People interested in Poly2: are you hoping for new association or same?

Are you hoping Poly2 is a

• New Association (eg Copper Creek)

Votes: 77 31.4%
  • Same Association (eg Kidani)

Votes: 168 68.6%

• Total voters

BamaGuy44

DIS Veteran
I have no idea what they'll do (though it's fun to guess), possibly they haven't even decided yet. But if you like Poly2 and it was your choice, which would you prefer? These pros are pros for the owners, not necessarily for Disney, I don't care what's best for them they'll be fine lol

Pros of Same Association:
  • Resale points will be good there
  • No resale restrictions
  • Current owners have access
Pros of New Association:
  • Longer contract (presumably)
  • Current owners don't have access (people who own only Poly2 may see this as a pro)

I just want no restrictions. I don't care if that means it's the same association or a new association and they abandon restrictions entirely.

Same for me, but I'm assuming if it's new it will have restrictions. Not necessarily true though. Sadly it will be a long time until we know for sure probably

I just want no restrictions. I don't care if that means it's the same association or a new association and they abandon restrictions entirely.
I rather agree with this. The Poly announcement has piqued my interest in purchasing direct for the first time, after owning 2 resale contracts for years. But only, and I mean ONLY if they have not torpedoed future potential resale value by saddling it with onerous resale restrictions like they did with Riviera. Time will tell, I guess.

I rather agree with this. The Poly announcement has piqued my interest in purchasing direct for the first time, after owning 2 resale contracts for years. But only, and I mean ONLY if they have not torpedoed future potential resale value by saddling it with onerous resale restrictions like they did with Riviera. Time will tell, I guess.
The jury is still out on how the restrictions will affect RVA resale value. It's not as low as people had predicted originally (definitely not "torpedoed"), but we won't really know until the resort sells out so there's no direct competition and ROFR gets going on it.

I am hoping for new on this one. I just think there will be way too many points if it is all one. I know I just bought VGF with a similar set up...but total points there are still a lot less than what Poly has and all those bungalow points may not help, but hurt, booking...

Restrictions don't bother me so that aspect won't play a role.

If it's the same association I MAY add on a little because they could combine with my current pvb points, if they are different however that goes out the window and is less usable for me.

I can't decide. I want new if I buy but if I don't I want same so I can use my existing points there. I'm not a fan of PV1 studios.

The only way that I would purchase would be if the resale restrictions were to be dropped and it becomes a part of PVB. If my PVB points cannot be used there at 7 months due to being resale points, I see no reason to buy at the new resort at all. I'll continue to use me PVB points as SAP at the O14.

I have 50 points at PVB, if the new building is in the same association I should be able to add on less than 150 points. I just bought 75 points at GFV direct, I would like to buy another 75 points in a few years and then possibly sell my original grandfathered SSR contract.

This is good question, and it's interesting to read others opinion why. While I want same condo assoc. to ensure no restrictions, I have to agree with prior poster, that the glut of bungalows points will make a new association appealing, so that there's way less breakage lining Disney's pocket, because you know there's a limit of how much goes back to the association, with the rest only going to Disney.

Great3

New Association. Not a fan of the restrictions overall but they most likely wouldn't affect me as much being a direct Riviera owner (and a direct Poly2 owner haha).

As bad as that concept art looks, hope it’s a new association. Come on Disney…take the restraining bolt off your design team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter