Pearl tier begins May 1, 2023

r.e. bold -- the Private Restaurant, Lounge, Decks, section on their Island with restaurant and beach, drinks anywhere throughout the day that I referenced IS Concierge only it's a DCL Concierge Level that provides more for far fewer $$$.
But it's concierge on a different cruise line. And I don't want Disney to emulate those other lines.

I think the reason why they chose the photo package is that it offers the biggest value without costing them very much. Those photo packages are expensive, so getting them free seems very generous. But the photographers are around anyway, taking anyone’s pictures without you having to buy anything at all. So, the only cost is the lost revenue from those pearl cruisers that would have purchased the package. And judging from the pearl members on this board, that’s not so many. Which makes sense. You are more likely to get pictures from a special trip. But after 25 cruises it’s not so special anymore.

I still think it’s neat to have (even though I am 20 cruises away from pearl). Not for getting a million pictures. But I think a lot of people will like getting a picture with the captain. Or if they happen have a nice picture in the dining room. Or on a special cruise when they take pictures like when crossing the Panama Canal and such.

But it's concierge on a different cruise line. And I don't want Disney to emulate those other lines.

DCL has attempted to *emulate* other cruise lines with the Concierge Level offerings on the WISH and I believe they will continue to do so on all new ships. We've sailed DCL Concierge on Dream and it does not measure up with other lines and sadly even with the changes on WISH the Concierge Level still falls short of returning value for one's $$$$. We cherish our past DCL cruises with our family and without but now we expect more when paying more and now not requiring the sprinkling of PIXIE DUST, DCL falls short.

DCL has attempted to *emulate* other cruise lines with the Concierge Level offerings on the WISH and I believe they will continue to do so on all new ships. We've sailed DCL Concierge on Dream and it does not measure up with other lines and sadly even with the changes on WISH the Concierge Level still falls short of returning value for one's $$$$. We cherish our past DCL cruises with our family and without but now we expect more when paying more and now not requiring the sprinkling of PIXIE DUST, DCL falls short.
I really don't think that Disney is attempting to emulate anyone else with their concierge service. The perks for concierge haven't really changed over the years. And, I hope that they don't change in any way that impacts other guests, such as blocking off more sections of the ship or Castaway Cay.

As I said, if you don't find the DCL concierge perks to be worth the price that Disney charges, then don't sail concierge with DCL.

I really don't think that Disney is attempting to emulate anyone else with their concierge service. The perks for concierge haven't really changed over the years. And, I hope that they don't change in any way that impacts other guests, such as blocking off more sections of the ship or Castaway Cay.

As I said, if you don't find the DCL concierge perks to be worth the price that Disney charges, then don't sail concierge with DCL.

DCL fashioned the WISH Concierge Lounge and outside deck after OTHER cruise lines that have provided the experience for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter