fixable, whatever. Clearly you've chased the person off and they're never going to post on here again, so what the point of continuing with the questions? I can't be the only one who reads this thread and thinks "These people are being ridiculous", right?

Can you guys stop trying to investigate as though you doubt the story? Clearly she's not making it up. It's quite the plot isn't it? Register six months ago, make a few hundred posts all so you have some credibility when you drop a bomb of a fake story on the Universal Resorts board, thus ruining everyone's life. Call it an overreaction if you want, point out that the situation was fixable, whatever. Clearly you've chased the person off and they're never going to post on here again, so what the point of continuing with the questions? I can't be the only one who reads this thread and thinks "These people are being ridiculous", right?

You know what ; you're right. I apologize to op for my part. I get a little overzealous about pb. I wish I could live there.

I don't doubt OP's story at all and never meant to imply that.

I just think the situation could have been more easily remedied than going home to sleep considering it's a high-end room in a high-end hotel that rents that same room out every single night.

Also, none of us sought OP out and begged her to tell the story -- she posted it here. When you post something, it's out there for the world to comment on.

I never doubted the story was true either. I was a little surprised by it, but never doubted it.

I never doubted the story. It is so ridiculous as to be mistaken for a joke, but I'm sure she believes her complaint is legitimate. I do not. That is all.

I never doubted the story. It is so ridiculous as to be mistaken for a joke, but I'm sure she believes her complaint is legitimate. I do not. That is all.

Thats how I feel.:thumbsup2

lou, are you serious?
i never thought it was a fake story.

but then, i am a blonde.............just sayin...
and did not think twice it was a joke complaint.

homies are just having a little fun.

and, i would never have known about the black out curtains if i hadn't posted in this thread, which i am going to buy now...

the one i feel bad for is laura.
she never did get the room number she requested.

i want to know the room number also....
i have stayed at pb numerous times and have not seen this "light" of which
people speak..call me skeptical...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter