Penny Press Machines at DL/DCA?

degrapevine

Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
Just a (silly) question about penny press machines ...
My kids just love these machines at WDW - We have the collector book and we always bring quarters and pennies to fill them.
Does DL and/or DCA have these machines also?
Would carrying rolls of quarters and pennies in my carry-on luggage be a problem at security?
(I'm not sure how they would look on the x-ray machine!)
Also, is there a collector book just for DL/DCA?
The WDW one we have has pictures of all four parks on it, so it would be nice to get a special book just for their DL pennies.
Thanks in advance to anyone with penny press information!
I can't believe we're within the 100 day window for our trip ... reality is beginning to set in ...
We're really going - YEAH!!!

Yup, there are plenty of penny press machines around. There's even an arcade full of them next to the ice cream parlor on Main Street. I've seen the collector's books, but I honestly can't remember what they look like. I have a feeling they may have changed since my last trip, anyway.

I can't answer any questions about flying--we don't fly. Sorry!

Saw them everywhere - not just Disneyland machines, but machines for various lands and even rides.

You could have filled a book with just DL and DCA pennies (and they also had DL oenny books).

The books look just like the WDW ones except of course they say Disneyland! I have never had a problem getting through security with all of our quarters or the books. I never check those because I don't want them lost or anything. I read on the tips board that the small mini m & m's cannisters are great for keeping your quarters and penneys. I just bought some this weekend, two for each kid, one for the penney's and one for the quarters. That way we can keep them separate and handy! There are not as many machines as they have at WDW but there are still plenty to be found, especially at the Penney Arcade on Main Street. They don't have them after each ride like they do at WDW however.

Amy&Dan said:
I read on the tips board that the small mini m & m's cannisters are great for keeping your quarters and penneys. I just bought some this weekend, two for each kid, one for the penney's and one for the quarters. That way we can keep them separate and handy!

I had read this tip, too, and did this for our last trip to WDW this past November. It worked like a charm! I just filled them ahead of time with 2 quarters then 1 penny over and over, and whenever DD asked to make a pressed penny, voila! Out came 51 cents without having to dig for change every time! However, it did show up on the x-ray of our carry-on, and we had to open it up and show them what it was, but it took less than 2 minutes and was really not a problem. I saved the mini-M&M's container with the rest of my Disney travel stuff for future use!

Thank you so much to everyone for all your great replies!
I'm so glad to know that there are plenty of machines at DL for my kids to collect pressed pennies
(as this will probably be a once in lifetime trip).
We'll look for the collector book as soon as we arrive our first day to start our DL collection.
I will definitely buy some of the M&M mini's canisters - I was thinking of using film canisters,
but they aren't as tall and won't hold as much, so the M&M ones will work out better.
I like the idea of stacking them w/2 quarters and a penny so I won't have to go through 2 containers for each "press."
I'll also plan on keeping them in my carry-on bag in case security asks to see what that "suspicious" looking item on the x-ray is!
Hey, phyllis1966 - Looks like we'll be there the same time as you!
Thanks again, everybody.
... Now I just need to think of my next planning question ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter